Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 15th?
It may be early for this, but let's hear it.
Too early to tell....When the 15th Region bracket is set it will be much more clear...However, I've said Paintsville all along, and I'll stick with them...
It's Prestonsburg they have Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnett They have come to the second round in the Region in the past two years! And it's our turn to win it we havn't been to Rupp since 1989 !
I agree can't really tell until the bracket comes out but as of right now I will go with the Pike Central Hawks.
As balanced as the tournament appears to be I'm not really sure it matters that much how the drawings unfold. Are there really any teams in there that you would be hoping to draw, other than maybe Betsy Layne? Are there any teams in there that you fear that much more than any other? I'm not sure the district winners will have any advantage over the district runners up. My vote goes to Johnson Central.
Im gonna say either pike central or belfy according to there seeding...
Some stats to consider. Here are the records of the teams in the tournament vs. other teams in the tournament:

Belfry 3-1 (W: Pikeville, PCC, Pburg L: PCC)
Paintsville 5-2 (W: Pikeville, SV, JC, Pburg, PCC L: JC, BL)
Betsy Layne 6-3 (W: Pburg x 2, SV, Paintsville, PCC, Pikeville L: JC, PCC, SV)
Johnson Central 3-2 (W: BL, Paintsville, PCC L: Pburg, Paintsville)
Shelby Valley 4-3 (W: Pburg, Pikeville x 2, BL L: BL, PCC, Paintsville)
Pike Central 5-5 (W: BL, Pikeville x 2, SV, Belfry L: Belfry, Pburg, JC, BL, Paintsville)
Prestonsburg 2-5 (W: JC, PCC L: SV, BL x 2, Paintsville, Belfry)
Pikeville 0-7 (L: Paintsville, PCC x 2, Belfry, SV x 2, BL)
if belfry gets hot nobody in the 15th can handle them
"doubleOT" Wrote:if belfry gets hot nobody in the 15th can handle them
You can say that about a few other teams as well. It all depends on the draw, we all know that. So once the bracket is set up we should have more insight on who will win.
"King James" Wrote:Some stats to consider. Here are the records of the teams in the tournament vs. other teams in the tournament:

Belfry 3-1 (W: Pikeville, PCC, Pburg L: PCC)
Paintsville 5-2 (W: Pikeville, SV, JC, Pburg, PCC L: JC, BL)
Betsy Layne 6-3 (W: Pburg x 2, SV, Paintsville, PCC, Pikeville L: JC, PCC, SV)
Johnson Central 3-2 (W: BL, Paintsville, PCC L: Pburg, Paintsville)
Shelby Valley 4-3 (W: Pburg, Pikeville x 2, BL L: BL, PCC, Paintsville)
Pike Central 5-5 (W: BL, Pikeville x 2, SV, Belfry L: Belfry, Pburg, JC, BL, Paintsville)
Prestonsburg 2-5 (W: JC, PCC L: SV, BL x 2, Paintsville, Belfry)
Pikeville 0-7 (L: Paintsville, PCC x 2, Belfry, SV x 2, BL)

Good research there King James :thumb: Yet some homer still voted for Pikeville...
I think Prestonsburg is the hottest team in the region right now.
i think pike central or paintsville will win the region
As long as Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnett dont get Fouled out then Prestonsburg will Win Region !
I'm not saying my Blackcats will win, but what I am saying is that most certainly have the ability to bring it home.
Belfry
My top 3 choices:
Prestonsburg
Pike Central
Paintsville
Belfry or Pike Central
I do believe that Belfry will win the 15th.
The only teams that Belfry has played in the region that is any count is PCC and P burg and the only played PCC because they had to. So i dont think that Belfry can win it. Paintsville has the best shot and then PCC. I personally believe that Valley can make some noise and P burg.
Goin to be hard for Betsy Layne having to play a district winner.
Who else should they have played mojo??? Betsy Layne??? South Floyd??? Valley??? Are you insinuating that Belfry wouldn't play anyone else?? Now that's funny...
I think mojo40 is saying that of the teams in the 15th that Belfry played only Prestonsburg is a regional contender. Belfry played East Ridge twice, Lawrence County twice, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville and Allen Central for their non-district 15th regional games. Include 2 games against Piarist and Phelps, and that doesn't add up to a great schedule within the 15th. Granted Belfry did have a few tough out of region games, but it would have been nice to see them against some more of the elite competition in the 15th, such as Paintsville, Johnson Central, and even Shelby Valley and Betsy Layne.
They haven't been able to play Paintsville for a few years because of an incident that occurred with some fans a few years ago....had JC scheduled but had to reschedule for next year because they had too many games scheduled...chose to play Lawrence instead of Betsy Layne...could have faced Valley in the Schoolboy Classic...ER was a regional contender two years ago when the contract was signed...and every year you hear that THIS year will be Sheldon Clark's year...so IMO they played as good of a regional schedule as they could...I look for them to play Paintsville again soon too...they also played..and beat two of the best from the 14th and 16th respectively..
The stats are this:

Belfry has played 4 games against teams in the regional tournament
Paintsville 7
Betsy Layne 9
Johnson Central 5
Shelby Valley 7
Pike Central 10
Prestonsburg 7
Pikeville 7

Just the facts.
No disputing the facts....just giving you a little background...no disputing you in any way
:thumb:
My vote is going to BL the lost there game last night and are looking to beat whoever they play
I was just saying that IMO i think the teams like Pburg and Paintsville who have played some of the better regional teams have a better shot wasnt saying that they couldnt do it just saying that IMO some of the other schools have a better shot considering they have all played some of the most talented 15th region teams!!!!!
I believe that when you have the best player in the region, that gives you an edge. My vote goes to Pike County Central.
First off I believe with the balance of the 15th Region will make it a very exciting tournament... As for who I think will win it is....BELFRY!!! As balanced as everyone is, I think when Belfry is on top of their game, I honestly don't think they can be stopped....However, we can speculate this all day...Therefore, this is why they play 32 minutes....Because for the most part everyone is pulling for their own team and hoping they are the one to be crowned 2006 15th Region Champions....

GO PIRATES!!! We're Behind You All The Way!!!
"Charlie" Wrote:First off I believe with the balance of the 15th Region will make it a very exciting tournament... As for who I think will win it is....BELFRY!!! As balanced as everyone is, I think when Belfry is on top of their game, I honestly don't think they can be stopped....However, we can speculate this all day...Therefore, this is why they play 32 minutes....Because for the most part everyone is pulling for their own team and hoping they are the one to be crowned 2006 15th Region Champions....

GO PIRATES!!! We're Behind You All The Way!!!

I agree 100%