Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article:Pike Central 35 Shelby Valley 10
I am using the numbers given in the program, be forewarned that two Shelby Valley said the numbers and players names did not match up with the rosters they had.
I was also told that the Wildcats were severely beaten up by the injury bug, making this one to be a tough one for Wildcats to stay in for long.

Now to the game.

#32 Austin Mullins picked up fifteen yards before being hit and tackled by #3 Mason Layne, giving the Hawks a first down just ten minutes into the game. The offense would sputter soon after this and be forced to punt the ball away.

The Wildcats would get a 58-yard touch down run by #1 Jordan Hampton, with 7:28 left in the quarter. #60 Cameron Carroll made it a,7-0 game with his point after kick.

Mullins would go up the gut of the Wildcats defense and pick up 14-yards with 7:13 showing on the clock. Making the stop for the Wildcats was #54 Dustin Mullens. With 6:01 left #33 Dylan Coleman busted free for a 39-yard touchdown, but a block in the back by the Hawks negated the score.

#59 Bryce Johnson of the Wildcats stopped Hess, holding the talented Sophomore to only a three yard gain, with 3:11 left. The Hawks got on the scoreboard with 2:29 showing on the clock, when Hess with up the gut for a two yard run. The point after kick by #10Brice Elkins and the score remain,7-6 Wildcats.

#76 Burnis Blackburn got to #5 Seth Johnson for a 1-yard loss, with 1:26 left in the quarter.
With 22.1 seconds left in the quarter #24 Alex Perez pounced on a fumble by #1 Jordan Hampton, giving the Hawks a first down.

#14 Seth Coon scrambled around avoiding a couple of sack chances by the Wildcats and he found #6 Stone Harris all along for a long gain all the way down to the Wildcats one yard line, with 0.2 seconds left. The last play of the quarter was a one yard plunge by Conn to give the Hawks the lead. Conn would connect with #20 Malik Clark for a two point conversion pass to make this a, 14-7 game after one.

#12 Jayden Wesley hustled down field on the kickoff and got to #6 Mikie Mullins, holding him to a short return, with 11:53 left in the quarter.

At the 9:52 mark #3 Logan Dotson got to #1 Jordan Hampton holding him to no gain on another Wildcat running play.
With 8:52 left in the half the Wildcats decided to go for it on 4th and four. #1Hamton had the first down but he fumbled the ball and making the recovery for the Haws was Perez.

Dylan Coleman gave the Hawks a first down on a third and eight play, with 7;29 left in the half. About this time of the game the Hawks front line looked to be getting the best of a tired Wildcat front line.

At the 5:52 mark the Hawks faced a 4th and one at the Wildcats thirty yard line after deciding to go for it, Conn picked up the first down, with a six yard run. The Wildcats defense would put the clamps on the drive a short time later.

#54 for the hawks, Dennison Lowe lowered the boom on #1 Hampton holding the ball carrier to a two yard gain.
The Wildcats would end the scoring in the half, with a 37-yard field goal by #60 Carroll, to make this a 14-10 game at the half.

With 8:55 left in the third quarter #2 Clay Morgan looked to have a lot of green in front of him but a nice open field tackle by, Elkins held the play to a short gain and forced a Wildcat punt.

The Hawks got a ten yard gain by #14 Hinkle to set up a fourth and one, with 7:01 left in the quarter. Hinkle was able to break a tackle on his way to the big gain. Hinkle would pick up the first down, with a three yard gain. He was stopped by #77 Jacob McCarty.

Conn would throw the ball downfield in the direction of Elkins, who made a high leap to come down with the ball and a 19-yard gain, with 5:53 showing on the clock.

The Hawks putt he ball on the ground when, Coleman fumbled and coming up with it in the end zone was, #3 Mason Layne for the Wildcats.

The quarter had 44.5 seconds left when, Coleman was wrapped up and looked to be on his way down, but he muscled out of the tackle and took off for a 55-yard score. A two point conversion pass was incomplete leaving this a, 20-10 Hawks lead.

The Wildcats stuck with their ground and pound wing-T offense in the final stanza and found the going basically impossible, for the Hawks the offense would explode for two more scores. The first came with 9:46 left on a 72-yard run by Coleman and the final on a 60-yard Coleman run. Conn hit Elkins for two points after the first score, Then Elkins kicked the point after, after the 2nd score.

Perez would recover a fumble by #3 Layne with 6:04 left in between the two scores.

UNOFFICIAL STATS

Wildcats
48 plays
228 yards
passing 1-2

Hawks
51 plays
406 yards
passing 4-6
#24 is Danny Adkins, he was the one with the fumble recoveries for PC...not Alex Perez, could you re-edit the article please, thank you....
I do not have the power to make the change.

As I said the I used the roster supplied in the program provided to the public at the games.

Maybe a mode would correct their mistake?

I do apologize, but I can only use the material provided to me by the game sites.