Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville looking for a new coach
I was looking at the KHSAA website today and saw that Paintsville is looking for a new boys basketball coach. Does anyone have any info about this? Wonder what's going on?
Interesting. If I'm not mistaken Paintsville has some good talent coming. I'm suprised BMR would hang it up.
Who gets this job
Anybody hearing any names for the job?
wow surprised this position is still open, better get something done and in a hurry
My prediction is Landon Slone.
THOMCAT Wrote:My prediction is Landon Slone.

That's the only name I've heard so far. Would be surprising if they don't go with him.
What about JR Vanhoose ?
Heard today that calls have been made to JR and John Pelphrey.
allseasonfan Wrote:What about JR Vanhoose ?

No, not interested, I'm happy where I am at.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:No, not interested, I'm happy where I am at.

And we are very happy to have you. An asset to our basketball team but a far greater asset to the educational process of our students.
EKB quoted BMR as saying "resignation was not my idea."

Who ran BMR out of Paintsville?
I saw that too, was also wondering about that..
BMR at one time had the keys to the Paintsville HS kingdom.........
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Real Badman Wrote:EKB quoted BMR as saying "resignation was not my idea."

Who ran BMR out of Paintsville?

"Resignation was not my idea" quote and the fact that one of his closest told me personally that one of his latest goals was 600 wins which he has not accomplished makes me feel that we will soon hear the rest of the story.
Landon Slone would be a no-brainer IMO. Familiar with the program, familiar with and supported by the community, and a hungry young coach who truly cares about the development of talent.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:BMR at one time had the keys to the Paintsville HS kingdom.........

Yea, I know..He truly was one of those coaches that could do no wrong like Johnny Martin or Denzil Halbert as far as most folks are concerned.. This strikes me as awfully funny.. hope he wasn't done wrong somehow..
Landon is ready to coach on this level. He would be a dedicated coach that is young and has a lot to offer. J.R. VanHoose as always you have my respect in your handling of situations.
Zack Klemme
‏@zklemmeADI

Just spoke more with Bill Mike Runyon. Clarifies he didn't feel "forced" out, but says Paintsville wanted him to take "substantial" pay cut.
He wasn't forced out as coach. Word I received says he wasn't rehired on his " semi-retired" 100 day contract as Vice Principal. So he would only receive the standard head coach stipend which isn't much.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:He wasn't forced out as coach. Word I received says he wasn't rehired on his " semi-retired" 100 day contract as Vice Principal. So he would only receive the standard head coach stipend which isn't much.

That's the story I heard also.
Isn't that the same thing?
Pretty sure that everyone back in Paintsville knows the real story instead of he wasn't forced out deal :ChairHit:
I think that Paintsville needs to hire Landon Slone....He has worked hard and is ready for a head Coaching job. This young man needs the opportunity to show what he can do for the program. It is time for a new era to start for Paintsville. Coach Runyon has done great for the school and has been honored as a coach. Everyone needs to support Landon Slone and Paintsville High School "Great" things will be happening there.
TigerBlues Wrote:Pretty sure that everyone back in Paintsville knows the real story instead of he wasn't forced out deal :ChairHit:

What do you mean?
Anyone have updates from the coaching search?
Honky Tonk Moma Wrote:I think that Paintsville needs to hire Landon Slone....He has worked hard and is ready for a head Coaching job. This young man needs the opportunity to show what he can do for the program. It is time for a new era to start for Paintsville. Coach Runyon has done great for the school and has been honored as a coach. Everyone needs to support Landon Slone and Paintsville High School "Great" things will be happening there.

That time somebody joined BGR just to make this post.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Heard Kevin Spurlocks name mentioned a few days ago.
Played in the annual Charlie Adkins Scholarship Golf Scramble this past Saturday. I asked a handful of people who was gonna take over, the answer I got was "I have no idea" from pretty much all of those I asked. No names were mentioned.
Landon Slone it is.

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Lando...ok_WYMT-TV