Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2 The Piarist School 0 (Forfeit) 59th District Tournament
Pikeville advances to the 15th regional tournament with a 2-0 Forfeit over The Piarist School. The Piarist School is 1-25 on the season.

The Piarist school WILL NOT compete in the 59th District or the 15th Region tournaments.... but they will get a 1/4 share of the revenue of the 59th District tournament proceeds. They will also get a 1/16 share of the 15th Region tournament proceeds.

This is exactly why the 15th region decided to change the format to a Super Regional.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
How do they get a share of something they didn't participate in?
Snow Wrote:How do they get a share of something they didn't participate in?

i was wondering the same thing. Does the other teams that get beat out in district get 1/16th of the regional Tournament as well?
Yes.
They get 1/4 of the 59th District tournament proceeds and 1/16 of the 15th region tournament proceeds..... ALL WITHOUT EVEN COMPETING IN EITHER TOURNAMENT.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes.
They get 1/4 of the 59th District tournament proceeds and 1/16 of the 15th region tournament proceeds..... ALL WITHOUT EVEN COMPETING IN EITHER TOURNAMENT.

Wow. That is unreal. Not trying to be mean but If you forfiet then you shouldn't get something you didn't help with. By them forfeiting the took money out of the pool to start with.
The Piarist school has never beat a 15th Region team.
I agree. If they don't participate they shouldn't get anything.
Aaaannnnd...a Pike Co school gets a free trip to Region. So what's new?
that's a head scratcher for sure..Why forfeit/ at least show up and have some fun with a game
Blacksmith Wrote:that's a head scratcher for sure..Why forfeit/ at least show up and have some fun with a game

I heard that Piarist had a trip planned. They acted pretty serious but idk. Don't know why they would plan a trip on that date if you know that's when the postseason started.
Isn't there a khsaa penalty for forfeiting postseason games?
Gsjhe Wrote:I heard that Piarist had a trip planned. They acted pretty serious but idk. Don't know why they would plan a trip on that date if you know that's when the postseason started.

Take your lump's and then head off on your trip!
I agree. I'm not in anyway defending them. Which like I said idk if it's true. But the person who told me was pretty serious about it when I laughed at the statement. So I wouldn't doubt if it's true.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:[Image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/zqdAHh...gtb-g=w300]

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...Qk7cEgk6sQ]

Truly not?
Nice game plan for the Knights
Surprised this game was this close
The trip I was talking about I heard they had planned.. yeah it was a skiing trip lol.
Must've been some good defense
K40 Wrote:Must've been some good defense

Defensive battle
I thought you had to pay the other school a certain amount if you forfeit a game?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I thought you had to pay the other school a certain amount if you forfeit a game?

If a team doesn't participate in post season, I'm fairly certain they ineligible for post season the next 2 years
[quote=Conductor]If a team doesn't participate in post season, I'm fairly certain they ineligible for post season the next 2 years[/QUOTE

I think your right. If true then someone is getting a bye next year in the Super Regional as well.
Piarist asked Pikeville to play Monday. Pikeville refused and took a forfeit.
Why wouldn't Pikeville play on Monday?
Be nice to have piarist in your district, guaranteed win to go to expo
This is why ALL district tournaments should be done away with and all 16 regions use a 'super regional'. What a joke! Why play the regular season only to forfeit in the postseason AND GET PAID in the end? Nice message that sends...
Wow that gives Pikeville 4 of their 18 wins over Piarist....
Conductor Wrote:If a team doesn't participate in post season, I'm fairly certain they ineligible for post season the next 2 years

If a school withdraws from a district, region or state tournament
at any time following the draw for district tournament positions
or after the pairings have been determined in a seeded district,
that school shall be penalized in accordance with Bylaw 27.

Excerpt from Bylaw 27:
b) FORFEIT
(1) The forfeit of contests or meets may be included in penalties
assessed for violation of Association rules.

Pretty vague in terms of what penalty can be assessed. There are no specific penalties listed as punishment or fines.
BlueSky Wrote:Wow that gives Pikeville 4 of their 18 wins over Piarist....

And 2 over SV ..not sure which game was tougher