•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Unless they changed it when they first started talking to them in was a one year deal
Don't know if it changed or not
How has Devin Varney looked so far? I am kinda expected him to break out as a dynamic playmaker this season.
PaytoPlay Wrote:How has Devin Varney looked so far? I am kinda expected him to break out as a dynamic playmaker this season.

They really are just getting there feet back under them this week they really
can't tell much right now but he's grew 2 inches and gained 18 pounds and he's faster and he is very excited about this year he's pumped
Warrensville almost has to be a 1 year deal. Replaces SC as a district game, and Floyd Central will take that spot next season.
By the way, what do most seniors do on a Saturday morning? Because two of ours, Jordan Scott & Cole Bentley, took 4 hours out to come work with the K-8 group at Belfry for a camp today. Two D1 football players care enough to come down and work with the kids not because anything was in it for them but because they are genuine good hearted kids who care about others more than themselves. Louisville and wherever Jordan goes are lucky to have these two.
What is the expectation for #70 this coming season. BIG kid.
Rewatching the state finals. My word! LexCath looked like Shelby Valley out there.

It will be interesting to see how Haywood sets his offensive line. Y'all think he will keep Bentley at TE or move him to tackle and put him opposite Dotson? Assuming he did you would have:

T: Bentley
G: Scott
C: Preece
G: Whitt
T: Dotson
TE: Miller? (Presumably)

Or if Cole stays put at TE, I guess a bunch of boys fight for the other spot. Needless to say - wow.
PaytoPlay Wrote:What is the expectation for #70 this coming season. BIG kid.

He played really good for us last year so we're looking for big things out of him this year Chase will be a 11th grader
I can't even picture anything but a better product on offense. Defense will miss TJ and Sanger tho for sure.
I seem to recall 0304 being real big on the Barker kid. From what I recall he had a very impressive body type and might push for some time at TE or DE (to replace TJ).

Can't help but think the best use of personnel might be to move Dove outside on D tho.
Kind of surreal... nothing official yet but this is where Calpreps/Maxpreps has Belfry ranked opening the season

#2 Overall in Kentucky behind only Triniity

#131 in the Nation

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2016/preview...Belfry_(KY)

Obviously this means absolutely nothing...but nonetheless that is unreal to think that tiny Belfry High School is considered that highly by the computers.

Also worth noting that Knoxville Catholic is ranked #133 in the country currently, Johnson Central is at #915
Those rankings are a joke. Bowling green ranked 6th. No way 5 teams are better than them. They should be ranked 2nd behind trinity.
Cole is not moving from TE.
Barker is pushing for a starting job at tackle.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Cole is not moving from TE.
Barker is pushing for a starting job at tackle.
Barker isn't released yet from his arm injury in the spring. Should be back to full contact next week. I don't see Bentley moving to Tackle.....ultimately, IMO....Barker will be the choice. Big frame, long arms.
Yeah he said he's released Tuesday. He's gotten so much stronger so fast since getting to BHS, I think he will be a good one. Coach loves Cole Bentley at TE.
It's been a pleasant surprise how NOT content these kids have been. Almost everyone of them have been busting their tails and have improved in some way.
I honestly see a ton of young men out there that's can and will be stepping up offensively and defensively. I said it before with this team it shouldn't be hard to sub in. That gives the younger experience and helps get them ready for the following year
^ name some names of kids who will contribute some of us may not know a lot about.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ name some names of kids who will contribute some of us may not know a lot about.

Right off the top of my head Ryan Jessie is one that comes to mind and
Austin Fields these two might be the ones to fill the defense spots
Hear Hazard and Belfry for another 7 on 7 this time at Belfry Thursday..
6pm
Most of these kids that will get to see a lot of playing time have been in the program sense preschool. They may not be as big but the know the game well Haywood's program well. They are smart and fast. The biggest isn't always the best. I'll take a 200 pound o tackle over the 300 plus. The big ones wear down and the little one with heart keep going all Friday night long
I don't know Belfry's 300 pounders are tough to beat haha
Ryan Jessie is awesome. 6'3 or 6'4, GREAT wheels and scrappy tough. Austin Fields is another kid that I love... I hope he comes back from his knee but he's a top notch football player. One of the better ones I've seen.

How is Koleston Blankenship adjusting?
Give me a 300 pounder every day. You only play one side of the ball at Tackle. You ain't going to wear down.
Who all out of the guys on here will be going Thursday?
personally, what's scariest is the 300 pounders with heart...
How big is that Knoxville Catholic matchup going to be?

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC
WR Amari Rodgers- Army All American, Committed to Clemson
OL Cade Mays- Army All-American, Committed to Tennessee
OL Bryn Tucker- Offered by LSU and Tennessee
DB Chase Kuerschen- Over 10 FBS Offers including Cincy, Louisiana Tech, Air Force
RB Jeffery Wood- Commited to UT-Chattanooga, offered by Middle Tennessee State and Austin Peay
WR Cam Blakely- Offered by Austin Peay
QB Chase Cunningham- Offer by Union College
LB Tony Scott- Offered by UVA-Wise

BELFRY
OL Cole Bentley- Committed to Louisville. Over 20+ D-1 offers including Georgia Tech, Virginia, Purdue
OL Austin Dotson- Committed to Kentucky.
DL Ray Horton- Offers from Florida Atlantic, WKU, Ball State, Toledo
OL Jordan Scott- Offered by Tennessee Tech
FB Andrew Fletcher- Offered by Mount Saint Joseph College, Kentucky Christian, Alfred State
DB/HB Cameron Catron- Offered by Georgetown College, Kentucky State University, Mount Saint Joseph College
QB Noah Corbett- Offered by Mount Saint Joseph College, Kentucky Christian

14 Players with a College Scholarship Offer
10 Players with D-1 Offers
5 Players committed or offered by Power 5 Conference teams
2 Players committed to SEC Schools
2 Players committed to ACC Schools
2 Arm All-Americans

I said it before and will say it again... THIS GAME NEEDS TO BE ON ESPN
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How big is that Knoxville Catholic matchup going to be?

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC
DB Chase Kuerschen- Over 10 FBS Offers including Cincy, Louisiana Tech, Air Force
RB Jeffery Wood- Commited to UT-Chattanooga, offered by Middle Tennessee State and Austin Peay

BELFRY
OL Cole Bentley- Committed to Louisville. Over 20+ D-1 offers including Georgia Tech, Virginia, Purdue
FB Andrew Fletcher- Offered by Mount Saint Joseph College, Kentucky Christian, Alfred State
DB/HB Cameron Catron- Offered by Georgetown College, Kentucky State University, Mount Saint Joseph College

2 Arm All-Americans

These national powerhouses should be televised for sure.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How big is that Knoxville Catholic matchup going to be?

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

BELFRY

2 Arm All-Americans

I wouldn't imagine Bryn Tucker starting or playing very much. As an incoming freshman the kid has a ton of potential, but as of right now I wouldn't think he is ready.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next