Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 46 South Floyd 0
Final as Pikeville makes their final trip to Hi Hat. Game was called with 7+ minutes remaining due to a blackout. PHS moves to 4-2.

Pikeville wins the all-time series with South Floyd 23-1. The lone loss coming in a 46-43 affair in 1997 at Hi Hat. The two schools played every year in the 24 years SF fielded a team. Pikeville wins the total point margin by more than 1,000 in that span. 1,296-290. PHS finishes on a 19 game winning streak vs. SF. Coach Chris McNamee finishes with a record of 13-0 vs. SF, the most wins of any Panther coach. Largest MoV for PHS was 81 in 1993, the first ever meeting between the two schools.

Hazard will travel to Pikeville this coming week.
The South Floyd's of the world will be missed. Community schools were a blessing
Very shocked about the blackout, momentum changer and I see a conspiracy behind this. Was JP piloting the chopper spraying weed killer on the right of ways and accidentally bumped a line ? We will never know :flame:
TigerBlues Wrote:Very shocked about the blackout, momentum changer and I see a conspiracy behind this. Was JP piloting the chopper spraying weed killer on the right of ways and accidentally bumped a line ? We will never know :flame:
Lol. I talked with a friend who's a former SF graduate. They said it goes out all the time apparently.
E's Army Wrote:The South Floyd's of the world will be missed. Community schools were a blessing

It all depends on how you define community schools. I'm sure some people said the same thing when South Floyd opened in the 1990s when Wheelwright and McDowell closed. That school was probably about as big as Floyd Central will be when it first opened.
We have very small counties in Kentucky anyway.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. I talked with a friend who's a former SF graduate. They said it goes out all the time apparently.

I don't buy that for a second floppy forever :1:
TigerBlues Wrote:I don't buy that for a second floppy forever :1:
I didn't either, but sparks WERE flying from the box.... Could have just been from all the heat the freshmen RBs were bringing. Lol

In all seriousness, South Floyd was scrappy and never gave up. I hope for those kids, they can find at least one win on their schedule somehow. Looking at the remainder of their games, I would guess the Va team or Jenkins will be their best chances.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. I talked with a friend who's a former SF graduate. They said it goes out all the time apparently.

The power box blew out is what happened couldn't be helped
Looking at the score it doesn't seem like the last minutes really needed to be played anyways. Other than the JV getting some reps there wasn't really a benefit of continuing play.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Looking at the score it doesn't seem like the last minutes really needed to be played anyways. Other than the JV getting some reps there wasn't really a benefit of continuing play.
And 3 TDs by JV players were called back due to penalties. Good point but reps for the younger guys are always a good thing.
Again, forever floppy just playing to the masses. JP deliberately touched the power lines in his chopper to secure the shutout. Nothing to see here move along please :zzz:
TigerBlues Wrote:Again, forever floppy just playing to the masses. JP deliberately touched the power lines in his chopper to secure the shutout. Nothing to see here move along please :zzz:
It would have been a shutout either way. Lol. Hey, y'all ready for Pike Central?
PHSForever Wrote:It would have been a shutout either way. Lol. Hey, y'all ready for Pike Central?

If we're not we better hurry up! Only a couple days to prep! Play a day earlier this week!
E's Army Wrote:The South Floyd's of the world will be missed. Community schools were a blessing

At one time Floyd county had an insane number of schools because of the way the county is laid out..The roads and so on..I had the pleasure at playing at almost all of them at one time or another..Places like Osborn,Garrett,Maytown,Mcdowell,Wheelwright,Auxier,Melvin,Martin and so on..I have a real fondness for those old gyms..Smelled like wood varnish and popcorn..:Thumbs:
I think Floyd had 22 grade schools when I was in the 4th-5th grade