Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central at Breathitt County 3/1
8 PM
Breathitt County High School

The Bobcats and Commodores went toe-to-toe a week or so ago with the Commodores edging the Bobcats 66-57, in a game that Breathitt had Perry Central down double digits. The Commodores, the favorite to win region, have been on a tear lately, on an 8 game win streak.

The Bobcats have won 3 of their last 4 games and they usually play good on their own home court.

Who takes this one?
Perry will be the favorite, but I feel some home cooking coming on. The Bobcats will have confidence knowing they played well against PCC the firs time around. I will go out on a limb and predict the upset. Bobcats by 3
Perry should win, nothing would surprise me.
jumpshooter Wrote:Perry will be the favorite, but I feel some home cooking coming on. The Bobcats will have confidence knowing they played well against PCC the firs time around. I will go out on a limb and predict the upset. Bobcats by 3
Perry suppose to find out wendsday if the Big boys can play. The judge is suppose to make a ruling. If the Big boys don't play ? I'd say Breathitt will be the favorite. Will be very interesting.
If the Bigs aren't allowed to play this could turn out to be the most wide open regional tournament in history. Don't have much faith in the court system though.
I think Breathitt was playing better before Lyttle came back for them. He is a good player, but think he rocked the boat a little bit and messed up some good chemistry that they had going before the District Tournament. Again, I'm not downing anyone, just saying I felt they were clicking pretty good, and with the addition, just might take a little bit longer to start clicking again. Good luck to them against the Commodores.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I think Breathitt was playing better before Lyttle came back for them. He is a good player, but think he rocked the boat a little bit and messed up some good chemistry that they had going before the District Tournament. Again, I'm not downing anyone, just saying I felt they were clicking pretty good, and with the addition, just might take a little bit longer to start clicking again. Good luck to them against the Commodores.

You are exactly right! Breathitt was not the same team Friday night and will not be come Region due to what you stated, if Amis doesn't do what's best for his team and not individuals . Sometimes coaches have to make hard decisions and sometimes set some of the older players some if it's what's best for his team.
postman Wrote:Perry suppose to find out wendsday if the Big boys can play. The judge is suppose to make a ruling. If the Big boys don't play ? I'd say Breathitt will be the favorite. Will be very interesting.

I don't know where you are hearing that. The case is not scheduled at all on the docket.
Jimmer Wrote:You are exactly right! Breathitt was not the same team Friday night and will not be come Region due to what you stated, if Amis doesn't do what's best for his team and not individuals . Sometimes coaches have to make hard decisions and sometimes set some of the older players some if it's what's best for his team.

I remember Charles Barkley speaking from his infinite wisdom once about this subject.

He said, "Dance with the girl that took you to prom."

This was in reference to Duke playing Kyrie Irving after he was out most of the season with an injury.
Breathitt will be hard to beat at the Coliseum. Commodores had better be ready or it could be a sad trip home Wednesday night. The truth is out there. Brother Cecil.
15th region officials are calling so Breathitt will have every chance to win. if the game is called down the middle perry by 15 but I know it wont be. mark my words, I will bet one of the officials at the perry game will be a pudgy, baldind man and he will make most of the bad calls
Love how the Perry fans are already making excuses in case they don't win. Lol I guess Buckhorn cheated you guys out of it last year. If you lose you lose it can happen doesn't always mean you got cheated.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Love how the Perry fans are already making excuses in case they don't win. Lol I guess Buckhorn cheated you guys out of it last year. If you lose you lose it can happen doesn't always mean you got cheated.

You seem to have us confused with hazard. Their motto is not defeated just cheated
The bottom line guys is that PCC is 15-20 points better than anyone in the region. Of course they could have a bad game. They had a horrible game and beat Breathitt by 9. If they lose three players to foul trouble, no problem, they are ten deep.
If they was so deep why did they need to bring in a big transfers? Lol
Perry by 20 they are the best team with the most talent
Perry 65 Breathitt 57. In a close game. The home team will make a game of it
[quote=Paparazzi]The bottom line guys is that PCC is 15-20 points better than anyone in the region. Of course they could have a bad game. They had a horrible game and beat Breathitt by 9. If they lose three players to foul trouble, no problem, they are ten deep

They were last year also and chocked so you can not say they going to play in Rupp, there more liable to get beat this year than last year to me. No Givens here. Rating mean nothing!
I didn't say it was a given hoghead I just said they better. And they are a lot better than last year and a lot deep.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:If they was so deep why did they need to bring in a big transfers? Lol

a school cant help who enrolls in their school. I guess all of the other teams in the region wouldn't have let them play. lol
as far as the refs go, no regions refs should be able to call games that their region is going to play in the state tournament
PCC should win easily if they play with urgency. But if they play with a sense of entitlement as last year's team did against Buckhorn, they will struggle to make it to Rupp. Overall, they are the favorites imo.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Coaches coach, players play and refs decide who wins ballgames