•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton headed back to the mountains!
Objective Wrote:Staff wasn't in place and still maybe up in the air. A few have accepted a position but still not enough to call it a staff

I would say the quality of ones who have accepted aren't much. Especially if they were on the staff last year.
I'm actually not going to try to stir the pot, but I've heard from some very reliable sources that Dudley actually has been also attempting to get Josh Jaggers as an asst. coach. I know Josh is an old school guy in his football philosophy, and there's no doubt that he has football in his DNA. I don't know the extent of their conversations, and it may just be wishful thinking or something less than an out-right offer. But, there is at least some level of interest.

I think Dudley is going to do everything he can to swing for the fences as he is trying to bring championships back to Log Mountain.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I'm actually not going to try to stir the pot, but I've heard from some very reliable sources that Dudley actually has been also attempting to get Josh Jaggers as an asst. coach. I know Josh is an old school guy in his football philosophy, and there's no doubt that he has football in his DNA. I don't know the extent of their conversations, and it may just be wishful thinking or something less than an out-right offer. But, there is at least some level of interest.

I think Dudley is going to do everything he can to swing for the fences as he is trying to bring championships back to Log Mountain.

I.........don't see that happening at all. As a matter of fact; I know it's not. Nothing against either. A lot of truth to the football in his blood thing and old school at that I reckon. But, no. I wouldn't bet the first dollar on Josh going to Bell County. They know one another; even coached against one another when Dudley was at Taylor and Josh was at LaRue....you don't see many wishbone shoot outs these days, but it was just that to go along with almost 1,000 yards of total offense between the two (pretty evenly distributed on that stat, as well). Josh's dad, Marty, and Dudley go way back.....same generation and "style". There is a connection there, but no......Josh isn't going to Bell County.

He still has it pretty good teaching in LaRue County and coaching over at John Hardin like he has the last couple of years.
I, for one, would love to see Josh and Duds work together. Maybe even make a documentary about that experience. I would pay good money to sit on my couch and watch those two interact.
blowitup Wrote:I, for one, would love to see Josh and Duds work together. Maybe even make a documentary about that experience. I would pay good money to sit on my couch and watch those two interact.

:biglmao:
Josh has coached at Log Mountain before, so there is that. In 2012 his LaRue County team came down there in the region semifinals after beating Corbin in the 1st round. It was a hell of a game until about 8-9 minutes left when turnovers and Bell being Bell just took over. 7-7 half; LaRue was even up 14-7 late into the 3rd quarter.

But, no....I can almost say with full certainty that's not happening. His world is up in CKY and Far WKY.....loves EKY; has some really good friends in the mountains.....even looked into a job or two the last few years, but no go on that reality show. lol
If the jaggers and hilton names were to combine, would this throw the earth off of its path, melting us all?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I would say the quality of ones who have accepted aren't much. Especially if they were on the staff last year.

I would say that last years assisantants aren't in the hunt. All assisantants will be former players or coaches under Dudley
Objective Wrote:I would say that last years assisantants aren't in the hunt. All assisantants will be former players or coaches under Dudley

Can you give some clarification to this? Because I'm wondering if that's a loyalty issue, a trust issue or is it simply a familiarity issue?

Or, I guess in a more negative light, is he surrounding himself with yes men?
Objective Wrote:I would say that last years assisantants aren't in the hunt. All assisantants will be former players or coaches under Dudley

Like who? Not many of those guys have a high regard for him. At least the ones I know. With no jobs available this looks more and more like a money grab. Has the pop train started yet? How about the tshirts? These are not shots at him but known facts.

Anyone know the schedule? I was told Bell plays us in the bowl at corbin.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Can you give some clarification to this? Because I'm wondering if that's a loyalty issue, a trust issue or is it simply a familiarity issue?

Or, I guess in a more negative light, is he surrounding himself with yes men?

No just people who know his style and system
Rommel Wrote:Like who? Not many of those guys have a high regard for him. At least the ones I know. With no jobs available this looks more and more like a money grab. Has the pop train started yet? How about the tshirts? These are not shots at him but known facts.

Not completely sure yet until then I'm not a hear say person.

Pop training that's funny. What's so bad about a guy providing drinks and making a profit that's called captilism and perfectly legal.

Who is US ?
Rommel Wrote:Like who? Not many of those guys have a high regard for him. At least the ones I know. With no jobs available this looks more and more like a money grab. Has the pop train started yet? How about the tshirts? These are not shots at him but known facts.

Last I heard Corbin's pigskin consisted of Knoxville catholic vs Knox Central and Alcoa vs Corbin. I may be wrong though.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Last I heard Corbin's pigskin consisted of Knoxville catholic vs Knox Central and Alcoa vs Corbin. I may be wrong though.

Definitely to lopsided games
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Definitely to lopsided games

Two*
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Last I heard Corbin's pigskin consisted of Knoxville catholic vs Knox Central and Alcoa vs Corbin. I may be wrong though.

WOW.

That would be a good gauge for Corbin right out of the gate.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WOW.

That would be a good gauge for Corbin right out of the gate.

I agree, I'm pretty excited about it!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree, I'm pretty excited about it!

Alcoa will be the best team Corbin has ever played.
I agree, just like they are the best team bell county has ever played.
I was at the game when Alcoa played bell county. When was that? Around 2007 or 2008?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I was at the game when Alcoa played bell county. When was that? Around 2007 or 2008?

2009 the year after they won the title.

Alcoa won 42-14
That was their first game that year.
They did not lose again until the state semis against Boyle 13-10

Finished 12-2 on the year
Wow anything on staff yet at bell county
Yeah, I remembered the score. That last to bell scored was late against possible reserves. Bell had a really good team that season too. I remember bell broke a big run for about 80 yards and went up 7-0 I think. It was a great display of football. Alcoa is just on another level than most in kentucky. I'm still really excited as is everyone else.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Two*

Sorry that would be TWO butt kicking's
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yeah, I remembered the score. That last to bell scored was late against possible reserves. Bell had a really good team that season too. I remember bell broke a big run for about 80 yards and went up 7-0 I think. It was a great display of football. Alcoa is just on another level than most in kentucky. I'm still really excited as is everyone else.

Alcoa was really good that year. A lot of people forget that theyre not a big 6A school like Maryville. They only have around 500 kids enrolled on average but would dominate most classes in KY every single year.

That 2009 team was 15-0 and was ranked 2nd overall in TN regardless of class.
They are also able to pick their players from the most talented area of Knoxville. Their biggest rival is Maryville who is a 6a power in TN. Alcoa wins their fair share in the yearly rivalry.

As for pirate fan, those two teams would give the pirates a butt whipping too. Can't wait to watch the game when you all don't have 4 D1 O-linemen. You were unbeatable in 3a for the last two years, that's over now.
Objective Wrote:Not completely sure yet until then I'm not a hear say person.

Pop training that's funny. What's so bad about a guy providing drinks and making a profit that's called captilism and perfectly legal.

Who is US ?

Should he be selling pop to students that was given to him for the players? Don't think that is capitalism?
Dudley is in it for the pay check. Bell County is dried up, 1,200 kids to 700. They were awful last year AND they lost they talent they had. Justin Haddix and Philip Haywood will expose the DuD. In a school system that is declining and laying teachers off, when the public understands what the DuD, his wife, and the former head coach, now assistant, are being paid $$$$, that 4-6 season is really going to hurt. You can't purchase success Bell County, your time is well up.
ArchieAdams Wrote:Should he be selling pop to students that was given to him for the players? Don't think that is capitalism?

That's called stealing where I'm from.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Alcoa will be the best team Corbin has ever played.

not.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next