Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 78 Jackson County 65
Congrats.
Closer than I figured. Is Jackson better than I thought, or is it just early for South? Maybe a combination?
Jackson is well coached and play hard. south has not found their identity yet playing without taylor and andrew. south basically played all of 2nd quarter with 4 starters on bench. grubb anders and feltner all had 2 fouls early in 2nd. ramey went out with wrist injury around then too. jv held their own till 2nd half could start. South was up 5 at half. south was up 19 to start 4th.
walterwhite Wrote:Closer than I figured. Is Jackson better than I thought, or is it just early for South? Maybe a combination?

Jackson is/will be better than almost all expected. Including myself. But South had 3 starters sitting most of the first half with foul trouble, and another go out majority of the 2nd period with a wrist injury, after getting under cut on a dunk attempt. Grubb started out really rusty, and missed 5-6 shots right at the rim. South is still trying to figure out the bench rotation, and what works and what doesn't.

But on a side note. What's up with the "point of emphasis" on touch foul, handchecking? I noticed that every game I read about, there was a boat load of touch fouls. These games will last 3 hours, and have no flow whatsoever if they keep it up. What's worse is, that they will let you kill each other down low, but you can't put a finger on someone out top. I just don't get it. 99% of high school refs (especially in the 13th.) need to just concentrate on getting calls right, and not trying to "focus" on one certain thing.
Was pretty evenly called game and business as usual in the 13th region 56 foul shots between both teams.......
When Grubb gets out of football mode he will be a force to handle
South Laurel can be a good team
South will have a big say in who wins the 13th