Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie vs Pcc 2/31
Many don't realize it but PCC's advantage is coach Napier. There's no doubt who runs the team the players know the parents know and the school knows. I can't help but feel sorry for coaches who have no control over what happens with their team. It's easy to say if I was coach I'd do things my way, but when your job is on the line it's different. No team can reach their potential without a solid leader.
sports fan00 Wrote:Kygamer you may be right on her reaching her full potential. I wouldn't even consider asking her dad to bring her here in this mess, Jeff already has too many parent/coaches helping him. That's probably why we have little to no chance winning the region. I've watched this season closely, missed very few games and I now see why so many parents stay upset. If I were her Parent, I'd look at PCC , Leslie or get the #$$%@ out of here.

[Image:

]

fan baby, itz all good. JPC says to let the plan unfold and enjoy the ride. Honeycutta has got some cupcakes coming up so all the little ones will be playing. Relax and hit the concessions like ole fatpat.

#jpclovesyoubrutha More mash taters please!!!
They lose 5 or 6 seniors so I think they will struggle next season.
Leslie
sports fan00 Wrote:Kygamer you may be right on her reaching her full potential. I wouldn't even consider asking her dad to bring her here in this mess, Jeff already has too many parent/coaches helping him. That's probably why we have little to no chance winning the region. I've watched this season closely, missed very few games and I now see why so many parents stay upset. If I were her Parent, I'd look at PCC , Leslie or get the #$$%@ out of here.

No, if it were my kid I'd stay at Hazard. Just step down from coaching. And would build a good team around her. Too much drama at KCC, apparently there's bad blood with PCC and if she did go there, she'd have to play a different position, and with Mullins at point for Leslie there may be drama to unfold there. She's a good player for sure, and hoping things work out for the kid in the future. But, I'd stay and would get girls ready to support her and Sturgill.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:No one will play Perry... Is Leslie really that scared to play a good team?

The girls go by the Cantrel ratings. Perry leads the region in that.
1. Perry
2. Leslie
3. Hazard
4. Buckhorn

how is it that PCC rank 1 and Leslie Co rank 2. with Leslie Co 18-4 (3 of there loses was before Christmas break.) PCC 15-3 (2 of there loses was in Jan.)
if all of these teams don't play each other, how can they seed them. because how would they know what team is rank with Hazard 2-1, Leslie Co. 2-1, PCC 1-0, and Buckhorn 0-3. and Hazard and Leslie Co play each other again. and PCC play Buckhorn again so with one team only playing the Bucking in did played. how can they put them at 1 or 2. because they wont know how PCC would do with Leslie Co or Hazard.
cj2561 Wrote:how is it that PCC rank 1 and Leslie Co rank 2. with Leslie Co 18-4 (3 of there loses was before Christmas break.) PCC 15-3 (2 of there loses was in Jan.)
if all of these teams don't play each other, how can they seed them. because how would they know what team is rank with Hazard 2-1, Leslie Co. 2-1, PCC 1-0, and Buckhorn 0-3. and Hazard and Leslie Co play each other again. and PCC play Buckhorn again so with one team only playing the Bucking in did played. how can they put them at 1 or 2. because they wont know how PCC would do with Leslie Co or Hazard.

Dave Cantrel has his system. He takes into consideration your level of competition, the scoring margin and how well you do against teams in your region. All of which Perry leads in. Perry has not lost a region game.
Dr basketball don't people realize by now the Cantrel rating system is as good as it gets! I watch letcher an knott play in a seeding system where they play 6 of there games usually against very weak teams! It's hurt your program to play that many games that are 75 -12!! You don't get any better playing those kind of games! An that is totally no disrespect to the other teams in that district! Just is what it is!!
I think the cantrel ratings has it a lot closer than what is really is! Pcc lost to two top mountain teams!! An the tenn team that beat them was better than both those teams!! The hazard loss at home by 10 is a bad loss period! Hazard has lost 9 or 10 games!!! The Harlan city team minus 3 starters out for the season ,they are a good team, but not to get beat by over 20!! It wasn't a bad loss but the margin of victory killed Leslie's chances for number one seed in the cantrel rankings! I still think my Bulldogs may upset Leslie or it will be very very close! I just don't think Leslie can out score Pcc if those guards are on there game!
Hazard tried to play pcc and they wouldn't. Don't know the reason but that's a fact. Would have helped both teams
hitter Wrote:Hazard tried to play pcc and they wouldn't. Don't know the reason but that's a fact. Would have helped both teams

I really doubt that lol
I'am convinced that Leslie dosen't want to play Hazard!! There is way way to much complaining about the seeding for the district!! Pcc doesn't care who they play!! Randy would say throw it up boys let's play!!!
kygamer Wrote:No, if it were my kid I'd stay at Hazard. Just step down from coaching. And would build a good team around her. Too much drama at KCC, apparently there's bad blood with PCC and if she did go there, she'd have to play a different position, and with Mullins at point for Leslie there may be drama to unfold there. She's a good player for sure, and hoping things work out for the kid in the future. But, I'd stay and would get girls ready to support her and Sturgill.

Don't look for her to be back at Hazard next year.
Passtheball Wrote:Don't look for her to be back at Hazard next year.

No I don't look for her to be back at Hazard either but I wouldn't move her if I were him. Unless it were to be out of the district. Also, where does that leave the rest of the kids that went there because she did? Lots of questions in the air. As usual with hs sports.