Poll: Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
46.15%
Pikeville
53.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
Both teams come into this game at 2-0 with convincing wins thus far. Last year's regular season game didn't disappoint as the Tigers won on a 2 point conversion in OT. But the Panthers won the playoff match-up on their way to a state championship. Who wins this one between two of the most storied programs in 1A?
Should be another war
IMO, this game pits the 2 best 1a teams going at it.. Should be a great game.. I'm taking Pikeville because they're playing in there own back yard, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see either one take it.. 2 evenly matched teams..
Pikeville 28-14 .
Pikeville with a slightly bigger margin than the experts think.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This time of year again going with my sleeper team again. :pondering:

Paintsville 42
Pikeville 35
:poker face:
Tigers 21
Pikeville 14
I think Morrison and ty Allen will get 3 to 4 yards a carry then Phelps and James will break a long one ,

If ty Allen comes two play he can be a beast and will drag two or 3 kids down the field when he carries the ball
Panthers by 7 in a great game
Paintsville wins in the regular season but Pikeville wins the rematch in late November.
PHSFAN Wrote:Paintsville wins in the regular season but Pikeville wins the rematch in late November.

I'm kind of leaning that way myself.
PHSFAN Wrote:Paintsville wins in the regular season but Pikeville wins the rematch in late November.

How do you know they meet again?

It could be hazard vs Raceland... Or Raceland vs Pikeville or Paintsville vs hazard or Nicholas vs Pikeville or hell Nicholas vs williamsburg..,, long time to go.... But this game will be a battle. If it was in Paintsville I'd stay and watch it since I take my son there 3 times a month..
Not as close as most apparently expect.

Pikeville 34
Paintsville 8
This one could go ether so I'm thinking Paintsville 27 Pikeville 26 in a nail biter
bac2369 Wrote:How do you know they meet again?

It could be hazard vs Raceland... Or Raceland vs Pikeville or Paintsville vs hazard or Nicholas vs Pikeville or hell Nicholas vs williamsburg..,, long time to go.... But this game will be a battle. If it was in Paintsville I'd stay and watch it since I take my son there 3 times a month..

I just personally believe Paintsville and Pikeville are a notch above the rest of class A in the east, though the gap is not near as large as last season in my opinion. Raceland and Hazard are good teams and improved from last season and Williamsburg seems much improved and have built a legit program. I admit I don't know anything about Nicholas County, they may be very good and make a deep run. Raceland and Hazard definitely have a decent shot to advance to Bowling Green but I'm personally predicting Paintsville to escape Pikeville with a big W this Friday night but I'm also predicting the two teams meet up again in the playoffs and Pikeville to advance. The loser of the Pikeville vs Paintsville regular season game has turned the tables and won the playoff rematch the past two years, i think that happens another year.
Pikeville 28
Paintsville 21

Last minute win or maybe OT
Paintsville in a close one. On the rematch, it could be spoiled by some Bulldogs.
Paintsville- 28
Pikeville- 14
bac2369 Wrote:How do you know they meet again?

This is a prediction thread, he was just making a prediction for what he persinally feels will happen. No need to get all bent out of shape.
Redneck Wrote:This is a prediction thread, he was just making a prediction for what he persinally feels will happen. No need to get all bent out of shape.

I'm not.. Just stating my point it's a new year and every team is different and who knows how it's going to be... I've spent all summer about how good Paintsville was going to be and how solid hazard was going to be.... Raceland is improved as well.. Nicholas will be tough later and after two games Williamsburg isn't to shabby and got an excellent passing game.
Pikeville 35

Paintsville 14
giving it to Paintsville by 6, It should be pretty close however it goes.
Obviously this game could go either way and wouldn't shock me to see either team win by 2 TDs. I think it will be a close back and forth game though with Paintsville squeaking out a 28-26 win...hope I'm wrong but since the loser of the regular season game has won the rematch in the playoffs the past two seasons maybe a loss Friday night wouldn't be too bad in the long run Smile
One thing is for sure this will be a battle. Key in this one will be would comes up big on the defensive end of the ball

My prediction

Paintsville 28

Pikeville 26
jetpilot Wrote:I'm kind of leaning that way myself.

Floppy sand bag melons at it again TongueirateSho
Paintsville by 2 touchdowns, Pikeville oline very soft can't run the football at all .Pass blocking not much better lucky that QB is very mobile! No running game = no state championship this year!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Paintsville by 2 touchdowns, Pikeville oline very soft can't run the football at all .Pass blocking not much better lucky that QB is very mobile! No running game = no state championship this year!
Pikeville killed themselves on several drives with uncharacteristic penalties against Letcher. They had a new C and a G that had missed the first game due to injury, then had another lineman go out before half precautionary with his shoulder. O line was a darn sight better than LCC's, who couldn't run it unless they opened a hole by holding. Shut out until final 2 mins of the game. Lol. Pikeville will be fine, one game at a time, and an awesome coaching staff to fix the issues.
Pville by 14!
Big Don Wrote:Pville by 14!

Can't go wrong with that pick now.....
no Kash no win . Paintsville gets exposed
Big Don Wrote:Pville by 14!

Big Don's not gonna tip his hand.:biggrin: