Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling for the National Anthem
Has anybody on the high school team you follow or high school games you've seen this season had any high school student-athletes kneel for the National Anthem?

:USAFlag: Confusedalute:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I sure hope not........
Can we stop acknowledging it? Jeez talking about it only makes it happen more.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Can we stop acknowledging it? Jeez talking about it only makes it happen more.

It's not like this is a secret.....

ESPN, Fox News, CNN... not to mention all of the mainstream websites and social media outlets.
I haven't seen it, and I'm thankful that I haven't.

This kind of protest brings me a spectrum of emotions. I am all about freedom of expression and speech; however, my husband and a lot of boys here on BGR that I love very much have sacrificed both physically and mentally for America. Their actions are part of what gives these people the liberty and freedom to protest.

WHY must these protests be against the very country affording them the benefits and rights to protest? If you want to protest race or gender or civil liberty, why not be specific about the cause, and thankful to a country that have provided the freedom.
High school students and athletes and their families are smarter and a better class of people than those whiny, spoiled turds on TV.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Can we stop acknowledging it? Jeez talking about it only makes it happen more.

I agree 0304. It's its as if the pulpster just sits around and thinks of stupid stuff to post about. This is a national story only but he has to post about it on a high school thread. I guess life is pretty boring in ole Mom and Dad's basement.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/33132671/wagge...uring-game

"Waggener High School football players link arms during national anthem, kneel during game"

I guess you guys don't watch the news..... :welcome:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://www.wdrb.com/story/33132671/wagge...uring-game

"Waggener High School football players link arms during national anthem, kneel during game"

I guess you guys don't watch the news..... :welcome:
Louisville doesn't exist. That's why we don't know about it. Should just cut that part of the state out and give it to Indiana. Lol!

In all seriousness, I'm kinda like Granny. I'm all about freedom of speech, etc. BUT, if I'm the coach or an administrator, I'm telling my athletes "As long as you are in the uniform of this school, representing this school and team, you will stand and face the flag. You don't have to sing along, or anything of that nature. But you WILL stand and face the flag that gives you he right to express your opinions as long as you are on this team". Period. Social protests should be off the field issues. Between the lines, it's about the TEAM.
I don't know of a ton of teams who are actually out of the locker room in time for the anthem.

But, I haven't heard of any high school athletes who have.
Respect the flag. Respect the anthem. Join the debate club if you want to express yourself.
I don't know if I can write in any terms that are allowed on here about how I feel about this. To kneel or turn your back on our national flag when the national anthem is played is such a dishonor to your country and your people that I put it right up there with stealing from the church, raping elderly women and molesting children. By doing this one declares that they are a self righteous scumbag and the rights that they have received by other's blood who have fought for this flag means nothing to them. They just WANT what they feel should be coming to them. It's that old entitlement attitude that has permeated America these days from the rich to the poor and across all ethnic boundaries. People don't want to EARN respect, money or rights these days...they want these things NOW NOW NOW and they will get them or they will act like spoiled children. There are SO MANY other and better ways to express ones dissatisfaction with the status quo in this country than disrespecting the flag. Someone on this site said that flying a confederate flag is treasonous pretty recently. I consider this WAY more treasonous than that. To hell with political correctness. I will apologize for nothing I've said here.
I got your back and agree 100% with everything you said papagrit. Don't disrespect the flag, or the anthem. You live in a free country because and only because people died for you to be free. END of STORY.....
101st Airborne, Vietnam 1967-1968 3/506 Inf. I will stand as long as God blesses me to continue to do so. Enough Said.
Is taking a knee more disrespectful than those who won't take off their hat or sit or stand and talk the whole time.
diceman Wrote:Is taking a knee more disrespectful than those who won't take off their hat or sit or stand and talk the whole time.

Yes former, In my opinion, I feel it would be. Intentionally taking a knee or turning your back would be similar to wiping your tail with the flag.
Usually with a polite reminder most people shut up or have forgotten they are wearing a hat.
You know this.
i do see a trend between football players and cheerleaders, I s may make some people mad but Cheerleaders stand attention 100% during National Anthem don't see 100% from football players it more like 30%.......Something is wrong with this pictures coaches do something about it. :please:
If you live in a free country, you're free to do what you want, that's the beauty of America! USA! People are just hurt because while some are gaining a voice, while others are fading off.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Has anybody on the high school team you follow or high school games you've seen this season had any high school student-athletes kneel for the National Anthem?

:USAFlag: Confusedalute:

I hope I don't see it.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree 0304. It's its as if the pulpster just sits around and thinks of stupid stuff to post about. This is a national story only but he has to post about it on a high school thread. I guess life is pretty boring in ole Mom and Dad's basement.

Pulp Friction
papagrit Wrote:I don't know if I can write in any terms that are allowed on here about how I feel about this. To kneel or turn your back on our national flag when the national anthem is played is such a dishonor to your country and your people that I put it right up there with stealing from the church, raping elderly women and molesting children. By doing this one declares that they are a self righteous scumbag and the rights that they have received by other's blood who have fought for this flag means nothing to them. They just WANT what they feel should be coming to them. It's that old entitlement attitude that has permeated America these days from the rich to the poor and across all ethnic boundaries. People don't want to EARN respect, money or rights these days...they want these things NOW NOW NOW and they will get them or they will act like spoiled children. There are SO MANY other and better ways to express ones dissatisfaction with the status quo in this country than disrespecting the flag. Someone on this site said that flying a confederate flag is treasonous pretty recently. I consider this WAY more treasonous than that. To hell with political correctness. I will apologize for nothing I've said here.

well said, sir!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree 0304. It's its as if the pulpster just sits around and thinks of stupid stuff to post about. This is a national story only but he has to post about it on a high school thread. I guess life is pretty boring in ole Mom and Dad's basement.
Yeah because it's only happening in the NFL. SMH. Let's just bury our heads in the sand and pretend things don't happen in life.

As for the topic at hand, haven't seen it and really hope I don't.
Let me see my kid kneeling and you will see a kid being jerked from the field
Why give people the attention and acknowledgement they want?
Cellking Wrote:101st Airborne, Vietnam 1967-1968 3/506 Inf. I will stand as long as God blesses me to continue to do so. Enough Said.

Thank you for your service and reference to God.
I haven't seen any of it in High Schools that we've played
America: You've got a right to, but don't. Because we don't think it's appropriate.

If I was a coach of a player who chose to kneel or sit for the anthem, I'd support their right to do so. I would make sure, however, that their reasons were valid to them. If they wanted to kneel in protest that the school lunch last week wasn't very good, I'm going to do my best to steer them in a different direction. But, if there is something heavy weighing on them, or means a lot to them, then I'll back them 100%.

Isn't one of the most iconic Olympic photos during an anthem protest?
Everybody could find some reason to protest & not stand up for the National Anthem.

But as for me, I choose to overlook what I could 'protest' and to show respect for the Nation I love and call home.
Here is Nick Saban's take on the issue:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-...to-protest
NoworLater Wrote:If you live in a free country, you're free to do what you want, that's the beauty of America! USA! People are just hurt because while some are gaining a voice, while others are fading off.

Agreed, but show me one high school kid in Kentucky who has been "oppressed" by the the government!!!???!!! And is it my freedom to walk down and beat the living snot out of some piece of crap who does not honor the country who provides his security and way of life? If they don't like it the door is wide open to leave.

I would also bet they are only doing it because they have seen some football whore (Colin Keaperni)doing it, and have not the first clue as to why.

If that freaking piece of crap really believed in his "cause" he would quit football (granted it won't be long till he is out of work) give all his money to the cause and work for the good of all men and women, not just his racist group.