Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County 71 Lee County 68
Final from Estill in OT.
Big win for Owsley.
Gibson with like 44 points tonight...Only missed 1 FT...
Owsley was 28/39 from the Charity stripe
Tremendous game by Owsley, struggled late in 4th and let lee back in it but other than that they controlled entire game. Young girls showed a lot of poise in overtime after Owsleys sophomore guard fouled out. Gibson absolutely went off. Have been saying that this team was getting better everyday, maybe some of the naysayers will "eat some fried crow" I believe is how they put it.
Congrats Owsley!!!
Congrats to the Lady Owls
Gibson is a baller, said it all year.. congrats..
Big upset. Congrats to yhe owls
Young owls seem to be playing their best ball when it counts. Both teams played well but Owsley controlled game from the start. Gibson was an absolute beast last night with 40 and 20. Made all her free throws and took over game down the stretch. Owsley's eighth graders are coming into their own. Murray and Lynch combined for 20 points. Owsley also got good minutes from another eighth grader Johnson off the bench.
Congratulations to the Lady Owls and good luck in championship.
Congrats Owls sounds like it was a great tourney game
That is why they play the games on the floor instead of on paper! Owls with no wins in the district all year, but get the one that counts. On to the Regional Tourney, Congrats!
Boogie Wrote:Tremendous game by Owsley, struggled late in 4th and let lee back in it but other than that they controlled entire game. Young girls showed a lot of poise in overtime after Owsleys sophomore guard fouled out. Gibson absolutely went off. Have been saying that this team was getting better everyday, maybe some of the naysayers will "eat some fried crow" I believe is how they put it.
what did the coach do? Put her in the lane which should have been the whole year! I figured he was trying help with her college offers ,so she played a lot on the outside the two games I seen her! Yes she is the real deal! An the only player that I see now that has a chance to play div 1!
^^ Proffitt already has D-1 offers.
hillbilly cat Wrote:what did the coach do? Put her in the lane which should have been the whole year! I figured he was trying help with her college offers ,so she played a lot on the outside the two games I seen her! Yes she is the real deal! An the only player that I see now that has a chance to play div 1!

I think its a combination of several things, young girls starting to find rhythm and I think Owsley has really just grown as a team. Early on not sure anyone had an identity but I think now every girl has figured out what their role is. As for Gibson she is getting more touches in the paint and playing more of a post oriented game now which like you said has really helped things along.
She played inside more and hit the boards hard. No over the back calls the entire game.
Happens every year. A team we are all picking to go on goes home. It's why we call it the second season no matter how you've played everybody starts the tournament equal