Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 week to go, 15th Region Rankings
I believe this is the closest teams 1-6 have been in sometime. That being said, my rankings for now will be posted on record alone (via KHSAA).

1. Johnson Central
2. Lawrence County
3. Sheldon Clark
4. East Ridge
5. Pikeville
6. Magoffin County
7. South Floyd
8. Shelby Valley
9. Pike County Central
10. Allen Central
11. Belfry
12. Phelps
13. Paintsville
14. Prestonsburg
15. Betsy Layne
16. Piarist School

Personally, I would move LC down at least one spot, SC up one and MC up three. My top 6 would be (1. JC, 2. SC, 3. MC, 4. LC, 5. ER, 6. Pikeville). This will be the contenders IMO.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I believe this is the closest teams 1-6 have been in sometime. That being said, my rankings for now will be posted on record alone (via KHSAA).

1. Johnson Central
2. Lawrence County
3. Sheldon Clark
4. East Ridge
5. Pikeville
6. Magoffin County
7. South Floyd
8. Shelby Valley
9. Pike County Central
10. Allen Central
11. Belfry
12. Phelps
13. Paintsville
14. Prestonsburg
15. Betsy Layne
16. Piarist School

Personally, I would move LC down at least one spot, SC up one and MC up three. My top 6 would be (1. JC, 2. SC, 3. MC, 4. LC, 5. ER, 6. Pikeville). This will be the contenders IMO.

There are six teams that can win the region. Nothing more and nothing less.
1. Pikeville (and I was not high on them at the start of the yr)
2. JC (As long as Tommy McKenzie is in town his team is gonna be in the race)
3. Magoffin (Preseason pick)
4. Sheldon Clark (If they are hot, nobody will beat them)
5.East Ridge (won the All A, have proven they can win)
6. Belfry (Record hurts them, played a very hard schedule. They have the pieces)
Hard to rank teams based on records. Belfry has battled some injuries during the bulk of the schedule. We play a tough schedule and can/have played with the "best" teams in this region and will there come post season.
It is hard. That is why I said, due to the tightness at the top of the region, I was just posting rankings by record to get the input of others.
Just in the past week it's proven the region is wide open.
Prestonsburg has beaten South Floyd, South Floyd has beaten Magoffin, Magoffin has beaten Johnson Central. Sheldon Clark has beaten and been beaten by both Magoffin and Johnson Central.

District Representatives
Johnson Central & Sheldon Clark
South Floyd & Allen Central
Lawrence Co & Belfry
East Ridge & Pikeville

My opinion the semi finals of the region will be JC, Pikeville, SC and Belfry.

SHELDON CLARK Represents the 15th Region in Rupp Arena.
Pike Central handled belfry @ belfry, without players like Brady Adkins or new 6'7" guard Levard Missick Jr (LJay). Wait and see...
Rivals Wrote:Pike Central handled belfry @ belfry, without players like Brady Adkins or new 6'7" guard Levard Missick Jr (LJay). Wait and see...

We will see, remember we played with one out and one played hurt and handled you at your place. We don't use the recruit transfers.
Obviously, you use the entire budget on recruiting in football out of West Virginia, so no room for basketball. It costs a lot to put all those players up in those apartments.
No, I'm not sure if Danny played but Brady Adkins is a sophomore who had 34 in his last varsity game this year (10 3's) before breaking his wrist, should be back around districts
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Didn't Roblee play at Pike Central last year, so don't go off about getting transfers your football team is proof that Belfry recruits every year. They get the best players that's not from Belfry...

He lives in Belfry 😂😂 even lived in belfry when he went to PC. I respect PC though, I have some ties there. I just love good basketball, as I'm sure you do as well!
1 SC
2 Mag Co
3 JC
4 Lawrence
5 Pikeville
6 South Floyd
7 ER
8 Belfry
9 Paintsville
10 PCC

57Th will represent 15th at Rupp
Outside of Johnson Central....this region is horrible.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Outside of Johnson Central....this region is horrible.

They are still beatable by anybody has to the first time I can remember that the 15th could be won by at least 10 teams and their isn't a clear cut favorite..
JC , Magoffin Co , Sheldon Clark , Pikeville this is the top teams in the 15th and any team could beat the other and after that it's a toss up any team could beat the other
I'll take a crack at it, but this season is hard to predict.

#1 Tie Johnson Central (13-2 in region)/ Pikeville (12-1 in region)
#3 Tie Sheldon Clark (9-3 in region)/ Magoffin Co. (13-5 in region)
(Only 3 of these top 4 get to make the region)

#5 Lawrence Co.
#6 South Floyd
#7 Belfry
#8 Shelby Valley
#9 East Ridge
#10 Pike Central
#11 Paintsville

The rest can fight it out for #12
[quote=99PIRATEFAN]Hey again I'm tired of a-- holes like you runnning your mouths Roblee left Belfry and ended up coming back I don't guess he like it over there so get your facts right message me and maybe we can get together and I can explain it to you douch bag[/QUOTE

fact is that he has attended 2 different schools in 2 yrs, doesn't sound to stable to me and I'm not going to resort myself to name calling like you have, so grow up...
1 Johnson Central
2 Sheldon Clark
3 Pikeville
4 Lawrence Co
5 Magoffin Co
6 Pike Central
7 South Floyd
8 East Ridge
9 Shelby Valley
10 Belfry
Rivals Wrote:Pike Central handled belfry @ belfry, without players like Brady Adkins or new 6'7" guard Levard Missick Jr (LJay). Wait and see...

Pike central is trying to become the new Perrules Central... Only a matter of time before it backfires.
Bringing in Missick with a month left in the season. Desperation at its finest. Ole Dave Clevenger will have to build another room on the house soon!
KingGotNext Wrote:Pike central is trying to become the new Perrules Central... Only a matter of time before it backfires.
Bringing in Missick with a month left in the season. Desperation at its finest. Ole Dave Clevenger will have to build another room on the house soon!

Hasn't backfired on Belfry's football program and they have recruited for years...
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Hasn't backfired on Belfry's football program and they have recruited for years...

Belfry is literally 2 minutes from the WV border, and is the nearest High school for students living in parts of Williamson area, no one wants to drive 50 minutes to an hour to school so when the consolidated the schools to form Mingo Central the students decided to go to Belfry instead of making the long (unnecessary) haul to Mingo central. Belfry doesn't recruit or bring in players from other states, etc.
John Central got a scare by Ashland today. They won it in the fourth quarter on Ashland turnovers and missed free throws by Ashland. Not to take anything away from them. They have a couple of really good players.
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Hasn't backfired on Belfry's football program and they have recruited for years...

This isn't the football field big guy. I don't know anything about Belfry or their football program, I'm from Pburg. but it's obvious that PC is going to go down the same road it always does.

New coach must have done some studying on Perry when he coached in the 14th because he's sure bringing those recruits in left and right!! He needs to take a look at those who preceeded him and realize it won't end well.
belfrystat300 Wrote:Cole Bentley went to Belfry from middle school through and high school, and news flash, his brother Morgan, also did as well and he graduated in 2011. Where are you getting from Charleston and Wheeing? You're hilarious 😂. Move along, this is a basketball forum.

Denial is just beautiful huh
I hope you are right
Missick Jr looks like another swing and miss in the saga of PC athletics.

Pikeville beat them by 40 pts and the savior had 0 pts and 3 TO.
But to quote Rivals, wait and see lol.
Lol!!!!
Region Champ will come from Pikeville, Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark unless Magoffin Co. gets hot.
Guys, talk about recruiting all you want but please don't mention specific players BY NAME!!

Thank you.

Wink
The 57 district tournament will be the defacto 15th region championship.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The 57 district tournament will be the defacto 15th region championship.

When will the ping pong draw be to decide the seeds?