•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
I like where the game is on the schedule samson. I like it being the week of Halloween . I wish the school would try to put that theme into it more play with it have fun with it.I think it's a good break for the kids before the playoffs not to have a district game.Gives them a chance to loose one more game and it not hurt their seeding and still get to play the next week.

Ramcat some people can't look at their program and not look threw Homer glasses.Its ok,but sad.Probably one of the biggest reasons Raceland doesn't have a state championship is The inability to step back and look and say what do we need to change ,the direction we're going, coaching, and what are we willing to give up for that ring.There has been three teams that should have made it to the carpet for sure but coaching has let us down.Buy like you said Ramcat......it u say that on here people can't handle it.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I like where the game is on the schedule samson. I like it being the week of Halloween . I wish the school would try to put that theme into it more play with it have fun with it.I think it's a good break for the kids before the playoffs not to have a district game.Gives them a chance to loose one more game and it not hurt their seeding and still get to play the next week.

The Halloween element does add a little something extra to the atmosphere surrounding the game. The schools could promote the game as a costume party for the fans(especially students and small children) and maybe have Halloween themed concessions.

I can live with the game being where it's at on the schedule as long as both teams approach the game like they did last year. I would hate to see these two teams half @$$ it and play it safe.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I like where the game is on the schedule samson. I like it being the week of Halloween . I wish the school would try to put that theme into it more play with it have fun with it.I think it's a good break for the kids before the playoffs not to have a district game.Gives them a chance to loose one more game and it not hurt their seeding and still get to play the next week.

Ramcat some people can't look at their program and not look threw Homer glasses.Its ok,but sad.Probably one of the biggest reasons Raceland doesn't have a state championship is The inability to step back and look and say what do we need to change ,the direction we're going, coaching, and what are we willing to give up for that ring.There has been three teams that should have made it to the carpet for sure but coaching has let us down.Buy like you said Ramcat......it u say that on here people can't handle it.
Curiosity is killing me. What 3 teams should have made it to the State Championship game?
2008 and 2015 are the only 2 i can think of...
2008s flop went to coaching, imo, the best team Raceland has had.

Last year was an over all flop from the top down.

2013/2014 were great teams, but Wburg was far superior upfront in 13. 06 was good, but there was NCC.

Been some good teams, we just gotta quit shooting ourselves in the foot. Hopefully next year thats the case.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:2008 and 2015 are the only 2 i can think of...

I would put the 2006 team in that list also. They had Newcath who was the eventual state champions on the ropes in the first half of the regional championship but things fell apart and they were unable to put them away.
My freshman year I played on a team tha was easy top three all time. We were loaded and we got beat a a Bellview team that we were 40 points better then. Half of the people on our team had the flu.We got beat 10 to nothing and Bellview went to the state championship game and lost to Russellville.We didn't lose that one due to coaching just bad luck.

13 and 14 teams would have been much better with some personal changes.If u got a Conner Messer on your team and don't use him then that's coaching.The 14 them would have been a complete different team with him under center.
And yes the 06 team.Damn those boys would hit.The 98 team should have won some playoff games but........there is a lot of buts there.
I think Raceland might be cursed lol. It seems like we alway have the talent to be able to compete with anyone but for whatever reason we just can't put it together and seem to fall short.
^^^i agree.
There's always something that happens during the season that a team in this case Raceland falls apart or comes together . In 13 it was Zacks injury that team rallied after that . I remember when they game into the fairview game as underdogs they came onto to the field walking holding hands behind Zack in his wheel chair . At that moment I knew they were headed for something special .. Last year it was the fairview game again this time a loss and all the negative talk at home divided that team and they fell apart . This year lets hope they take the high road
^^^I agree here as well. That '13 Fairview game centered around the incredible speed of their backfield and the McPeek/Roark tandem upfront. Not to mention Gobel and the other hoarses they had upfront. I think we were a 10+ point underdog AT HOME to the Eagles. When we WALKED out of that tunnel and the entire crowd was damn near at a whisper, I got chills, looked at my dad and in unison we said "Fairview is getting their a$$ handed to them tonight". That game stands out to me as one of the only times we came out hitting, kept on hitting, then hit them seemingly harder when they laid down. Ive never seen a game in that series, where the losing team walked across the field with more than a minute and a half left in the ball game. That is the type of mentality that I feel this years team can/will have. We must put teams away and then crush any hopes they may have of getting back into it. We need that sense of "we are goina win, and here's why" and not "we are goina win, now lay down and let us do so". Hey, we are coming off yet another regional championship battle, in the midst of the most successful 5 year span the Rams have ever had and we are complaining? YES WE ARE. Thats what I love about our "never enough" fans. Man i am ready for August.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I agree with your prediction but out of curiosity, who is the one in your best case scenario? I also have a question for the Russell fans. During Raceland's streak against the Devil, do you think Russell is being hurt by playing us at the end of the year? I have noticed that Russell always starts out strong but ends the season limping while Raceland tends to start slower and peaks at the end of the year. I believe if this game were played in say week 4 the series record would be much different and would likely be an even series. Of course I could be wrong but that is just an observation.

I see Paintsville as the only loss. The two Ohio teams lost 15 and 17 seniors and most of there offensive production. Russell could be a loss but I think the rams have there number.

Greenup is another team that may knock the rams off... It was a 6 point game last year and they return some talent from that team...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:2008 and 2015 are the only 2 i can think of...

2008 team should of played hazard to go to state. Hazard used a power running attack moving there two tackles to the same side and run it down LCA throat...
Ohio teams did lose a bunch but if you have ever played at Portsmouth west you know your down 14 before that game starts. Ashland even though they are down will be a tough game , it's early so it's very hot and they play a lot more kids than Raceland does that always plays a part . Greenup will be the toughest team on Racelands schedule but if Grizzle is trying to change the entire offense that might not be so good for them . Paintsvlle lost to much , their line and kash , phelps will not have the luxury of teams keying on kash they will be after him with a new line
Its a tough place to play, that is 100% certain. I look for West to take a step back and be about like Fairview. Valley, comes to our house this year though, if I am not mistaken and they lose a crop of tallent. But should be a contender in their conference, they always put a good product on the field. That is my toss up game, along w greenup. I think the Rams will go 9-1 with a close loss to Valley at home. I dont expect Ashland to be Ashland. They will be solid, but I see us winning that one, atleast on paper, by 7. East is really the only game that I dont feel that we can lose. Im not predicting a bunch of blowouts though. There are several games, ie each rivalry out of district game, as well as Paintsville and the OH teams, that will likely go down to the wire. The game I have decided to circle each year, is Lawrence County. As that generally tells us where we stand at midseason, especially from a mentality standpoint. LC wont be as good as they were last year, but they were only an "ok" team when they came in and shocked us at home a few years ago. No one can be over looked. We cant let teams stay in games like we have in years past. If we get up 2 or 3 scores, let the dogs lose if u ask me. Call them off after the game is well in hand.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Its a tough place to play, that is 100% certain. I look for West to take a step back and be about like Fairview. Valley, comes to our house this year though, if I am not mistaken and they lose a crop of tallent. But should be a contender in their conference, they always put a good product on the field. That is my toss up game, along w greenup. I think the Rams will go 9-1 with a close loss to Valley at home. I dont expect Ashland to be Ashland. They will be solid, but I see us winning that one, atleast on paper, by 7. East is really the only game that I dont feel that we can lose. Im not predicting a bunch of blowouts though. There are several games, ie each rivalry out of district game, as well as Paintsville and the OH teams, that will likely go down to the wire. The game I have decided to circle each year, is Lawrence County. As that generally tells us where we stand at midseason, especially from a mentality standpoint. LC wont be as good as they were last year, but they were only an "ok" team when they came in and shocked us at home a few years ago. No one can be over looked. We cant let teams stay in games like we have in years past. If we get up 2 or 3 scores, let the dogs lose if u ask me. Call them off after the game is well in hand.

I agree put teams away and let the young ones play. Think about this we will have 22 seniors this year , they have to get some underclassmen some varsity exoerience
How many of those senoris will play?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How many of those senoris will play?
Isaac line
Bailey Rb/lb
Nathaniel qb
John cherry receiver
Blake Whitt lb
Jerome hall line
Morgan Carman line
Jarrod manis line
Josh Clark cb
Alex Willett line
Logan mauk line
And I might be missing a couple
Us Carmen for sure playing. He was removed from the team just before the Russell game last year. And from what I understand, he hasn't been involved in the spring session.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Us Carmen for sure playing. He was removed from the team just before the Russell game last year. And from what I understand, he hasn't been involved in the spring session.
Morgan had some growing up and life decisions to make . Looks like he's back on the right path and will be with the team soon
For Morgan's sake, I hope he is eligible and allowed to atleast be apart of the team. Take his being a major asset to the team off of the table for a minute. As AFN has said, he made some mistakes, some that could have drastically affected his entire life. But he has learned from those mistakes and has grown up alot. I am very proud of his turnaround and from what I can gather from several of the boys on the team, as well as the HC and Super, he is doing all the right things. Every KID deserves a second chance. Hopefully he gets his, and makes the most of it.
So how would this kid not be eligible?
bac2369 Wrote:So how would this kid not be eligible?

He hasn't done anything that would keep him from being ineligible. He just hasn't participated in spring activities.
Yes he will be eligible , like Scotty said he made some mistakes and has paid the price and looks like he's learned from them .morgan needs football as much or more than football needs him . Raceland administration from salmons to Dixon have shown Morgan tuff love
Rams have shot to go all the way. High expectations as usual. This is the year they need to make it happen, not another class like this senior class coming for a long time after this year.
Lookimg at the roster Raceland returns 17 juniors,18 sophomores and 14 freshmen... That's 51 players alone not counting the incoming freshmen. Raceland shouldn't have depth issues in my opinion.
Depth will not be a issue . Especially up front and everyone knows games are won or lost upfront that's just how it is
I wouldnt think it will be an issue. Even if its just resting guys every couple of series. That will be a huge benefit. There are atleast 4 lineman (outside of the assumed starters) that will see alot of playing time, or could potentially end up getting the start themselves. I will be interested to see what we do upfront in regaurds to possible small scale platooning. Does anyone know when the passing scrimmages are?
It's funny to hear a person say platooning in reguards to a Raceland football team.Dont get me wrong,you guys are right by suggesting that it could happen and maybe it should happen but it won't.The problem with hiring your coach from within the program is that he will coach like the man he played for 90% of the time.No way Mike platoons.You will see the best 15 to 18 play both ways as always.I hope I'm wrong but after years of watching 4 coaches coach the same way you kind of give up on this theory.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next