Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Football
Seems like since Haddix left and went to Corbin, Perry Central Football has dropped off a whole lot. What is Perry going to have to do in order to compete for a district title? Is everyone at Perry happy with the direction the program is going?
We LOVE losing football games!!
Perry Central needs more kids to come out for the team and kids in the feeder program to actually feed their own program instead of surrounding schools.

They don't have the numbers to go the distance with most 5A schools right now.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Seems like since Haddix left and went to Corbin, Perry Central Football has dropped off a whole lot. What is Perry going to have to do in order to compete for a district title? Is everyone at Perry happy with the direction the program is going?

[Image:

]

Ole fatpat is lovin the direction bolz! Jump on the bandwagon cause this ride is for real, Shaba....

#jpcbringstheminlikealoadofgroceries More mash taters please!!!
Not much difference in Knott Co. and Perry. Perry would win Knotts district.
Larkey is a great football coach . He just doesn't have the horses to play his style of game . Wish larkey the best .
If Perry Central gives Larkey what he needs, he will be successful there. Larkey is the best coach to ever be on the PC sideline. Takes more than a great coach.
postman Wrote:Larkey is a great football coach . He just doesn't have the horses to play his style of game . Wish larkey the best .

I dare say they probably don't have the horses to be successful in any style right now.
It takes the administration to support football and not give all of its support to Basketball. It take a good feeder program starting from the ground up. It take kids that has play togather for a few years. And it takes keeping your players in the program and not keep loseing them to Hazard. The reason I think for the struggles is Perry went from a wide open offense to a power game. Both Haddix and Larkey are very good coaches but different styles. 5A Football is maybe the strongest overall class in KY. They may be some unhappy people but football not basketball it takes 22 in football to 5 basketball. the Bulldog faithfull is alway harping on Perry football program here before long things will change and the shoe will be on the other foot, I would like to see them play each year Hazard and Perry. For Knott County I believe Perry on the schedule next year so we see what happens there.
Perry's administration has invested in one of the nicest facilities for football around, they went out and hired the best coach available and they have expanded the grade school program.

I know all anyone wants to talk about is basketball around here, but no one can say that the football program hasn't been supported recently by the administration.

Perry has one thing that's keeping them from competing in football and that's a lack of warm bodies. The kids in the grade schools need to keep it up, the middle school kids need to get in the weight room and the high school team needs to keep their heads down and win some games so their would-be successors don't go down the road somewhere.
I agree with your comment Zaga Fan but Ive heard people say the grade school players did not get to play a game on the new field. They had to play them all at the old M.C. Napier field due to soccer. Dont know if this is true or not but I heard some people talking about it.
Who was the guy that got Perry winning?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Who was the guy that got Perry winning?

Says the biggest Bert Brown advocate on BGR lol. Just messing with ya but he did do a great job during his time at PCC! Definitely made it a lot easier for when Haddix took over because they were ready to win.
They were winning when the guy left Haddix didn't make them a winner brown did.
Just saying.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Who was the guy that got Perry winning?

The Eagle has landed Wrote:They were winning when the guy left Haddix didn't make them a winner brown did.

That's what I was saying, Haddix walked into a solid situation at PCC. If he had walked into *insert struggling mountain school here* he probably isn't at Corbin right now. Brown is a good coach, where's he at right now btw?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:They were winning when the guy left Haddix didn't make them a winner brown did.

Brown was only successful because he had one of the best classes Pcc had ever seen! Not to mention his first year was the first year Perry dropped out of the monster 4a schedule and district they had played in the past.
Did bert win games? Yes. Was it because of him? Hell no.

Howd he do when he left? Ran out of his own hometown right? Bet he chooses to take a knee against rivals now instead of trying to score again too.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry Central needs more kids to come out for the team and kids in the feeder program to actually feed their own program instead of surrounding schools.

They don't have the numbers to go the distance with most 5A schools right now.

Perry actually has 4A numbers. I don't see why they couldn't drop down.
Although if they did, they would probably be stuck in that Johnson Central/Ashland district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Perry actually has 4A numbers. I don't see why they couldn't drop down.
Although if they did, they would probably be stuck in that Johnson Central/Ashland district.

Letcher has 4A numbers as well. They would be in with Knox and Rockcastle. They would probably move Wayne.
stripedofficial Wrote:Brown was only successful because he had one of the best classes Pcc had ever seen! Not to mention his first year was the first year Perry dropped out of the monster 4a schedule and district they had played in the past.
Did bert win games? Yes. Was it because of him? Hell no.

Howd he do when he left? Ran out of his own hometown right? Bet he chooses to take a knee against rivals now instead of trying to score again too.

Actually I look up things about brown when the Clay Co. job came open a couple of year ago. did a little research, He had first winning season in Perry history in o2 and left went to coach college ball came back 4 years later perry was bad and turned them back into winners (look it up). Took Madison job that hadn't won a game the year before he got there in second season he won the district title for the first time in like 6 years, in his 3rd year won playoff game for the first time in 6 years. Friend told me that in his 4 years there he had 3 different prinicipals, 3 diff AD's and 2 supers. New super and prin fired him to hire their boy chuckie who they were with at Boyle co. chuckie left in less than a month. Some say he started looking at the schedule playing Scott Co, Henry Clay, Laffeyatte, Lex Cath, Tates Creek and so on. That aint Lincoln Co, Casey co. and so on buddy. I wasn't a Perry fan but I did see the guy coach once or twice a year when he was at perry and thought he did a great job, wish Clay would have hired him.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Actually I look up things about brown when the Clay Co. job came open a couple of year ago. did a little research, He had first winning season in Perry history in o2 and left went to coach college ball came back 4 years later perry was bad and turned them back into winners (look it up). Took Madison job that hadn't won a game the year before he got there in second season he won the district title for the first time in like 6 years, in his 3rd year won playoff game for the first time in 6 years. Friend told me that in his 4 years there he had 3 different prinicipals, 3 diff AD's and 2 supers. New super and prin fired him to hire their boy chuckie who they were with at Boyle co. chuckie left in less than a month. Some say he started looking at the schedule playing Scott Co, Henry Clay, Laffeyatte, Lex Cath, Tates Creek and so on. That aint Lincoln Co, Casey co. and so on buddy. I wasn't a Perry fan but I did see the guy coach once or twice a year when he was at perry and thought he did a great job, wish Clay would have hired him.

So are you a Clay guy?
Im not stirring trouble but did PCC ever beat Harlan County?
Bear_Paw Wrote:Im not stirring trouble but did PCC ever beat Harlan County?

Since the district was formed in 08 with Whitley, HC, LC, and PCC, perry hasn't beaten Harlan County and has only beaten Whitley twice.
I am a Clay co. fan
Brown is at East Jessamine coaching with Mike Bowling. They won the district championship last night for the first time in the history of the school. Looks to me like he wins were ever he goes.
Bert Brown? Haddix is at Corbin right now because He was Handed a solid program at PCC? The administration gives their part to the football program? Bahahhahahaha! I'm Rolling over here! Comedy Central over here on the PCC thread folks. Hopefully these aren't REAL opinions. If so, somebody needs to hit the light switch! I'd say Larky and Haddix could bring you to the light.
HighViz Wrote:Bert Brown? Haddix is at Corbin right now because He was Handed a solid program at PCC? The administration gives their part to the football program? Bahahhahahaha! I'm Rolling over here! Comedy Central over here on the PCC thread folks. Hopefully these aren't REAL opinions. If so, somebody needs to hit the light switch! I'd say Larky and Haddix could bring you to the light.

Yes, haddix was handed a program that had been winning at PCC, he done no more or no less than brown at PCC. I can assure you if he would have took over a program such as Jenkins he would not be at Corbin right now, at least not this soon. Almost wasn't there anyways if some other choices hadn't fell through. Both are good choices and everything has worked out for haddix.
Eagle has already made his points so far invalid. For 2 reasons, Bert Brown is helpin someone else win their first district championship in school history. Wonder what his overall win percentage is as a head coach and not a helper. And 2, you are claiming to know something about the inside situation and being a fan of Clay County and Brown.

Zaga. I don't know where you even come up with the Admin stuff, you really ought to know better.

RIUTG. Haddix beat Johnson Central, Whitley as well as Harlan Co during his stent in Perry. You are usually pretty good with your statements and facts. Not this time.
Tigers Eye..... You need to be brought to the light too obviously. A winning program..... smh. You don't even know what a winning program is.
TheTigersEye Wrote:That's what I was saying, Haddix walked into a solid situation at PCC. If he had walked into *insert struggling mountain school here* he probably isn't at Corbin right now. Brown is a good coach, where's he at right now btw?

Lol. This is funny. You and Eagle really have zero idea.. Bert Brown for President!