Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 59 Letcher Central 51
If a player gets to the goal and is contacted enough to alter their shot, it's a foul. If you don't know that you obviously fall into the category we are talking about. If a player is fouled 20 times it should be called. If the opposing coach has a problem with it, he should teach his team to stay in front of their girl and not allow them to get that deep. Playing up on Hall and Profitt is not a good coaching strategy because they will get by you and draw fouls (if they're called). If it's 47 times, doesn't matter... Needs to be called.
To get back to the game, Pollard made two big threes down the stretch to gain momentum and to allow the press to set up. Burris had big rebounds and batlled Maggard all night. Magggard kept Hall and Profit from getting to the rack with ease. Hall broke PCC's 1-3-1 down and scored off the wings. Profitt made big FT's down the stretch. PCC had fewer TOs than LCC which led to easy baskets. PCC did not shoot the ball well. Hall was 5 of 21. LCC outrebounded PCC but were not able to convert inside. Good game for both teams. Napier had more horses at the end.
[quote=UKisN1]Played College basketball. Refed high school basketball. Coached high school. Let's hear your resume since you know mine. i never played much , never did coach or ref or do "stats"
Thanks..
UKisN1 Wrote:To get back to the game, Pollard made two big threes down the stretch to gain momentum and to allow the press to set up. Burris had big rebounds and batlled Maggard all night. Magggard kept Hall and Profit from getting to the rack with ease. Hall broke PCC's 1-3-1 down and scored off the wings. Profitt made big FT's down the stretch. PCC had fewer TOs than LCC which led to easy baskets. PCC did not shoot the ball well. Hall was 5 of 21. LCC outrebounded PCC but were not able to convert inside. Good game for both teams. Napier had more horses at the end.

If Profitt were held with ease, how did she lead the game in scoring with 24 and put Letcher away in the end while only playing 3 quarters. Sounds like a delusional hater....
By listening to you most people would say you are from whitesburg but we know better
Not from Whitesburg..from Letcher County..not a hater ..a lover of basketball.. just discussing a game..Profitt and Hall usually get to the rack with ease..both are great FT shooters..just tough against a player of Maggard's size. Can we debate without losing our cool. It was a good game. Both teams took something from it. I think PCC's guards are the best in our region..not taking anything away from them.
Hope they get to play again in region. Neutral site = PCC by 25+
Me, too. Good luck to PCC and Coach Napier the rest of the year!
UKisN1 Wrote:Not from Whitesburg..from Letcher County..not a hater ..a lover of basketball.. just discussing a game..Profitt and Hall usually get to the rack with ease..both are great FT shooters..just tough against a player of Maggard's size. Can we debate without losing our cool. It was a good game. Both teams took something from it. I think PCC's guards are the best in our region..not taking anything away from them.

Clearly we can't..not discussing. You are saying that the fouls weren't the issue since it was OBVIOUS when Proffit was fouled with no calls. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...IF a ref can't be neutral then He or SHE should NOT be a ref...Dickie Adams or not...when. a girl is physically held then how can she score?? Typically she can't or in Proffits case the hard way... if pcc physically held Hall...they might have scored 10... it's funny how when the table is turned it doesn't work out so well.
Was just shooting straight from the beginning. One holler rat to another
No problem...enjoyed the discussion..until next time. Country mouse instead of rat. lol
Perry got out played 3 and a half quarters. Plain and simple. LCC had a 13 point lead and was cruising to the finish until Hall fouled out. Hall doesn't foul out, it's game over. LCC plays like that against anybody in the 14th, it's a close game for sure.
I don't care to say PCC has a better team this year than we do, but not so one sided that its impossible for us to beat them. I think there was some calls that went for us and against us. More often than not, in this game it was the no calls. That being said, if an offensive player is driving to the goal and the def is running beside her the def player has the right to continue in a straight line. If the offensive player jumps into the def and creates contact with the def even though she is moving, that doesn't justify a foul being called. If it did coaches would have their best ballhandlers run in to every def player who is moving.
Coaching lost the game for LCC
UKisN1 Wrote:No problem...enjoyed the discussion..until next time. Country mouse instead of rat. lol

I know it's hard to lose especially when the deck is stacked in your favor,just be honest with yourself and admit this was not a good called game. With all the rat remarks you would think you are from neon,but your basketball IQ tells me you are whitesburg through and through
smokey bear Wrote:I don't care to say PCC has a better team this year than we do, but not so one sided that its impossible for us to beat them. I think there was some calls that went for us and against us. More often than not, in this game it was the no calls. That being said, if an offensive player is driving to the goal and the def is running beside her the def player has the right to continue in a straight line. If the offensive player jumps into the def and creates contact with the def even though she is moving, that doesn't justify a foul being called. If it did coaches would have their best ballhandlers run in to every def player who is moving.

Agree completely... That wasn't the case though. The defense were allowed to lay on the offense and manipulate their driving lanes. Definition of a foul in the rule book.
Sitting here watching Carter drive and lunge into defense and get the call every time. Bet smoky don't have problem with that
The funny thing is Carter and Profitt play a lot alike but the LCC fans want the game to be called completely different depending on which one is playing. So funny
Yeah when the shoe is on the other foot it's different. Wonder what whitesburg through and through thinks about that , probably knott got the breaks lol
Funny how LCC gets beat by 2 of the rejects 2 nights in a row. Lindsey Proffit and Isaac Caudill
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Sitting here watching Carter drive and lunge into defense and get the call every time. Bet smoky don't have problem with that

I was at the game and carter drives to the basket every trip down and it's a foul lol but if the opponent does this no call . I'm sure they will be a explanation haha.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:I was at the game and carter drives to the basket every trip down and it's a foul lol but if the opponent does this no call . I'm sure they will be a explanation haha.

I'm still trying to figure out how they missed the 3 point shot by Couch .... TVS replay showed he was at least 18 inches behind line...
Lol yeah wonder how maybe because it was at letcher I agree no doubt it was a three
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Thacher and tommy hall , didn't know the other guy
Good ole Pie face Hall and Mario Thacker back together again trying to stick it to the Lady Dores for all those times they laid a whipping on those Lady Patriots. :lame:
I don't have a problem with a ref letting a hand check go if they let it go on both sides. As for the push in the back it should have been an intentional foul but if you go strictly by the book, when a coach yells out foul at the end of the game and a player fouls then that's an intentional foul. As long as it's called the same on both ends then I would be happy
Refs in the mountains especially in the 14th call the game according to where they are and also what the score is and that's wrong.
[Image: https://68.media.tumblr.com/5a9d13443a76...o1_500.gif] Bolz all Fatpat knows is Ladypats whooped on Letchy a sight brutha! Congrataters to Perry. Honeycutta planning something special for the Dores bruh! Genius! If ole Fatpats memory right baby, Pats won by more than 8 at the Burg! Honeycutta got the team rolling! CT and BoPo getting new designs right now baby for the trophy room! BoPo said we need more shelves baby! #tatertrainisridinghigh More mash taters please!!!
Funny how LCC didn't want profit but respects her so much they chased her all night every possession How funny
I'd love to know who said Letcher didn't want her. She went to Shelby Valley in middle school. Letcher never had a chance to get her.