Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Basketball
Motley Wrote:Yes, my latest insight I'm having is wondering why any employee of Pikeville Schools cares so much about Jim Hicks and SV basketball. Any insights?

Lol, not insight I was looking for! You are living in a dream world. I would bet big $$$, all involved with Pikeville and East Ridge would hope he stays instead of leaving. Speaking of Pikeville and looking at your previous comments, you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about who they hire to be claiming to be a SV Wildcat. You sure you not a Panther?
Cals Pal Wrote:If you and Mjolnir weren't so busy trying to make everyone drink the cool aid that you actually read all the earlier posts rather than giving your default excuse you will see I don't disagree kids are weaker today. You would also see I don't want him gone. I think he desreves to have to lay in the bed he has made for once instead of bleeding a program dy and moving on. But what I am saying is other teams have the same problems but they manage it. You will have 1 every year that quits no matter what. Every program does, but not on the scale like you see at Valley where parents players and coaches are fleeing the program. When you get to that point you cant just fall back on your default "too weak, to disgruntled, to unloyal, or politics excuse" you have to look in the mirror. If you drive long enough in the city every now in then you will meet a nut going the wrong way on a one way street, but if you see 20, you are the nut, and you can blow the horn all you want and yell at all the drivers but if you don't turn around you are going to get yourself and others hurt.

Me think Cals Pal is drinking kool aid. Shelby SV had great runs during Rowe and Booher tenures. Runs such as these are once in lifetime runs. New KHSAA rule on hold backs may take toll on SV program.

Old Indian Proverb: In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.
Me think Chief way to worried about Pikeville for some reason. Me no think SV win state championships always, but should not have to play JI Burtons, Jenkins, Phleps and war only with other sickly tribes. Me think they should be region contenders or have hope of most years. Me think good Chiefs fix problems and not blame everything and everyone.

Old Indian Proverb: Indain who don't care to move a lot have no problem sh@$ting in own teepee. But when done enough, run out of places to move. That time to either get used to smell or grab shovel.

Me no see Hicks with shovel. Guess no fit in hand with bag full of blame.
Cals Pal Wrote:Me think Chief way to worried about Pikeville for some reason. Me no think SV win state championships always, but should not have to play JI Burtons, Jenkins, Phleps and war only with other sickly tribes. Me think they should be region contenders or have hope of most years. Me think good Chiefs fix problems and not blame everything and everyone.

Old Indian Proverb: Indain who don't care to move a lot have no problem sh@$ting in own teepee. But when done enough, run out of places to move. That time to either get used to smell or grab shovel.

Me no see Hicks with shovel. Guess no fit in hand with bag full of blame.

You hit it on the head. Looking at Hickey's schedule it is more of the same of what he has done with all his teams. Starts season off with teams that could hardly beat others JV teams. PIARIST (twice), PHELPS (twice), HARLAN INDEPENDENT (twice), PRESTONSBURG , JENKINS (twice), JUNE BUCHANAN (twice) then gets in two really weak local tournaments (Prestonsburg and Belfry). He will never win big anywhere because he plays a sorry schedule every year and never challenges the team. I guess he thinks wins looks good on paper. Problem is everyone can get on internet know and see how he got his wins if he is thinking he can put on a resume for another job how many wins he has. Napier and the SV faithful didn't get their wish of Hicks landing another job over the summer and now we have to suffer through at least another season of HICKEY BALL:hilarious: Good luck to Lamont, Kobe and Jacob. They are good players and will need to play good for us to have a chance in post season.
Kobe will not be there next year. He is the 1 and only player to ever quit Hicks, or haven't you heard (lol). But he is just a horrible bitter selfish player. Odd though all his teachers and every adult that knows him thinks of him as a hardworking, respectable, respectful, and honest young man.
Heard that 2 exchange students landed in Robinson Ck last week. 6'4 and 6'5, stay tuned!
Heard after church that 3 more players have left SV. Jacob Beverly, Lamont Wright, and Dylan Potter will not be playing for Hicks. Guess we have to once again hear about how these are just three more disgruntled players and parents. Will be interesting to hear the explaination as they would have been starters and kids you want to be shooting and scoring wouldnt have much be disgrubtled about accept the behavior of the coach. So as the number of coaches and players that are fleeing the program continue to mount one has to keep asking when will enough be enough.

Note to Motely: For what ever reason you take these posts so personally just want you to know that these aren't my kids either so please dont PM me to personally bash them too, no need!
Cals Pal Wrote:Heard after church that 3 more players have left SV. Jacob Beverly, Lamont Wright, and Dylan Potter will not be playing for Hicks. Guess we have to once again hear about how these are just three more disgruntled players and parents. Will be interesting to hear the explaination as they would have been starters and kids you want to be shooting and scoring wouldnt have much be disgrubtled about accept the behavior of the coach. So as the number of coaches and players that are fleeing the program continue to mount one has to keep asking when will enough be enough.

Note to Motely: For what ever reason you take these posts so personally just want you to know that these aren't my kids either so please dont PM me to personally bash them too, no need!

Beverly's not a basketball player, Wright has a terrible attitude, and this makes 2 teams that Potter has quit. Not sure JBH is losing any sleep over this.
Did another player quit the team this past week?
Just talked to one of the SV faithful, and another player has walked away from the SV program. They also said there will be a change in who runs the program next year.
I also just heard that the manager quit the team this past week.
Hilltopper Wrote:I also just heard that the manager quit the team this past week.

:yikes:Oh no! Are they still planning on going through with the season now that the manager quit?
Motley Wrote::yikes:Oh no! Are they still planning on going through with the season now that the manager quit?

Yes, the season will be played, I was just making the statement that a lot of people have left the program at Shelby Valley in the last three years at a pace that has never been seen before. The support from the community isn't what it was several years ago either. I know many people there that are ready for a change.
I teach with Coach Hicks at Shelby Valley and I consider him a friend. You are wrong on all of this negative stuff that you and a couple more get on here and say. He is a good man and a very good coach. In 3 years at Shelby Valley his teams have won 2 District Championships and 2 All "A" Regional Championships. He also took his team to the regional finals in his first season.
His 3 year record at Shelby Valley is 55-36. I would think that most programs in the region would be happy to have accomplished that. He has accomplished more in 3 years than Pikeville has in the last 10. Yes, a few kids have quit but to be honest it was because they did not want to play. And to mention his manager quitting. His manager told Coach Hicks that he had a calling to preach and is going to focus on that but he still helps Coach Hicks during the day and he thinks the world of Coach Hicks. Coach Hicks currently has 16 of his 21 players on the roster that are freshman or soph. Believe me when I say he works extremely hard and he is very good to his players. If you don't like Coach Hicks then that is you, but you should not get on here and be talking about there needs to be a change up there. Keep in mind that he has a wife and and beautiful daughter that are very happy here in our community. This is high school basketball. Don't treat it like college. Get a life and get off his back because he does a good job!!!!!!