Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 41 Whitley County 28
Final
Final from Williamsburg!

Maroons improve to 10-2 and move on to the crosstown showdown with Southwestern for the Region Championship!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This one was tied at 28 with around 8 minutes to go before PC went on top for good. Whitley never led.

Whitley has pulled off big time pass plays at different points in the season but when they are forced to pass, it just doesn't seem to work well.
Whitley will lose some good seniors, around 15 or 16 all together but return over 20 seniors next years. Hopefully some of these younger kids are ready to go and will step up to the challenge next year. They'll need to improve if they want to continue winning districts.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This one was tied at 28 with around 8 minutes to go before PC went on top for good. Whitley never led.

Whitley has pulled off big time pass plays at different points in the season but when they are forced to pass, it just doesn't seem to work well.
Whitley will lose some good seniors, around 15 or 16 all together but return over 20 seniors next years. Hopefully some of these younger kids are ready to go and will step up to the challenge next year. They'll need to improve if they want to continue winning districts.

Whitley County moved forward this season. I'm proud of them.
Quite the exciting game through the first three quarters. A lot of quick scores. Pulaski's defense finally wakes up and plays decent in the 4th quarter. The Maroons defense will need to eliminate the red zone mistakes and mental mistakes if they want to have a chance against Southwestern.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do want to congratulate the Colonels on a very good season. Next year will be your year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know PC loses Johnson next year but how much do they lose altogether?
Will it be a rebuilding year for SW and PC?
Some team stats for this one.

Whitley County:
22 Rushing Yards
263 Passing Yards
285 Total Yards

Pulaski County:
265 Rushing Yards
228 Passing Yards
493 Total Yards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know PC loses Johnson next year but how much do they lose altogether?

Pulaski has a nice freshman group and some good middle school kids coming up but likely will be a rebuilding yr.

The SR class is pretty strong..led by guys like New, Maxey, Mobley, Cox..... a total of 12 seniors I think who have all contributed..
Great win for Pulaski, defense stepped up when needed as expected from a senior led bunch..
Rickey Maxey becomes the Maroons all time leading tackler in school history tonight!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some other individual stats I got for the Maroons. May not be exact, but they're pretty close.

Jake New: 6 carries for 84 yards and 1 TD

Dylan Hopkins: 10 carries 113 yards and 2 TDs

Jake Johnson: 11 receptions 153 yards and 3 TDS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Maroons. Congrats to Colonels on a great season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know PC loses Johnson next year but how much do they lose altogether?

It will definitely be interesting next year. 12 of the 13 seniors on the team this year started most of the games and played major minutes in all of them.

They lose their top two running backs in Jaylon Conwell and Jacob New as well as their Mr Football Candidate WR Jake Johnson on offense. They're losing roughly 60% of their offensive production. Luckily they have a lot of very good young receivers and Wiley Cain will be back as well. Pulaski should be fine on offense next season. Defense is where they'll be hurting in my opinion. They're losing a lot more on defense.

I'm sure coach Hines will get them prepared in the off season though! A down year for Pulaski is a good year for most other teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Way to go Pulaski County :Cheerlead:Cheerlead totally dominant on the ground game. But very Balance also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats to Pulaski Co, congrats to the Colonels for a great year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whitley has 10 seniors and dressed 60. Pulaski has 12 seniors but was surprised after going to 5A finals 3 years in a row they dressed 47.