•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
OldJacket Wrote:I heard 64SUR was rubbing elbows with some Trumps a few months back...By all accounts this should be the Hounds year, but Belfry has proved year in and year out they are the best...

He has a brown nose so he should be a Bears fan :biglmao:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No none of us true Belfry fans or any of us that know anything about football thinks Corbin should be your preseason #1

Corbin, or anyone else for that matter, should overtake Belfry at the #1 spot, Period! Again, not taking away from any other school but Belfry has been at the top for a few years now and that should not be taken away from them because they graduated a great class. Remember, we still have some outstanding players coming back that played 3 years with that senior class that just graduated. All that tells me is these guys are more prepared than anybody else in 3A. Having to go up against those guys every single day in practice instead of just one game a year would make any athlete better. And don't forget, the sophomore and junior classes that the Pirates have won four straight middle school championships against pretty much the same competition that they'll be facing in high school. So please tell me again why Belfry should not be anywhere but #1? I'm not bragging or throwing all our success up in anyone's face but just trying to prove my point. Not only do I think that Belfry will win the 3A championship again this year but I also believe that they'll be favored to win it all every year until this incoming Sophomore class graduates. Just my thoughts but I honestly don't see how anyone that knows anything about football can argue with the points I just made. On the flipside, I could be dead wrong. Belfry could come out and go 2-8 on the season and surprise everyone, which is highly unlikely, but it could happen. Then, and only then, someone else can be called "King of the 3A Mountain"!
This will be talked about and argued till we're all blue in the face and our fingers are sore. We won't truly get an answer though until the two juggernauts of 3A meet in November. It may be in semi state or it may be in the region championship. Either way, it's gonna be a lot of fun up until then. Best of luck to the pirates and redhounds. I hope we are both able to start and end the season injury free. Not only do I want Corbin to beat the pirates but I want Corbin to beat them at their best, and I'm sure all the pond creek faithful feel the same way. Is it august yet?!?!?!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This will be talked about and argued till we're all blue in the face and our fingers are sore. We won't truly get an answer though until the two juggernauts of 3A meet in November. It may be in semi state or it may be in the region championship. Either way, it's gonna be a lot of fun up until then. Best of luck to the pirates and redhounds. I hope we are both able to start and end the season injury free. Not only do I want Corbin to beat the pirates but I want Corbin to beat them at their best, and I'm sure all the pond creek faithful feel the same way. Is it august yet?!?!?!

Well said buddy
#51PirateFan Wrote:Corbin, or anyone else for that matter, should overtake Belfry at the #1 spot, Period! Again, not taking away from any other school but Belfry has been at the top for a few years now and that should not be taken away from them because they graduated a great class. Remember, we still have some outstanding players coming back that played 3 years with that senior class that just graduated. All that tells me is these guys are more prepared than anybody else in 3A. Having to go up against those guys every single day in practice instead of just one game a year would make any athlete better. And don't forget, the sophomore and junior classes that the Pirates have won four straight middle school championships against pretty much the same competition that they'll be facing in high school. So please tell me again why Belfry should not be anywhere but #1? I'm not bragging or throwing all our success up in anyone's face but just trying to prove my point. Not only do I think that Belfry will win the 3A championship again this year but I also believe that they'll be favored to win it all every year until this incoming Sophomore class graduates. Just my thoughts but I honestly don't see how anyone that knows anything about football can argue with the points I just made. On the flipside, I could be dead wrong. Belfry could come out and go 2-8 on the season and surprise everyone, which is highly unlikely, but it could happen. Then, and only then, someone else can be called "King of the 3A Mountain"!

Good Post. I do think....then the preseason polls come out....Corbin will be the preseason favorite. My opinion is based on perception. Statewide....all people see is that Belfry lost a MEGA CLASS. Also figuring into the equation is that Corbin has a prolific senior QB returning in Sizemore...and IMO it all adds up to Corbin being the early favorite. I agree....the argument can be made that until somebody knocks Belfry off the mountain.....they should be #1. Crap....we've not lost to a 3A team in the last 4 years. IMO....how we're playing in November and December is more important than August and Sept.
pjdoug Wrote:at least you wont have a long ride back home .

Your right we can drive to Lexington win the State Championship and drive home the same day now lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Your right we can drive to Lexington win the State Championship and drive home the same day now lol

Glad you're gonna be supporting Corbin this year. You're a good sport! 😉
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Glad you're gonna be supporting Corbin this year. You're a good sport! 😉

Didn't really mean it to you or any Corbin fan just aggravating pjdoug but no I most definitely will be supporting the six time 3A State Champs 4 in a row getting ready to be five but I am sure it will be a fist fight this year and that's what a simi game should be good luck to you guys in the regular season see ya Thanksgiving weekend
Is Corbin hosting a middle school camp in June?
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Didn't really mean it to you or any Corbin fan just aggravating pjdoug but no I most definitely will be supporting the six time 3A State Champs 4 in a row getting ready to be five but I am sure it will be a fist fight this year and that's what a simi game should be good luck to you guys in the regular season see ya Thanksgiving weekend

Happy Thanksgiving ! lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Didn't really mean it to you or any Corbin fan just aggravating pjdoug but no I most definitely will be supporting the six time 3A State Champs 4 in a row getting ready to be five but I am sure it will be a fist fight this year and that's what a simi game should be good luck to you guys in the regular season see ya Thanksgiving weekend

I'm just rustling feathers as well. All roads point to corbin and Belfry, but both teams are gonna have some fun games between them and have good chances to get better. Corbin's schedule is loaded. Should be a fun ride.
DDP5 Wrote:Is Corbin hosting a middle school camp in June?

Yes June 5th and 6th
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I'm just rustling feathers as well. All roads point to corbin and Belfry, but both teams are gonna have some fun games between them and have good chances to get better. Corbin's schedule is loaded. Should be a fun ride.

Alcoa, and Mayfield could be two losses but Pulaski is down you won't have a problem with them Beechwood will be a good game until halftime there a good 1A School but like us and Pikeville you wear them out and after halftime there done and the rest of the schedule you'll have no problem
08-18-17 Whitley County (Away)
08-25-17 Alcoa Tn ( Home ) 3A Tn State Champs
09-01-17 Pulaski County ( Home) 5A State Runner up
09-08-17 Beechwood ( Away ) 1A State Champs
09-15-17 (Open )
09-22-17 Mayfield ( Neutral Site )
09-29-17 McCreary County ( Home )
10-06-17 Jackson County ( Away )
10-13-17 Bell County ( Away )
10-20-17 Casey County ( Home )
10-27-17 Knox Central ( Home )

Sure Losses:
Alcoa, Convincingly

Possible Losses:
Mayfield, I will say toss-up. Mayfield lost a lot so I might give a very slight edge to Corbin

Beechwood, This will be a very, very good Beechwood team. Playing away the week after Pulaski and before the Open Date I will give a slight edge to the veteran Tiger team.

Pulaski County, Pulaski is a goo program with nice pieces but I give Corbin the early edge

Probable Wins:
Whitley County, I think Corbin is the superior team in every category but Whitley definitely as the edge in experience and returning starters. Corbin will have new blood stepping in for the first starts of their career, I don't see Whitley winning but an upset isn't impossible

Knox Central, I almost listed this as a definite but being the last game of the regular season I could see Corbin resting up to prepare for a long playoff push and Knox made need the win for tiebreaker reasons. If Corbin want to beat them they will.

Definite Wins:
All District Teams by 4+ TD's

PREDICTION:
I am going to say 8-2.. definite loss to Alcoa and they lose one of those three other tough games. A 7-3 finish wouldn't be surprising whatsoever and also wouldn't be disappointing considering the competition, 6-4 would be a a major let down.

On the flip side 9-1 would be tough, but also not out of the realm of possibilities.

I would be shocked to see 10-0 or 5-5.
The announcement of Frankie Smith as the new HC at Bell County in basketball has to scare the Corbin fan base some what. Frankie might be recruiting some of Corbin's dual athletes starting tomorrow! He has been a winner at every school he's coached at!
That might be relevant if there were more than one two sport athlete on the basketball team at Corbin. There is literally only one basketball player who plays football. He is a stud, but I don't think he is going anywhere.
COACHITALL Wrote:The announcement of Frankie Smith as the new HC at Bell County in basketball has to scare the Corbin fan base some what. Frankie might be recruiting some of Corbin's dual athletes starting tomorrow! He has been a winner at every school he's coached at!

The recruiting/cheating across the state needs to be investigated.
This is a football thread, but I'd also put Tony Pietrowski up against any basketball coach in the 13th region. Imho he is easily the best.
pjdoug Wrote:The recruiting/cheating across the state needs to be investigated.

I agree shall we start with NL I have seen the text
I've seen the text also, but didn't help because both kids were ruled eligible.
Corbin 2 North 0
I'm sorry one came from South
The ruling is on KHSAA
Bobcat4years Wrote:The ruling is on KHSAA
Would you mind posting the link? I've searched and can't find anything, but I am also technologically challenged.
Bobcat4years Wrote:I've seen the text also, but didn't help because both kids were ruled eligible.
Corbin 2 North 0
I'm sorry one came from South

:lame: I was referring to North's recruitment of Clay Co players, say what you want there were no text messages involved in the case of the kid who just moved from North. Parents have split period just because one still lives in London doesn't mean you can bully a kid and make him stay were he don't want to be let it go already!!
Is Rice eligible?
The Outsider Wrote:Is Rice eligible?

Unless Ive been told wrong his paperwork was just submitted recently probably not had time to get a ruling just yet, but he's a county kid shouldn't be any issues.
chs crazy Wrote:I agree shall we start with NL I have seen the text

Sure. That is a good a place as any to start Smile
Bobcat4years Wrote:The ruling is on KHSAA

is that about the same thing as NCAA ?
Pretty sure Rice is already cleared.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Pretty sure Rice is already cleared.

He has gotten cleared everywhere he has transferred in his high school career so no reason to think he wont be cleared in Corbin
bigscreen Wrote:He has gotten cleared everywhere he has transferred in his high school career so no reason to think he wont be cleared in Corbin

define everywhere :biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next