Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
73.68%
Bishop Brossart
26.32%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart @ Raceland 11/4
It would have been a great conversation between Nut and myself without the name calling. I admire his passion and he has a point the block schemes are suspect I just can't believe it is that easily fixed by 3 players. I watched the line he want in the Greenup game 1st and goal and come away with 0 points after 4 triesq
swampdonkey Wrote:I believe it's safe to say the Ram Fans have imploded 💣💣💣

Better the fans than the team.:truestory:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I'm trying to get em fired up at me so they won't argue amongst themselves anymore Sawmp!!

Yeah....I didn't take the bait Hahahahah
We've not imploded....we do this every year!!!! I don't understand the name calling though???????Save that for those yellow belly sap suckers from Taintsville!!!!
Footballfan64 Wrote:It would have been a great conversation between Nut and myself without the name calling. I admire his passion and he has a point the block schemes are suspect I just can't believe it is that easily fixed by 3 players. I watched the line he want in the Greenup game 1st and goal and come away with 0 points after 4 triesq

Your totally missunderstanding my point .. Imo you should have your best 11 on the field as much as possible. Now with saying that imo Jerome , Isaac and Justin are 3 of the best lineman we have so those three should be getting the majority of the snaps now like I said before give them breaks give them series off but again imo those three can not just play one series in a half . Just like Bailey needs to be on defense now I don't see how that's blaming one kid , that's my thoughts on how to solve the inability to run issue
I'm old school as well. put your 11 best guys that give you the best chance to win on the field and keep them out there until they need a break. offense and defense. then again you could put my knowledge of football in a thimble.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland got beat in the first half when the “the lineman I speak of ” played in only one series of offense . If your trying to say the line is better or just as good without Jerome , Isaac and Justin please give me some of whatever your on I wanna see the fantasy world tour living in

This is what I'm talking about. It is a give and take you play them more on offense your defense sufferers like when run on up middle for touchdown and 2 point conversion.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Your totally missunderstanding my point .. Imo you should have your best 11 on the field as much as possible. Now with saying that imo Jerome , Isaac and Justin are 3 of the best lineman we have so those three should be getting the majority of the snaps now like I said before give them breaks give them series off but again imo those three can not just play one series in a half . Just like Bailey needs to be on defense now I don't see how that's blaming one kid , that's my thoughts on how to solve the inability to run issue

It wasn't one it was 4 kids you want to replace with 3
I don't get it. you are talking about 1 td and a 2pt conversion. We haven't been able to run the ball effectively all year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I don't get it. you are talking about 1 td and a 2pt conversion. We haven't been able to run the ball effectively all year.

I dont get it, Baily is number 7 rusher in 1a only 2 below Phelps. I dont understand how you believe replacing 3 players is the magic fix. What we had playing took leads late in both games we lost so please tell me how did that line have anything to do with loosing those leads?
Footballfan64 Wrote:It wasn't one it was 4 kids you want to replace with 3

Do you really think I want to replace 4 lineman with 3 surly that was a joke . Jerome and Issac can play any postion on the line Justin is mainly a center and manis a tackle . Those 4 need to take the majority of the snaps that gives one other lineman and the others to rotate in and give breaks nothing wrong with being a role player , that's a big issue now days everyone has to be a starter or the play a certain postion what's wrong with doing what's best for the team
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Do you really think I want to replace 4 lineman with 3 surly that was a joke . Jerome and Issac can play any postion on the line Justin is mainly a center and manis a tackle . Those 4 need to take the majority of the snaps that gives one other lineman and the others to rotate in and give breaks nothing wrong with being a role player , that's a big issue now days everyone has to be a starter or the play a certain postion what's wrong with doing what's best for the team
As I said the coaches who get paid to make these decisions will do what they feel gives them the best chance to win. And have far more knowledge about their team and game plan then I. There is a reason you or I neither one are head coaches.
I agree with that
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree with that

Finally something we can both agree on lol
See....we got it worked out.Hugs for everbody!!!!

Wait.....none for you Taintsville turds!!
No way the last time I hugged a chic from taintsville I had to rub a dog turd on me to get her stinch off
Havent been on much lately. Trying to collect my thoughts, keep my composure, and not let my mouth write a check my ass cant cash like it did the last two weeks. Things need tweeked upfront, its obvious. BUT, we got nearly the same results with Isaac at gaurd and Jerome at tackle. Imo, in both games, its a play calling issue. WAY too predictable. Its a new predictable than the last two years, but i can tell u, in almost every down and distance situation, what Mike will call.

From weeks 0-11 and a half, we completely abolished the read option. Against the two best defenses, all they had to do was key on Bailey with their DEs. Secondly, we throw to the flats or a deep corner. Thats it.

Now, towards the end of the Russell game, we started running more read option. DEs and LBs had to start reading. Which made their DBs have to do the same. Which softened the middle of the field, allowing Cherry to get match ups on LBs. Nathaniel took advantage of it and picked Russell apart with him, that needs to be a regular thing.

Defensively, our corners cant tackle and are more worried about getting an INT instead of knocking a ball down.

Alot of our issues lie where RD50 has preached for years. Coaching. I have faith in the kids, they have not lost due to a lack of effort. We have to get better at setting the edge.
We have went away from the middle of the field throwing the ball and Stopped the short curl with Cherry. Imo, Cherry needs 10 catches a game underneath. It will soften the LBs and cause your CBs to start checking down and allow Webb to get free on the deep middle stuff. We just look like we have gotten a little lazy mentally from a coaching standpoint. The play calling we saw at the beginning of the year, is nowhere to be found. Hopefully they see that in the film from the Russell game, bc the Read option and short curls with Cherry, opened things up for Bailey and kept the ball rolling. Instead of calling 3 runs, then punting, or throwing 5 passes and punting.
We can help the o line out with pass blocking by not running 20 yard routs.We can't run the ball!Now before you get bent FootBall what I mean by running the ball is sustainning a drive not breaking a long run here and there.If you run ten times for 12 yards then bust the 11 th for 30 that's not a good ground game.We need to put Walker in the middle of the bunch trips set and throw the ball to him.Gets him out side and is essentially a long hand off.When a team blitzs that's where you throw the ball to.Not hard to teach.When a receiver sees pressure(slot receiver) them you break off your rout and settle 5 to 7 yard where the pressure came from.Just small things like this that makes me think our boys are handcuffed every year.The biggest one.....why do we think that we are so good in the secondary that we don't need a safety???? I mean really!!! Nobody has answered me yet when I asked why against Russell with 4 seconds in the half we have nobody deep!Hell they was just trying to kill the clock!!!! Coaching boys....,coaching!!!! It will get us every year!!
Wish you guys would talk about this up coming game instead of ur flaws the last two..
Your annoying , now we can talk about your flaws
bac2369 Wrote:Wish you guys would talk about this up coming game instead of ur flaws the last two..

Why???were not playing the game!We don't have a scouting report!Why can't a bunch of fans get on here and talk about what they wanna talk about?This is Rivals not preps.If you want a cheerleader site then Preps is where you need to go!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We can help the o line out with pass blocking by not running 20 yard routs.We can't run the ball!Now before you get bent FootBall what I mean by running the ball is sustainning a drive not breaking a long run here and there.If you run ten times for 12 yards then bust the 11 th for 30 that's not a good ground game.We need to put Walker in the middle of the bunch trips set and throw the ball to him.Gets him out side and is essentially a long hand off.When a team blitzs that's where you throw the ball to.Not hard to teach.When a receiver sees pressure(slot receiver) them you break off your rout and settle 5 to 7 yard where the pressure came from.Just small things like this that makes me think our boys are handcuffed every year.The biggest one.....why do we think that we are so good in the secondary that we don't need a safety???? I mean really!!! Nobody has answered me yet when I asked why against Russell with 4 seconds in the half we have nobody deep!Hell they was just trying to kill the clock!!!! Coaching boys....,coaching!!!! It will get us every year!!
I'm not out of shape we have had the same problem no matter the line combination that is in there.
I'm gonna commit sacrilege but the was a 04 Russell team,who blew past everyone in regular season and playoffs until it hit Belfry. The starters were use to sitting by half the entire season but when it came time to play 4 full quarters they weren't use to it. Now this was from a relative of mine who's son played on 04 and 05 team. The body gets use to certain things and doesn't like change if we had played both ways all season wouldn't be a problem. But that 05 Russell team beat alot of teams big but starters played deep into 3rd quarter.
I don't think Raceland has anything to worry about until they get to the region championship game. Every team has flaws, even good teams. The only reason why they're being exposed is because you played the #1 team in 1A and a top 5 3A team in Russell. Bishop Brossart could only dream of being that good!

Raceland - 28

Bishop Brossart - 12
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^^Agree! The bad thing would be of your flaws haven't been exposed by this point and their found out around the 3rd Round or so! At least If Raceland has concerns they've had time to fix them before Playoffs gets wound up!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Why???were not playing the game!We don't have a scouting report!Why can't a bunch of fans get on here and talk about what they wanna talk about?This is Rivals not preps.If you want a cheerleader site then Preps is where you need to go!!

Technically the title thread says Raceland vs Bishop Brossart. but a thread can be made about Racelands flaws..
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I don't think Raceland has anything to worry about until they get to the region championship game. Every team has flaws, even good teams. The only reason why they're being exposed is because you played the #1 team in 1A and a top 5 3A team in Russell. Bishop Brossart could only dream of being that good!

Raceland - 28

Bishop Brossart - 12

Brossart is definitely the under dog but they have a solid passing game and it was exposed a few times in the Paintsville game. I don't expect Brossart to sustain too much of a run game but there passing attack may keep them in the game.
I didn't know Wasteland still had a football program. I thought the Ams took up rock gardening.
bac2369 Wrote:Brossart is definitely the under dog but they have a solid passing game and it was exposed a few times in the Paintsville game. I don't expect Brossart to sustain too much of a run game but there passing attack may keep them in the game.

You're right and I agree. Thats why I only have Raceland winning by 2 scores.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next