•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
ArJay Wrote:As long as Greer and Mills run that defense they will be stingy on that side of the ball.

Felt those guys did an outstanding job this season, excited to see what they do in 2017.
Greer is great defensively. Very strategic and very methodical.
Who is going to be running the ball alongside Sizemore?

Move Estep and lose probably your best returning receiver but get a known commodity with the ball in his hands that fits the mold of what Corbin likes in this Offense?

Or keep Estep as the "go to" guy in the passing game and find a young guy that is a little green and try to develop him?

With Estep at HB I don't think you see any drop off from French and Jewell, but you now have basically Caleb Mitchell as your only known commodity to throw to downfield.

Leave Estep and you have an excellent pair of WR's but a gigantic question mark in the run game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who is going to be running the ball alongside Sizemore?

Move Estep and lose probably your best returning receiver but get a known commodity with the ball in his hands that fits the mold of what Corbin likes in this Offense?

Or keep Estep as the "go to" guy in the passing game and find a young guy that is a little green and try to develop him?

With Estep at HB I don't think you see any drop off from French and Jewell, but you now have basically Caleb Mitchell as your only known commodity to throw to downfield.

Leave Estep and you have an excellent pair of WR's but a gigantic question mark in the run game.

EKUAlum you are spot on in your post, two kids will fill these voids. Juniors to be Cameron Maguet (lord I hope I spelled that right) will be in the backfield, and Cameron Barton will be one of the go to receivers. The other receivers will be Estep, Mitchell, Gossien and Sams.
What about Keith? He looked like he had some potential last year when he got to play.
I think Keith will be the other back on offense. He and maguet will be a tough tandem to slow down. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Fox step in and contribute at receiver.
When will Corbin's video scoreboard be installed?
Need pressbox,
Curious if the football field will be the next big project for Corbin after the middle school is done. They've pretty much upgraded everything else.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Curious if the football field will be the next big project for Corbin after the middle school is done. They've pretty much upgraded everything else.

It will happen only if someone else pays for it, much like the new scoreboards.
How come Corbin doesn't play North Laurel? Two great young coaches, great offensive minds. Would b a packed house. Maybe in Corbin's Bowl next year. Bury the hatchets, play each other.
BIG TONY Wrote:How come Corbin doesn't play North Laurel? Two great young coaches, great offensive minds. Would b a packed house. Maybe in Corbin's Bowl next year. Bury the hatchets, play each other.

Because if they did the kids wouldn't know what team they were supposed to play for, and get confused.

...im sorry I couldnt resist. It is softball season, it was there, I had to swing.
Funny. Sad. I'd like to know the truth. Funny though.

...im sorry I couldnt resist. It is softball season, it was there, I had to swing.[/QUOTE]
Is it official that Corbin is getting a new scoreboard with video screen? If so, that will be a great addition. Plus, the old scoreboard with the 5 title years and the question mark needs to go. I'm convinced that the "?" is a curse.

Denes Stadium is definitely in need of a major upgrade. Field wise, it is beautiful as they do a great job with the upkeep. I also love the old rock bleachers, but they are severely deteriorating. I would love to see them add a new set of metal bleachers along the side with some chairbacks in the middle similar to Harlan County. You could also build a lockeroom in the grassy area in the post office endzone.

You could split it up with both lockerooms under one roof, or add a new visitor lockeroom/restroom on that side of the field too. The home bathrooms are in need of an upgrade too. The stalls don't even half door locks.
HAROLD Wrote:Is it official that Corbin is getting a new scoreboard with video screen? If so, that will be a great addition. Plus, the old scoreboard with the 5 title years and the question mark needs to go. I'm convinced that the "?" is a curse.

Denes Stadium is definitely in need of a major upgrade. Field wise, it is beautiful as they do a great job with the upkeep. I also love the old rock bleachers, but they are severely deteriorating. I would love to see them add a new set of metal bleachers along the side with some chairbacks in the middle similar to Harlan County. You could also build a lockeroom in the grassy area in the post office endzone.

You could split it up with both lockerooms under one roof, or add a new visitor lockeroom/restroom on that side of the field too. The home bathrooms are in need of an upgrade too. The stalls don't even half door locks.

Getting one for the football field and another one for Gilliam Gymnasium.
BIG TONY Wrote:How come Corbin doesn't play North Laurel? Two great young coaches, great offensive minds. Would b a packed house. Maybe in Corbin's Bowl next year. Bury the hatchets, play each other.
Confusedtare:
One thing that has been discussed very little is Corbin impending move to 4A in the next couple of years.

If im looking at the numbers right, and correct me if im wrong, It will definitely happen. Theyre already bigger than Bell, Rock, Knox, and have almost 300 more kids than Belfry at this point. Even larger than a few schools playing in 5A.
The growth rate has been incredible so far.

As of last years enrollment numbers, Corbin had 927 kids, and Whitley had 1,085

Just a few years ago Whitley had almost 1300 to Corbins 700.
Looks like the new elementary school is paying off
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:One thing that has been discussed very little is Corbin impending move to 4A in the next couple of years.

If im looking at the numbers right, and correct me if im wrong, It will definitely happen. Theyre already bigger than Bell, Rock, Knox, and have almost 300 more kids than Belfry at this point. Even larger than a few schools playing in 5A.
The growth rate has been incredible so far.

As of last years enrollment numbers, Corbin had 927 kids, and Whitley had 1,085

Just a few years ago Whitley had almost 1300 to Corbins 700.
Looks like the new elementary school is paying off

Could Whitley be a 4a school now
North Laurel will never play Corbin as long as Larkey is the coach and I'd hardly refer to that dust pile he runs as a great offense. Haddix on the other hand is an absolute magician with the ball.
diceman Wrote:Could Whitley be a 4a school now

Nope, they're not even close, however, just a few years ago Whitley had more kids than south.
Corbin will definitely be 4A come 2019 in the next realignment.
Most likely in a district with Knox, Clay, Rock, and or Perry Central if perry decides to play in the class they're suppose to.
Won't really be a case for geography anymore I wouldn't think.
Since North has been brought up in this thread, it's worth nothing they actually have 6A numbers but some NKY schools play up to 6A for close district games knocking North back down.
If the KHSAA ever forced teams to play in the class there numbers put them in, North would have to travel to Madison Central, GRC, etc. For district games. That seems like a long haul, but that's the same district they were in when there was only 4 classes albeit south and Whitley were both in that district as well.
After catching the last spring practice yesterday, the 2017 version of the hounds look extremely athletic. Considering that a bunch of the kids who started last season were not practicing, the future looks bright! Can't wait till august!!
they're not even close, however, just a few years ago Whitley had more kids than south.

I went back to 06-07 and Whitley never had more students than South.
How did meeting with KHSAA on the North/Corbin issue go? Did both parties show this time?
Interesting tidbit, former Whitley Co. basketball player Bayley Rice is back in the Corbin school system and is trying to become eligible to play FOOTBALL at Corbin. Curious to see how the KHSAA will rule on his eligibility.
I have no idea, I'm not a lawyer, school employee, KHSAA employee, or connected to the family. Anyone other than the people who fit into one of those categories doesn't know what is going on, and doesn't need to comment on it. What I DO know is that it is pretty low rent for an administration to try to keep a kid from playing when he moved.
Well by all means let's not discuss it since Corbin is involved. I do have a different perspective on situations like this and I can not speak for the administration at North, however , IMO schools and administrations do not proceed with things like this to punish the kid. They move forward because the other school has broken the recruiting rules in talking to kids when it comes to some of these transfers. The result may be a kid may not be eligible. That blame should fall on the receiving school if anyone has has talked to kid and parents. Like the rule or not is not the discussion. As long as it is in place it should be followed. That goes for us as well. I am not a fan of recruiting no matter who does It. JMO
AnswertheBell Wrote:How did meeting with KHSAA on the North/Corbin issue go? Did both parties show this time?

KHSAA was the one that didnt show last time.
And who is hurt when a kid is ruled ineligible? Is it the recieving school? Is it the school that the kid left from? Or is it the kid? The ONLY thing that is hurt is the kid. Motivations are of no concern. Corbin has had kids transfer OUT, and never argued about it because the only person hurt is the kid. That kid is not going to play for north next season, or ever, and nothing north can do will change that. That kid was not recruited, and no one from bum county is being recruited, even though you are trying everything you can to throw out accusations on here.

That being said, a PARENT'S motivation to move their kid may be purely sports related, if it is it's THEIR business. I don't know, and I don't care. The way I look at it, if a family is unhappy with the situation their in, and want to make a legitimate move to another situation then it's their decision. Like I said, I don't care if it's to or from Corbin. Or anywhere else for that matter. It's about the KIDS, if it's not about the KIDS then everyone involved needs to get out of working with KIDS! I look at Kyle wiltjer for an example. That kid was in a bad situation at U.K., he transferred and was able to shine at gonzaga. It was the best move for him, and I rooted for him to succeed. Although, if that kid does get eligible, and is able to contribute at Corbin next season, it says a lot about Larkey's ability to evaluate talent.

Speaking of recruiting, how long do you think it will take ole DUD to get the pipeline into Harrogate, Oneida, western Harlan county, eastern McCreary county, and Southern Knox county back up and running? Dudley used to have every player within a 20-30 mile radius of the school playing for him. But let's just forget about that. The argument could be made that "kids want to play for a great coach". That's true at Corbin too, just because our coach was born after world war 1 doesn't mean he isn't great.
Don't know, doesn't mean I like it. I stand by my statement. If Corbin talked to them it is their fault. Yes the kid gets hurt , life is not fair when adults mettle, who's to blame, Corbin. If they broke the rules. You better wake up if you truly think that Corbin has not spoken with the kid from Bell. Matter of fact they are not the only one. Are you saying Dudley does it, so it is OK for Corbin? I don't think it is Ok for anyone to do it. Not really following the reasoning. Sounds like your saying it is OK to recruit Corbin kids you will release them and not fight it? I am asking where do you stand on recruiting?
If a parent moves a kid for sports , that too is against the bylaws of the KHSAA handbook. So better have another explanation.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next