•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
I graduated JC in 1970. I think football started in '71 or '72 not sure which and I'm to lazy to use the Google machine, but Paintsville pretty much dominated JC for years in the Apple Bowl, which was hunky dory with the Tigers. Well, JC finally gets a decent coach and the tide turns. This turn of events doesn't sit well across the creek. Suddenly, it's not in their "best" interest to be playing 4A schools. It was certainly okay when they had the upper hand. Last year, they played Bourbon County, a 4A school, at BC if I'm not mistaken. A JC-Paintsville Apple Bowl would have made both schools a nice payday with no travel involved, but, it wasn't in their "best" interest.
That’s the way I am taking it TigerBlues. Did Kash not play in a All-American game prior to the Chereco regime or were they also making the calls way back then. Kash is a rarity of size and athleticism that you can’t coach and what major Division 1 schools want. You either got it or you don’t. I’m sure all of the former Eagles and Tigers on Paintsvilles roster want to play at the next level so why didn’t they make calls to get everyone of them in those camps to have the chance outperform competition if it was as easy as a phone call. Because it don’t happen like that. I’m sure other kids are working hard but will never reach the success or recognition of a Kash because they weren’t born with the natural physical abilities or the genetics from a damn good athletic family. To ride his coattails and fill young kids and parents minds by saying this is what I can do for you and where you can go if you come here because I have connections is an insult to a fine young man that took his God given abilities and worked his tail off to make his own way. Kash was going somewhere big and it wouldn’t have mattered if he played at Paintsville or Jenkins because everyone knew he had IT.
Frank Dux Wrote:That’s the way I am taking it TigerBlues. Did Kash not play in a All-American game prior to the Chereco regime or were they also making the calls way back then. Kash is a rarity of size and athleticism that you can’t coach and what major Division 1 schools want. You either got it or you don’t. I’m sure all of the former Eagles and Tigers on Paintsvilles roster want to play at the next level so why didn’t they make calls to get everyone of them in those camps to have the chance outperform competition if it was as easy as a phone call. Because it don’t happen like that. I’m sure other kids are working hard but will never reach the success or recognition of a Kash because they weren’t born with the natural physical abilities or the genetics from a damn good athletic family. To ride his coattails and fill young kids and parents minds by saying this is what I can do for you and where you can go if you come here because I have connections is an insult to a fine young man that took his God given abilities and worked his tail off to make his own way. Kash was going somewhere big and it wouldn’t have mattered if he played at Paintsville or Jenkins because everyone knew he had IT.

I've done some research into it just for shits and giggles and you are correct Frank Dux about your post, it boils down to a marketing campaign post Kash and I get that I really do for 1A football at Paintsville where it's one of the lowest enrollments in the state. But to say a coach or coaches secured D1 scholarship offers for a player especially power 5 schools is insane and that's the spin from a couple coaches and a booster from what I've learned but if it works it works.
If Paintsville's staff could create Kashes they would already have 100 of them. That's not to say they aren't a good staff, they are.
The coaches helped Kash get into a couple invite only camps, that's a fact. I clearly stated that Kash took full advantage of the opportunity and out performed the competition, which led to more invitations. He went from a 1 star recruit to a 3 star after the first camp. Nobody ever said that our coaches secured him a D1 scholarship, he did that himself with his performance, but our coaches did help him get into some camps that paved the way. As far as other kids go, there were a few others that turned down scholarships to play at the next level because they decided that college football was not what they wanted to persue.
Looking forward to the season.
Can't wait for it to get here.
Curious about the O line. I'm not concerned with the D nor the athletes at WR, RB or QB. Seem to have a lot of skill players. Top games that I can't wait to watch is Raceland and Pikeville. Raceland BIG district game for both teams.

Wish the other team across the creek the best too.Hope they can make it back to state. Test for them early on with couple of West Virginia Teams plus a 3a runner up.

Should be exciting football town in Paintsville on Friday nights.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:So are you saying that the stuff that the die hards are saying isn't true? You mean that almost half of your roster didn't come from other systems? All these accusations sounds so familiar to what most of us experienced with the entire Fairview fiasco. I can't vouch for all of the accusations that's been put on here but I do know that without a doubt that Drew O'Bryan was approached about transferring to Paintsville last summer while he was staying with his relatives in Johnson County last summer. Are you denying that also?

Facts about Drew are as follows: yes he does have relatives in Paintsville, but actually he attended JC, fine young man who is now at West Point, never stayed with that family but if he did there are few people finer. He does have friends that attended Paintsville that he has and continues to spend time with. Just as quality people as his relatives in my book. Was he recruited to go play in Paintsville, nope. Did those kids talk about what it would be like to play together, yep. At least those are the facts as I know them.
Just heard the good running back Paintsville had last year is injuried. Phelps I believe was his name. Anyone no if this is true?
Iron Horse Wrote:Just heard the good running back Paintsville had last year is injuried. Phelps I believe was his name. Anyone no if this is true?

True, injuries have plagued this kid forever
Iron Horse Wrote:Just heard the good running back Paintsville had last year is injuried. Phelps I believe was his name. Anyone no if this is true?

He's been hurt awhile.. Is he healthy?
TigerBlues Wrote:True, injuries have plagued this kid forever
I hate this if true. Talent is enormous in that kid. Much respect and prayers for speedy healing
It's hard to hear this about such a talented athlete like Kent Phelps. Hope he has a complete and speedy recovery. Much respect for him.
What's up with the coaching situation? Did he resign?
Did who resign ?
Thinking Tigers will be fine but calling on TB and Redneck???
jetpilot Wrote:Thinking Tigers will be fine but calling on TB and Redneck???

Some kind of leg injury at the EKU open camp JP
Thanks TB hope the best for the kid, like everyone on both sides of our rivalry don't want anyone hurt...
Kent tweaked his hammy at EKU back in June. He's fine, working him out slowly, not rushing anything, for what will hopefully be a long season. He also ran a 4.4 hand timed 40 at EKU the day he tweaked the hammy.
PHS4life Wrote:Looking forward to the season.
Can't wait for it to get here.
Curious about the O line. I'm not concerned with the D nor the athletes at WR, RB or QB. Seem to have a lot of skill players. Top games that I can't wait to watch is Raceland and Pikeville. Raceland BIG district game for both teams.

Wish the other team across the creek the best too.Hope they can make it back to state. Test for them early on with couple of West Virginia Teams plus a 3a runner up.

Should be exciting football town in Paintsville on Friday nights.
The Oline will be the biggest question mark. A couple returning starters and a couple that seen some good playing time. I think we might see some D-linemen play both ways this year, something we didn't do last year.
Wildcat45 Wrote:What's up with the coaching situation? Did he resign?

No idea what you're about. You were badly misinformed. The only coaching changes at PHS are baseball, girls basketball, and Coach Runyon resigned as head basketball coach last week.
Redneck Wrote:Kent tweaked his hammy at EKU back in June. He's fine, working him out slowly, not rushing anything, for what will hopefully be a long season. He also ran a 4.4 hand timed 40 at EKU the day he tweaked the hammy.

4 4 flat ? Damn. Didn't hear that one. Is it posted on any recruiting sites ?
It was the same as he ran in Columbus, I just can't remember the exact. 4.7 or 4.8. That was hand timed.
I forgot to add about the Oline. Tyler Couch is eligible now, so that will help.
Redneck Wrote:I forgot to add about the Oline. Tyler Couch is eligible now, so that will help.

That's a start but 4 freshmen on the roster?:yikes: Much more work to be done on the waiver wire.TongueirateSho
They will have to make a couple trips to the public school to get their freshman numbers up.
Had the opportunity to check out the Tigers yesterday at camp. Didn't look too bad, still have a lot of work to do.
Redneck Wrote:I forgot to add about the Oline. Tyler Couch is eligible now, so that will help.

Well what do you know yet another transfer for South Fairview. You all have no shame.
Redneck Wrote:It was the same as he ran in Columbus, I just can't remember the exact. 4.7 or 4.8. That was hand timed.

So first it was a 4.4 forty and now it was a 4.7 or 4.8?
^ The exact time was 4.45. It was hand time and not laser. Running backs coach Meyer was timing. Just wanted to clarify.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Well what do you know yet another transfer for South Fairview. You all have no shame.

Take it up with Joey Couch cry baby. He moved back to Paintsville and started an insurance company. His boy stayed in Lexington then decided that he wanted to come to Paintsville. It's funny hearing crap from an Ashland fan when all if their state championships came back in the day when the steel mills and Ashland Oil brought in all of those transfers that made up those teams. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you need to worry more about your kitty kats and less about the Class A schools.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next