Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County at Wayne County 8-25-17
The Pulaski County Maroons travel to the Wayne County Cardinals this Friday night 8-25-17. Kick Off is at 7:30. Who Wins and Why? Both are 1-0 and looked impressive in their opening games.
This is easily one of the state's top games this week. Gimme the home team by a point.
Wayne Co 21-20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulaski County 41 Wayne 6
I hate to pick against The Cardinals, but going with Pulaski County by a touchdown .
PC will roll in this one. 42-14. #norespect #rodneydangerfield #anotherstatechampionship #keepdoubting
Don't see anyone in 5A east competing with South Western. SW 48 Wayne 6. SW 49 PC 3. So by my math Wayne beats PC 3-2 in a spunking good game.
id put my money on Pullaski in this one
Be nice jim rome.

It's football season again, so let's enjoy it.
jim rome Wrote:Don't see anyone in 5A east competing with South Western. SW 48 Wayne 6. SW 49 PC 3. So by my math Wayne beats PC 3-2 in a spunking good game.

:dontthink
I see Wayne co being better than last yr team and Pulaski not as good.
Wayne co 23 Pulaski 14
Bigfoot Wrote:I see Wayne co being better than last yr team and Pulaski not as good.
Wayne co 23 Pulaski 14

I think Pulaski is still very good.
I agree, they are hard to beat
Bigfoot Wrote:I agree, they are a hard to beat

some people want to think that they are way down this year, and that is simply not true. it should be a battle between them and Wayne County, but wouldn't surprise me to see The Maroons pull away either.
Would really like to see this one. Think it will be a really good game.
Pulaski County - 42

Wayne County - 20
Excited to catch this one before the Pike County Bowl on Saturday. Go Maroons!
Two good teams going at it, my only prediction is that it will be a single digit victory by whoever wins.
Wow anybody that thinks Pulaski is going to roll 41-6, is absolutely CRAZY. Pulaski is way underrated in their district and statewide in my opinion, four straight Class 5A championship game appearances and a title, but these same squads scrimmaged last season and it wasn't 41-6.
Pulaski beat Jeffersonville by 21, the same Jeffersonville that SW beat by 30 last year, so not sure why the win makes them 3-4 TDs better than Wayne. Cards beat Woodford in an un-even performance 45-7, those openers may tell us less about both teams.
This should be a good game on paper, but they line-up and play them for real for a reason, so expect the blandness of last season's scrimmage be a distant memory as both teams will put more emphasis this time around in a game that is really just a good test and more about pride than how they will finish this postseason.
The Maroons are one of the best programs around, but Wayne County has more than held their own in 3A and 4A the past several years, so give me the home team in this one. If I was a Maroon fan, bring a lawnchair as Jewell Field will be PACKED.
DDP5 Wrote:Two good teams going at it, my only prediction is that it will be a single digit victory by whoever wins.
That's a good safe pick.
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:Wow anybody that thinks Pulaski is going to roll 41-6, is absolutely CRAZY. Pulaski is way underrated in their district and statewide in my opinion, four straight Class 5A championship game appearances and a title, but these same squads scrimmaged last season and it wasn't 41-6.
Pulaski beat Jeffersonville by 21, the same Jeffersonville that SW beat by 30 last year, so not sure why the win makes them 3-4 TDs better than Wayne. Cards beat Woodford in an un-even performance 45-7, those openers may tell us less about both teams.
This should be a good game on paper, but they line-up and play them for real for a reason, so expect the blandness of last season's scrimmage be a distant memory as both teams will put more emphasis this time around in a game that is really just a good test and more about pride than how they will finish this postseason.
The Maroons are one of the best programs around, but Wayne County has more than held their own in 3A and 4A the past several years, so give me the home team in this one. If I was a Maroon fan, bring a lawnchair as Jewell Field will be PACKED.
I need to get over there for a game sometime. Where is the best place to eat in town? lol
According to KSR and most folks......The City Pool Hall! lol
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:According to KSR and most folks......The City Pool Hall! lol

I've been meaning to stop by there and try it. is the steakhouse no good? I usually go out to Hunter's BBQ at Albany .
One TD either way. I went with Pulaski in the pick em so I guess I'll say Pulaski 35
Wayne County 28
Wayne 28 Pulaski 26 OT.
Maroons by 6
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:Wow anybody that thinks Pulaski is going to roll 41-6, is absolutely CRAZY. Pulaski is way underrated in their district and statewide in my opinion, four straight Class 5A championship game appearances and a title, but these same squads scrimmaged last season and it wasn't 41-6.

Anybody that thinks Pulaski will not put a running clock on Wayne is grossly underestimating the addition of Mr. Phillip Russell to their coaching staff.
If I can pi$$ off the wife Friday afternoon and get kicked out, I will be there for this one.
#where is a good place to eat in Wayne County
# where is a good place to spend the night in Wayne County
# where is a good place to get fresh roses and an "I'm Sorry" Halmark Card in Wayne County:biggrin:
I think this will be Wayne's best season since they made to the Championship I still think JC will end Wayne Co. year but they will have a great season Wayne Co. 36
Pulaski Co. 32
Willie Turnover Wrote:Anybody that thinks Pulaski will not put a running clock on Wayne is grossly underestimating the addition of Mr. Phillip Russell to their coaching staff.
If I can pi$$ off the wife Friday afternoon and get kicked out, I will be there for this one.
#where is a good place to eat in Wayne County
# where is a good place to spend the night in Wayne County
# where is a good place to get fresh roses and an "I'm Sorry" Halmark Card in Wayne County:biggrin:

which radio station might be a better question ?
I think Wayne pulls out a tight one at home. 36-35 Wayne county.