Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 43 Lawrence Co. 16
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ugly
Things are going well when 43-16 is ugly. Raceland did what they are supposed to do. They get a week off now, come back with Fairview who won't be much competition this year, and then the real season begins. I am thinking this is the year of the Rams.
Congrats to the Rams for the victory and 7-0 start! With that said I agree with Ramdad that this was an ugly game. We have to stop with all of the penalties and be more composed. This game got a little chippy and I was happy that no one was ejected. Lawrence County has some good players and with some experience I look for them to be good in the next year or two. Hopefully the injuries to Cam and Bailey weren't too bad and the open week gives them some time to recover before district play starts.
Ugly and physical....as it always is when you play Lawrence.
Congrats to Rams
Ugly, ugly, ugly....line blocked poorly, throws off, no blocking....better clean it up Rams....
Still trying to figured out how Lawrence County score 16pts in this one.. I would have thought this one would have been a running clock game. :pondering:
Congrats Raceland
64SUR Wrote:Still trying to figured out how Lawrence County score 16pts in this one.. I would have thought this one would have been a running clock game. :pondering:

It should have been. We have been playing some less than inspired football lately
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It should have been. We have been playing some less than inspired football lately

Well the refs certainly done all they could to make it a running clock but I guess it just wasn't quite enough. Game without that crew possibly would have been around 28-16. :flush:
Aside from the refs being completely full of bs I thought the kids from both teams played their tails off all game. Raceland's qb was very impressive with his accuracy and even more impressive due to the fact it was muddy and wet out.Good luck to the Rams with the rest of the season!
First really good football weather night and it looked like the stands were only about 3/4 full on Rams side. And Raceland has small stands. Whats up with the low turnout?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It should have been. We have been playing some less than inspired football lately

mightydog Wrote:First really good football weather night and it looked like the stands were only about 3/4 full on Rams side. And Raceland has small stands. Whats up with the low turnout?

I think the funnel cakes and cheese sticks alone are well worth the trip.
0ff The Chain Wrote:Well the refs certainly done all they could to make it a running clock but I guess it just wasn't quite enough. Game without that crew possibly would have been around 28-16. :flush:

Count the # of penalties and penalty yardage. Nearly even on both teams . What's your point?
0ff The Chain Wrote:Well the refs certainly done all they could to make it a running clock but I guess it just wasn't quite enough. Game without that crew possibly would have been around 28-16. :flush:
Score ma have been 60-0 as well. Hard for a good team to get into an offensive flow with the number of penalties. But if you're insinuating "Home Cooking", you're about as wrong as wrong can be.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I think the funnel cakes and cheese sticks alone are well worth the trip.

Did you get your belly full?

According to the Daily Independent:
Raceland penalties 16-125
Lawrence County penalties 13-114 yards.
How did the refs try to make it a running clock when Raceland had more penalties and more penalty yards? You should be thankful for this crew, the Rams would have won by a bigger margin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I only saw one penalty against LC that was questionable and that was the pass interference in the end zone on the scoreboard end of the field.
Congrats to raceland! I wasn't able to attend because of work. Score seems like i thought it would be. We're young and still learning to play on a varsity level. Move on and get better. As far as the refs go, every game there is something a person could point out. It's just a game at the end of the day. next week belfry comes to Louisa after that i think we can get a couple wins. Raceland was the better team on paper and proved it on the field. Once again congrats.
Lawrence County was super physical. In a couple years they are going to be fun to watch. I know a kid shouldnt lose their starting job due to injury, but that Frosh QB is a stud. Throws a great deep ball and does an awsome job running the triple O, imo.

And in regaurds to the officiating, c'mon man. The only "bad" call was the PI in the south endzone. Should have been a no call. This game should have been 60-0. LC got some help from the Rams on a 60 yard TD drive after 3 Raceland personal fouls (all legit), But the refs drastically affected the flow of the game and the field was a swamp. But give LC credit, they hit hard for 4 quarters.

Rams have to play with more composure and poise. Too much experience to let a losing team dictate emotions. The flags in the second half were a direct result of the refs letting too much go in the first half. Kids are kids. Let em get away with something enough, its going to get out of hand. But, it was fair on both sides and the numbers show that.

Rams have a week off to heal the bumps and bruises. Holefully Cam and Bailey's injuries are serious. I thought Will and Jacon did a good job stepping in for him. Defense was solid again but sloppy.

Field was crappy and sloppy, teams were chippy, fans were mouthy (myself included lol), and hard hitting. Just about par for the course in this watered down Rivalry. LC fans, stay behind your coach. He is the guy for the job. Much more "purpouse" out of Lc this year.
I try not to question the coaches because I think they are doing a great job this year but Bailey's injury was totally preventable. They were up 43-13 with less than 6 minutes left in the game when he was injured. There really is no reason why you need to keep feeding your best running back the ball in that situation when the game has already been put away.
I am in no way blaming this loss on the refs. Raceland beat us straight up. Im merely talking about the fact that everytime we seemed to get a good play or any momentum at all that magical flag would always seem to come out. Both teams seemed to get penalized a ton and that more than anything else was what was getting the players and fans so chippy. I thought there were tons of needless bs calls and at the same time there were blatant stuff that was let go. We didn't do ourselves any favors by dropping easy touchdown passes but I seen at least 3 pass interference penalties in particular that was not called and and a ton of late shots at our freshman qb that wasnt called but yet our d gets called for the same. Is that Raceland's fault? No...clearly not, but it is lousy officiating on both teams. I hope we don't see that crew again down the road.
mightydog Wrote:Did you get your belly full?

lol yeah...very much so. :Thumbs: always a good atmosphere for football when you come through the gates and see and smell the food on that big grill.
QB done a great job hooking up with cherry, black done well in a few catches as well. lost the deep threat when Webb went out but wasn't hooking up with him in the first 1/2 anyways so no different the second 1/2. Rams need that guy that can go up and get the ball. Until then WR better get open. Cams a threat on the breakaway deep passes for sure but not when he's in double coverage all the time. A win is a win, now on to the games that matter. Good day to be a Ram. The short slants and out passes looked great tonight. Back to work Rams.
I liked seeing the Rams a little chippy tonight.Its been a long time since we have had a team with nasty attitude.Remember.....this is football!!
Raceland complaining about a 27 point win. Tough critics.
That's 235 penalty yards in the last two games that's gotta get better , snaps were high all night which throws off timing of the play big time especially on run plays , a lot of holding calls on Raceland and Bailey had to run over or make guys miss him all night the line did not play well at all . As far as the passing game goes the pass blocking was good , came out clicking in the first quarter then dropped a couple oases , couple bad throws then when can went out that kind of took us out of synk a bit . , cam and John are 1-2 in the area in receiving 1-2 in 1A and we need some find someone to go up and get the ball ??? That makes no sense . Complaining about throwing into double coverage , there are times throughout a game when coach salmons wants the ball thrown a certain place for different reasons snd it seems to be working just fine
E's Army Wrote:Raceland complaining about a 27 point win. Tough critics.

Par for the course in RAM Land. We have some fans who would complain if they were given a million dollars because it wasn't in small enough bills.
This is all for fun and it's just a bunch of has been's getting on here and talking.If we get on here and say....Your great Rams and your the best it's just a cheerleader site!Who wants that?If you strive for perfection then one day you might reach it!

No Nutt.....I didn't read that on a fortune cookie!!!!Thats all me buddy....