Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottie Russell has resigned as head football coach at Knox Central
Does a Knox parent have any insight. What did he do at practice or was he burnt out or did they just want a change in direction.
I don't think anyone has offered a legit reason.
I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the situation but If anyone thinks Elam is the answer to anything but mediocracy is mistaken!
Anybody been hearing or told any reliable news concerning who the coach be
diceman Wrote:Does a Knox parent have any insight. What did he do at practice or was he burnt out or did they just want a change in direction.
I don't think anyone has offered a legit reason.

Rumors are flying! I don't know anything, but I believe there isn't a legit reason. One thing I've heard is that the position was filled before Russell "resigned".

Who knows? Mountain politics sucks!
Oh ok Granny bear what the rumors going around down Knox county
Too many to list!

If I knew the truth, I would tell you. But I don't.
I don't know what the reason was for Russell resigning at Knox, but for you guys to sit here and bash coach Elam is beyond me. All y'all are hearing is rumors and you all are bashing the man for no reason! And you want to talk about coach Elam's coaching? Let's do that.. He took over a program at Pineville that may have been the worst in the State at the time. The 4 previous years before he arrived they had a combined record of 8-32! In his 10 years he changed the morale of not only the program but the entire community. Yeah he may of never made past the second round of the playoffs but try coaching a team that consists of 20-25 players year in and year out. And of those 20-25 players (9-12 grade) only about 12-15 of them can actually compete on Friday nights. Pineville is the 5th smallest school in the state that plays football.

Elam's record in 11 years: 57-65
If you ask me that is pretty respectable for what hand you're dealt with at Pineville. So enough is enough.
Write it down, Elam will be the next coach. Maybe Russell will join an all star staff to the north or take over a program to the south?
Where would Russell be coaching at next Campbell north and south where
Union College?
hchs fan Wrote:Where would Russell be coaching at next Campbell north and south where

I believe he meant russell could join the corbin staff(to the north) or become the bell county head coach(to the south). We has been an asst coach at both corbin and bell county in the past.
^^
Wouldn't blame him if he did
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
FootballFan6804 Wrote:I don't know what the reason was for Russell resigning at Knox, but for you guys to sit here and bash coach Elam is beyond me. All y'all are hearing is rumors and you all are bashing the man for no reason! And you want to talk about coach Elam's coaching? Let's do that.. He took over a program at Pineville that may have been the worst in the State at the time. The 4 previous years before he arrived they had a combined record of 8-32! In his 10 years he changed the morale of not only the program but the entire community. Yeah he may of never made past the second round of the playoffs but try coaching a team that consists of 20-25 players year in and year out. And of those 20-25 players (9-12 grade) only about 12-15 of them can actually compete on Friday nights. Pineville is the 5th smallest school in the state that plays football.

Elam's record in 11 years: 57-65
If you ask me that is pretty respectable for what hand you're dealt with at Pineville. So enough is enough.

Let me make something clear. It was not or ever been my intention to bash Elam's coaching. He is an excellent football coach and I respect him for that.
The Outsider Wrote:I believe he meant russell could join the corbin staff(to the north) or become the bell county head coach(to the south). We has been an asst coach at both corbin and bell county in the past.

Don't think he will ever make it back to those schools ever again.
Yes not bashing Elam at all. All I am saying is russell to Elam is a downgrade.
The program was lacking excitement and expectations. It seamed to lack a desire to to take it to the next level and a desire to dominate. It appeared too be satisfied with resting on just doing well in a district that had seen teams decline and rest on the decline of other teams rather than using that as a spring board to distance itself and become a dominant program. If you are not taking strides to spring forward you find yourself complacent which found them exiting early in the playoffs. It looks like a place with lots of talent which may have front runners in the coaching search but could result in top names as did our mighty hounds was able to assemble an all star staff heading to a possible state title run.
The same team beat the brakes off us at home was a non factor most of this year. Something has to change.
panther nation Wrote:If they think things will be better with Elam they are sadly wrong. What has he don't a Pineville? Not one dang thing worth talking about. But his daddy and the ABC daddy are big buddies so go figure.

Has Bart had the talent that Knox has? He just accomplished a home playoff game this year for one of the best groups to play at Pineville. Don't knock until you see what he can do.
bac2369 Wrote:Has Bart had the talent that Knox has? He just accomplished a home playoff game this year for one of the best groups to play at Pineville. Don't knock until you see what he can do.

That's not a great arguing point because talent increases in the majority of cases as school size increases. I would venture to say the majority of the teams that beat Bart while he was at pineville would not have beat Knox Central. There are obviously many exceptions to this. Belfry this year would be a really good team in all classes. I think it would be safe to say coach Russell would have had a better record against Pineville's schedule than his schedule at Knox most years if not all years.
The BIG question is:

What is the over and under on the number of pages that will be used in the coaching search for a new coach at Knox Central.

I will say this, it would appear that this is a firing, yes I know he resigned but even I knew what was coming a few weeks ago.

The two names I am hearing and the only two are Elam and Hoskins. Both have positive qualities and both have some luggage, but I think either would be alright.

If Knox Central admins screw this up the big winner could be Corbin, Lynn Camp and even Whitley County and the HUGE loser could be Knox Central in the form of kids choosing to take their talents elsewhere. I'm sure the recruiting coordinators are already working on their sales pitch!!! LOL
I think Elam is a good coach, he took a laughing stock and made them a respectable team. He is not a good fit for Knox Central though. Knox has big, strong, hard nosed kids. They're not an air it out team.
I don't know anything about Elam and haven't said a crossways word about him because I [U]don't know anything about him[/U]. What I HAVE said is in my opinion, Knox has canned a credible, trustworthy, dedicated and solidly established coach. I also said that I feel that this was a mistake and it will take five years to see if I'm wrong and I have to eat crow or if I can throw a big "Told you so!" down toward Knox County after all of Scotty's coached football players have moved on. As far as I'm concerned now, I'll just shrug my shoulders and be glad I don't have a kid entering the hornets nest that is going to be KCCHS football this next year. I'd be awfully disappointed as a parent that Coach Russell wasn't coaching there anymore, no matter what coach they move in at this point in time. You parents at Knox Central just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best for the unknown since the known was kicked to the curb.
Welcome to all you new moderated members or you old members with new names.
Elam is s good coach. Knox County screwed up firing another hood coach
papagrit Wrote:I don't know anything about Elam and haven't said a crossways word about him because I [U]don't know anything about him[/U]. What I HAVE said is in my opinion, Knox has canned a credible, trustworthy, dedicated and solidly established coach. I also said that I feel that this was a mistake and it will take five years to see if I'm wrong and I have to eat crow or if I can throw a big "Told you so!" down toward Knox County after all of Scotty's coached football players have moved on. As far as I'm concerned now, I'll just shrug my shoulders and be glad I don't have a kid entering the hornets nest that is going to be KCCHS football this next year. I'd be awfully disappointed as a parent that Coach Russell wasn't coaching there anymore, no matter what coach they move in at this point in time. You parents at Knox Central just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best for the unknown since the known was kicked to the curb.
Welcome to all you new moderated members or you old members with new names.

May want to ask someone close to the KC program to see if Russell was trustworthy, hard working and dedicated. You maybe surprised.

Elam managed to beat Jevkins to win that 1 playoff game with pineville's most talented team? Please hire him for our benefit.
Russell will land him a job somewhere soon I would like to wish him the best and will always support and back him where ever he coaches
Like I've said before this firing hiring is a good Ole boys BS. Bart is a good person yes, but not good enough coach for what KC fans have come to expect. He is a home grown therefore he will get special treatment for a while then when it don't workout as I expect it won't. Bart should remember how the powers to be at KC treated his brother when he was basketball coach. But he will soon find out he should have stayed where he was
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:The BIG question is:

What is the over and under on the number of pages that will be used in the coaching search for a new coach at Knox Central.

I will say this, it would appear that this is a firing, yes I know he resigned but even I knew what was coming a few weeks ago.

The two names I am hearing and the only two are Elam and Hoskins. Both have positive qualities and both have some luggage, but I think either would be alright.

If Knox Central admins screw this up the big winner could be Corbin, Lynn Camp and even Whitley County and the HUGE loser could be Knox Central in the form of kids choosing to take their talents elsewhere. I'm sure the recruiting coordinators are already working on their sales pitch!!! LOL
Heard did not resign by his own choice. It was either resign or be fired.
As far as screwing this up they already have. Neither Frazier or Elam are good fits for this program.

If I still had one playing at KC he would be going to another school for sure.

I can see this mess being just like Bell Co mess last year. So my advice to parents who have kids still playing thank Jeff Canady for putting the program back to irrelevant team again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Frazier has no interest, he likes Whitley and is happy. So no need to bring him in this, he isn't going anywhere.
Coaches that want this job do not need to bash coach Elam on here. It is not going to make you a better candidate. We know who you are, coach Elam is a great Coach and we are greatful he is our coach and would not want no one else. So let it go and try to get the job on your merits and not bashing Coach Elam!!
AnswertheBell Wrote:Frazier has no interest, he likes Whitley and is happy. So no need to bring him in this, he isn't going anywhere.

My mistake I mean Hoskins not Frazier. Had my head up my arse for just a min there...:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!