Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Jenkins
What happened to the coach there? He was fired today. any ideas who will take over or who would even want to take over???
Tough place to succeed.
Deebo Wrote:What happened to the coach there? He was fired today. any ideas who will take over or who would even want to take over???

I wish them the best. Go Cavaliers !
May have a coach by Monday.
Hate to hear this. Hopefully they can get someone to build this program up.
UKisN1 Wrote:May have a coach by Monday.
Any new updates on the coaching situation?
Any updates yet on new coach? Heard possible interviews this week.
Hired a head coach today.
who is it?
Hope they give whoever they hired a chance to build it up and the community rallies around him with support.
Official announcement will come soon.
Matt Chandler has been named the new head coach.
Have known this young man a for awhile now, and Jenkins is very lucky to be getting him. No one has more compassion and a love for football and a love for the kids than Chandler. Wish him the best of luck. I know he will give it his all.
Where is he from? Any previous coaching experience?
Off topic. Dies snyone remember who the team from was that Jenkins played, on a Saturday afternoon, when there was a large carnaval going on in town?. Thanks.
MVP2 Wrote:Where is he from? Any previous coaching experience?
Whitesburg

Fairview, Montgomery County, Russell County, and Letcher Central are his previous coaching stints.
Is he related to former Whitesburg Coach Doug Chandler?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Off topic. Dies anyone remember who the team from was that Jenkins played, on a Saturday afternoon, when there was a large carnival going on in town?. Thanks.

Should never try posting from my phone.

Off topic. Does anyone remember who the team was that Jenkins played, on a Saturday afternoon, when there was a large carnival going on in town?. Thanks.
I believe they were from Virginia and it was the same day as the Pike County bowl was going on. It would have been back in the early 2000's.
killerb Wrote:Is he related to former Whitesburg Coach Doug Chandler?

Yes, I believe he is a nephew.
Great hire for Jenkins. Matt is a great guy and a great student of the game.
was he the OC at Lecther last Yr? I heard he was Not a Good coach . Good Luck!
May need to check your sources.
He was the OC last year at LCC and not sure who your source is that say he was not a good coach, but obviously they are not a reliable source. He knows the game and most of all loves the kids and helps them on an off the field. Some of the things that happened on the offensive side were out of his control and made to look like it was him calling those plays.
oldschool7759 Wrote:He was the OC last year at LCC and not sure who your source is that say he was not a good coach, but obviously they are not a reliable source. He knows the game and most of all loves the kids and helps them on an off the field. Some of the things that happened on the offensive side were out of his control and made to look like it was him calling those plays.

a state Championship coach and Parents my Sources . as OC chandler Offense average 10 PTS according to Them. Say he is to Buddy Buddy with Kids and back Stab the HC at Every Turn. This what People say .
How many games did your state championship coach attend and yea, quotes from parents are always authentic.
Coach Chandler has been around high school football for several years and has respect enough for his head coaches not to back stab any of them. If he had an issue with them I am sure he would go straight to the head coach. He is not the back stabbing kind. But that's a two way street, the head coach should also be man enough if he has a problem with an assistant coach he needs to go to them and not let them find out through other sources that he is no longer the OC. But this is all water under the bridge, and Coach Chandler is moving ahead to build a program at Jenkins. Wish him the best of luck and hope everyone supports him and gives him a chance to prove what he can do. I can assure you one thing, he will give the program and the kids 200%....
Wrangler Wrote:a state Championship coach and Parents my Sources . as OC chandler Offense average 10 PTS according to Them. Say he is to Buddy Buddy with Kids and back Stab the HC at Every Turn. This what People say .
Which people ?
Will the have a chance to even be competitive with any team they play?
Don't see it happening.
Got to get more bodies out to be competitive.