Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 22 Alcoa 21 OT
Final
Alcoas first regular loss to a team other than Maryville in almost 3 years
This puts Corbin at #1 in 3A now and we may have just found the team to dethron both Belfry and Louisville Central
Only if they move it to Corbin. Never have I seen anything like that. Give Ashurst 14 pts and Corbin the rest. LOL
Great job Redhounds.
Great game! Congratulations Corbin!
WhyLie Wrote:Only if they move it to Corbin. Never have I seen anything like that. Give Ashurst 14 pts and Corbin the rest. LOL

:biglmao:
The only truly bad call was the intentional grounding. That could've been crucial but Alcoa scored right after it. A miss here or there happens but I thought it was a well officiated game. Any other complaints are just sour grapes.
I thought Corbin looked good. Predictable but good. Glad they won. Still need to anchor that line.
Excellent football game. Congrats Corbin!!
HAROLD Wrote:The only truly bad call was the intentional grounding. That could've been crucial but Alcoa scored right after it. A miss here or there happens but I thought it was a well officiated game. Any other complaints are just sour grapes.

well officiated :hilarious::hilarious:
I am glad Corbin won against a TN team, but facts are facts, Alcoa got shafted from the time I posted it was going to happen.
HAROLD Wrote:The only truly bad call was the intentional grounding. That could've been crucial but Alcoa scored right after it. A miss here or there happens but I thought it was a well officiated game. Any other complaints are just sour grapes.

Wrong sir unnecessary ruffness and neutral zone infraction where horrible and pass interference was ifie
I don't thinking was necessarily the calls that made them questionable, it was the timing of them
Go Hounds! 2-0! whining and crying about the refs can be done every single game..... Suck it up fellers
Great game Hounds.......They played well.
HighViz Wrote:Go Hounds! 2-0! whining and crying about the refs can be done every single game..... Suck it up fellers

Its not whining and crying when everyone is saying the same thing. It's called facts. They won but it was a cheap win. They look good but that shouldn't have been a win. Sorry not sorry
Objective Wrote:Its not whining and crying when everyone is saying the same thing. It's called facts. They won but it was a cheap win. They look good but that shouldn't have been a win. Sorry not sorry

Should've, would've, could've. Alcoa had chances to put the game away and didn't. Alcoa could've stopped the touchdown. Could've stopped the two to go into OT. Could've stopped the touchdown. Could've stopped the same exact play Corbin ran to get the win. Corbin ran the same play back to back and said stop me if you can. They couldn't. Heck of a win. 2-0.
Anyone who knows football knows that the flow of the game was handled very well by these officials. Such as extending Corbin drives when they should have been halted, and putting Alcoa behind the chains in early downs on a few occasions, etc. For example, on the last drive of regulation Corbin gained 3 first downs and all of them were because of penalties on Alcoa. That would be enough to make any announcer "call out" an official. But like Gut said in another thread, if it had been at Alcoa the officiating would have been no different. Congrats to the Redhounds, this is a huge win for their program.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Should've, would've, could've. Alcoa had chances to put the game away and didn't. Alcoa could've stopped the touchdown. Could've stopped the two to go into OT. Could've stopped the touchdown. Could've stopped the same exact play Corbin ran to get the win. Corbin ran the same play back to back and said stop me if you can. They couldn't. Heck of a win. 2-0.

Could have and would have stopped them but the refs wouldn't let them. They should have never had those oppuritunities
Objective Wrote:Its not whining and crying when everyone is saying the same thing. It's called facts. They won but it was a cheap win. They look good but that shouldn't have been a win. Sorry not sorry

With a name like objective, one would think you would know the difference between an opinion and a fact...but it's quite obvious you don't. Sorry not sorry.
The Spread Wrote:With a name like objective, one would think you would know the difference between an opinion and a fact...but it's quite obvious you don't. Sorry not sorry.

it was definitely facts.
You guys really don't know what bad Reffing looks like. Heck the other night there were many crazy calls in the Mayfield/Hoptown game. Heck the ref wouldn't call a false start on a wr because he didn't move his pivot foot. That is honestly what he told the coach. Tell me when basketball rules became a factor in football games.
Congratulations Corbin Redhounds on a statement game tonight.:Cheerlead And for some of you local bgr posters who talking smacked about Corbin victory in a negative way, you still have time to catch Alcoa charter bus back to Tennessee. Or wait on Corbin to come to your hometown :biglmao:
64, I'm not talking smack. But, I am anxiously awaiting the hounds coming towards our home soon. Gonna be fun.
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Corbin Redhounds on a statement game tonight.:Cheerlead And for some of you local bgr posters who talking smacked about Corbin victory in a negative way, you still have time to catch Alcoa charter bus back to Tennessee. Or wait on Corbin to come to your hometown :biglmao:

I can drive to Alcoa.it ain't far. The bus is probably faster than your bandwagon though.
Monster win for Corbin, congrats TongueirateSho
mysonis55 Wrote:You guys really don't know what bad Reffing looks like. Heck the other night there were many crazy calls in the Mayfield/Hoptown game. Heck the ref wouldn't call a false start on a wr because he didn't move his pivot foot. That is honestly what he told the coach. Tell me when basketball rules became a factor in football games.

I agree with this.

I think the biggest thing Corbin can do to keep that kind of talk down (not that they care nor have any responsibility to) is to keep ashurst crew and wilsons crew away from Corbin games.

I know Ashurst personally and hes a really good man. I don't for a second doubt his integrity and know he would never call a game a certain way for a cheap win. But, when your kids have went to Corbin and family is associated with the school, its hard not to think that if you don't know him.

Either way, at the end of the day, Alcoa had their chances. In the heat of the moment, I think everyone was looking for someone to blame, but after cooler heads prevailed, everyone realized Alcoa had their chances and blew them.

It was a very good win for the Corbin football program and im curious as to when the last time Alcoa lost to a KY team. Alcoa hasn't been this down in a long time. That's how much of a difference in TN and KY 3A football is. All four Blount County teams, including Maryville lost this weekend. Id say youd have to go back a long time to find the last time that happened.
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't love the unnecessary roughness penalty. Other than that I think the game was called pretty well. I don't think that one call costed Alcoa the game either. What is the old saying? "One play doesn't win or lose a game". That being said, there were 4 plays after that where if Alcoa stops Corbin they win the game. Two touchdowns scored on fourth down and two two point conversions. There were no penalties called on those four plays. Lots of Corbin envy on here by local posters, keep bringing it on boys, it's the most sincere form of flattery. Congrats to Corbin on a statement win. Got another tough one next week with Pulaski County.
mysonis55 Wrote:I thought Corbin looked good. Predictable but good. Glad they won. Still need to anchor that line.

The line play wasn't that bad under the circumstances, three lineman changed positions, two lineman came over from defense and had three days to learn their assignments. One of the two have never played line was always a db and this year played linebacker. Gutsy coaching move in this type of game and atmosphere. That's why the hunt for six is real and Haddix is the man, he isn't afraid to make a change to better the team. With that being said all the shuffling was brought on by an injury. But again the line played good against the speed and pursuit a very strong Alcoa defense has, they are by no means a slouch there record the past three years and beyond explains that program. May be one of the top defenses corbin sees all season. They are defenatly better than the defense Corbin faced last week and had a better showing, not to take away from Whitley but realistically you can't compare them to a Alcoa team. Haters going to hate, and before anyone gets there feelings hurt if your real about the comparison you will agree.