Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60th District Seeding set
#1 Lawrence vs. #4 Belfry

#2 PCC vs. #3 Phelps

Games will be played at Lawrence County in two weeks. Times and dates to be determined next week I assume.

A little bit of controversy in this, involving PCC and Phelps doubleheader last night. PCC beats up Phelps 22-6 in game one, but mysteriously loses game 2 by a score of 17-2.........:eyeroll: If PCC had won both, then Belfry would have been the #3 seed and Phelps the #4. I'll leave it up to everyone's imagination of what might have happened in game #2 last night......
Thanks for the seeding. I think we all know what went on here:igiveup: Belfry....who has struggled most of the season, gave PCC all they wanted in the 2nd game of their head to head...and they chickened out of a potential rematch. Pretty typical from Buckley's Creek. Nothing against their players....PCC has some nice talent. However....that speaks volumes about their coaching staff.
Well what's wrong with letting some JV kids get in on some varsity action?

Our boys were tired after that 1st game.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Well what's wrong with letting some JV kids get in on some varsity action?

Really? That's your excuse? They were "tired" after a 22-6 win in game 1? :please: Let me ask this, on the April 1st DH against Allen Central, how many varsity starters "rested" in the 2nd game? Precisely my point. :dontthink

The entire region knows what happened here. And if I were a parent of a player on that team, I would not be happy of what is being taught......
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Thanks for the seeding. I think we all know what went on here:igiveup: Belfry....who has struggled most of the season, gave PCC all they wanted in the 2nd game of their head to head...and they chickened out of a potential rematch. Pretty typical from Buckley's Creek. Nothing against their players....PCC has some nice talent. However....that speaks volumes about their coaching staff.

Yeah, that's dirty pool but who should be surprised coming from PC! Good luck to the Hornets and hope they get the W!
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Well what's wrong with letting some JV kids get in on some varsity action?

:please: :moon:

I'm sure they were tired:lmao:

I've always found you to be a fair poster........in victory and defeat....so I'm not going to take your post seriously.:biggrin:

This type of gamesmanship has been seen before...and will be seen again. However....IMO, and it's just my opinion.....it stinks. What goes around...comes around. Certainly not a knock on the PCC players. In the games I've seen....I found them to play hard, show good sportsmanship...and support their fellow teammates. This is all about the chicken &%$# coaching staff. :biggrin:
Yeah guys, I was just being a smart ass. I've always been a respectful member of the community, classy in victory & defeat just as OutlawJoseyWales mentioned. It was just me trying to be throw a little humor to the situation.

Look truth be told, I don't like it anymore that the rest of you. I hate losing regardless.

I'll also say, Phelps aren't no slouch. Coach Avina has them playing some good baseball right now and they truthfully could give us a run for our money on any given night. It won't be easy for us.

But I wanna wish everyone the best of luck in the tournament!

That's alright we'll return the favor 10/20
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Yeah guys, I was just being a smart ass. I've always been a respectful member of the community, classy in victory & defeat just as OutlawJoseyWales mentioned. It was just me trying to be throw a little humor to the situation.

Look truth be told, I don't like it anymore that the rest of you. I hate losing regardless.

I'll also say, Phelps aren't no slouch. Coach Avina has them playing some good baseball right now and they truthfully could give us a run for our money on any given night. It won't be easy for us.

But I wanna wish everyone the best of luck in the tournament!

I didn't think you were being serious.:biggrin:

You're right about Phelps. They have some talent.
Will there be future tanked games like this in early May once the "Super Region" begins in 2018?
Throwing a game to get away from playing a certain team is pathetic
:Thumbs::lame::Thumbs:
I guess it's a good thing that Pike Central's Coach has a yellow streak because we would have beat that a--
99pirate, after reading your statements, my opinion is that you are a disgruntled parent of a player. If I was in your position, I would be too. However, I do not feel like your assumption of the Pirates kicking Pike Central's a** has any substance to back the claim. Here is some facts... Pike Centraly beat belfry 15-5 with their best pitcher throwing. Then... beat the pirates at home as well. THte pirates lost to a not so good phelps team, and only scored one run in the district game last night.. Not to mention the pirates are in the bottom half of he region in all categories. Therefore, I feel your last statement has no substance to be backed up. The pirates has some decent young talent and arms and wish them luck in the years to come.
Wish good luck to Lawrence and Central as they play in the district championship game
Hillbilly18 Wrote:99pirate, after reading your statements, my opinion is that you are a disgruntled parent of a player. If I was in your position, I would be too. However, I do not feel like your assumption of the Pirates kicking Pike Central's a** has any substance to back the claim. Here is some facts... Pike Centraly beat belfry 15-5 with their best pitcher throwing. Then... beat the pirates at home as well. THte pirates lost to a not so good phelps team, and only scored one run in the district game last night.. Not to mention the pirates are in the bottom half of he region in all categories. Therefore, I feel your last statement has no substance to be backed up. The pirates has some decent young talent and arms and wish them luck in the years to come.
Wish good luck to Lawrence and Central as they play in the district championship game

I'm not disgruntled I have no doubt we finished right where we should have but if we played like we did in the 2nd game we could have had a chance to beat them so there coach took a punk way out. Play the game the way it's supposed to be played and if you win that's great if you get beat take it and go home but play the game the way it was ment to be played if you have a problem with what I said my name is Scott Varney you can always come talk to me about it im not being a A-- I'm just being real throwing a game so you don't have to play us was a punk move and that's the only reason the the dirt bag of a coach would have done it again just being honest
Hillbilly18 Wrote:99pirate, after reading your statements, my opinion is that you are a disgruntled parent of a player. If I was in your position, I would be too. However, I do not feel like your assumption of the Pirates kicking Pike Central's a** has any substance to back the claim. Here is some facts... Pike Centraly beat belfry 15-5 with their best pitcher throwing. Then... beat the pirates at home as well. THte pirates lost to a not so good phelps team, and only scored one run in the district game last night.. Not to mention the pirates are in the bottom half of he region in all categories. Therefore, I feel your last statement has no substance to be backed up. The pirates has some decent young talent and arms and wish them luck in the years to come.

I don't see where 99pirate comes off as a "disgruntled parent". By using your logic....Pike Central should have been more than willing to play the game. Swept the regular series.....and as you said..."belfry lost to a not so good phelps teams". Of which...so did Pike Central......albeit...they threw the game. Why did they throw the game? To avoid a rematch against Belfry. It's not rocket science. And it's not coming from a disgruntled parent. It's simply gamesmanship.....and it's kinda sad. Pathetic really. One can only speculate that PCC's coaches were afraid of choking against the Pirates. (Could it be that Pike Central is the 15th region host....and they were dying to make sure they advanced??? ) Just....very, very sad. Oh well.....it's over. On to the next season......I think that's football......TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don't see where 99pirate comes off as a "disgruntled parent". By using your logic....Pike Central should have been more than willing to play the game. Swept the regular series.....and as you said..."belfry lost to a not so good phelps teams". Of which...so did Pike Central......albeit...they threw the game. Why did they throw the game? To avoid a rematch against Belfry. It's not rocket science. And it's not coming from a disgruntled parent. It's simply gamesmanship.....and it's kinda sad. Pathetic really. One can only speculate that PCC's coaches were afraid of choking against the Pirates. (Could it be that Pike Central is the 15th region host....and they were dying to make sure they advanced??? ) Just....very, very sad. Oh well.....it's over. On to the next season......I think that's football......TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Well said Outlaw I couldn't said it any better I'm not mad I just think that the coach sent a bad message to his team as young men they pay attention to what there coaches say and do I that would never happen on this side of the Pike Co.
You two guys must know ball after reading your previous conversation.
After reading your logic, I agree, it makes TOO much sense for Central to ensure THEIR presence in regional play. THEIR coach ( hope I spelled it correctly) put his team in the best odds to win; however, winning is coward ( according to Pike County North). Ball revolves around them. Thank you for enlighitng me of how Ball Is played. But... soccer and golf is before football... Another flawed argument... typical pond creek
Hillbilly18 Wrote:You two guys must know ball after reading your previous conversation.

Lol
Last thing... belfry is 2-6 in the last 3 years.... and hasn't made the region in the last 2 years. Pike central may have figured something out lol
Hillbilly18 Wrote:Last thing... belfry is 2-6 in the last 3 years.... and hasn't made the region in the last 2 years. Pike central may have figured something out lol

:lame:
Hillbilly18 Wrote:Last thing... belfry is 2-6 in the last 3 years.... and hasn't made the region in the last 2 years. Pike central may have figured something out lol

Yea they figured out how to dodge us but you won't have to next year we'll take care you it will be back to where it used to be until then if you got a problem with what I have to say look me up if not we'll see you in October

You are probably correct with the record over the past 3 seasons record. Who was the player that hit the 2R home-run off of PC's best pitcher to knock them out of the district on their home field three seasons ago? The look on the PC faithful faces following the game was priceless.

Seems like the only thing the hawks have figured out is to not play with fire or you may get burned. Just ask the basketball team.

If the PC coach doesn't want to compete and teach his player's they have to earn things in life he is in the wrong profession. But this is PC we are talking about so no one should be surprised!
Big Don Wrote:You are probably correct with the record over the past 3 seasons record. Who was the player that hit the 2R home-run off of PC's best pitcher to knock them out of the district on their home field three seasons ago? The look on the PC faithful faces following the game was priceless.

Seems like the only thing the hawks have figured out is to not play with fire or you may get burned. Just ask the basketball team.

If the PC coach doesn't want to compete and teach his player's they have to earn things in life he is in the wrong profession. But this is PC we are talking about so no one should be surprised!
Well said it's about what you teach the kids that's why you would never see no kind of crap like that at Belfry