Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Familiar face returns to 49th
Rumor has it Coach Marcum may not have coached his last game at Keith Gymnasium. If thing work out he could return once a year but with another team
Also hearing OBI or Jackson Co are possible landing spots for Marcum
:pondering: That would be interested. I hope Robert would stay in coaching somewhere.
PapaSparks Wrote:Also hearing OBI or Jackson Co are possible landing spots for Marcum

Both of those schools has coaches unless he's willing to be an assistant there.
I heard Robinson at OBI has retired and job is open also heard Parrot at JC is looking to retire soon
PapaSparks Wrote:I heard Robinson at OBI has retired and job is open also heard Parrot at JC is looking to retire soon

I don't see Robinson retiring at OBI. Jmo :popcorn:
He won't be the coach at OBI next season
Parrott will be at Jackson County next season unless something changes soon...I'd put my money on him (Parrott) being at Jackson County next season...
64SUR Wrote:I don't see Robinson retiring at OBI. Jmo :popcorn:

Robinson is not going to Coach next year. JMO but Marcum would be a great choice for OBI. Wishing both the best.:Clap::Clap::Clap:
I believe you CellKing since you are and OBI guy. Just asking a question how many more beds will the new dorm hold for boys...Just Curious
64SUR Wrote:I believe you CellKing since you are and OBI guy. Just asking a question how many more beds will the new dorm hold for boys...Just Curious

The New Boy's Dorm will have 200 beds. That is quite an increase in the male population on campus. A Coach could do some great thing at OBI.:1::1::1:
If they can get Marcum , they should do anything.
So, OBI's enrollment is going up by 200 students? Were the old dorms filled?
Dorms aren't finished yet but the old ones weren't always at true capacity (like when enrollment was close to 500 in the 80's). I think you'll see a push to have 400-450 students at OBI in the next couple years.
PapaSparks Wrote:Dorms aren't finished yet but the old ones weren't always at true capacity (like when enrollment was close to 500 in the 80's). I think you'll see a push to have 400-450 students at OBI in the next couple years.

PapaSparks, now there is a name from the past. I went to Oneida 61-65 and Coached Basketball there 73-74 74-75 with Larry Gritton. Would love to see Oneida get back to those kind of teams.
basketball101 Wrote:If they can get Marcum , they should do anything.

Did Marcum get the Job ???:Thumbs: When will we know?
??? Any word
Blue blood Wrote:??? Any word

Don't think it worked out.
Cellking Wrote:Don't think it worked out.

Any details?
Cellking Wrote:PapaSparks, now there is a name from the past. I went to Oneida 61-65 and Coached Basketball there 73-74 74-75 with Larry Gritton. Would love to see Oneida get back to those kind of teams.

One of the better 13th Regional games I have ever seen was Evarts and Oneida in 1983. I think the score was 98-92. Both teams pressed full court and ran the fast break the whole game.
rojas Wrote:One of the better 13th Regional games I have ever seen was Evarts and Oneida in 1983. I think the score was 98-92. Both teams pressed full court and ran the fast break the whole game.

When Coach Larry was at Oneida they always pressed and ran the floor. In my opinion only way to play. I hope Oneida finds a quality coach who loves Oneida and loves Christ. Those kids deserve nothing but the best.
I guess that was the regional tournament game in 1983 at Knox Central. I drove down from Eastern to see that one. That was probably the best Evarts team I ever watched or covered.
rojas Wrote:One of the better 13th Regional games I have ever seen was Evarts and Oneida in 1983. I think the score was 98-92. Both teams pressed full court and ran the fast break the whole game.

And this was before the 3 point shot rule!
Impressive!!
Rod Rhodes can fill the dorms to capacity. All A State Champion Coach ??
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Rod Rhodes can fill the dorms to capacity. All A State Champion Coach ??

I hope this is sarcasm.
PapaSparks Wrote:I hope this is sarcasm.

One must remember what Oneida Baptist is all about. #1 Teaching kids to live a life for Christ. #2 Getting a quality education. #3 Being able to succeed in life after High School. Then if one has some ability in a sport, to enhance that ability to be the best that person can be. To become a team and play for the benefit of other team members. Don't think Rodney would be a good fit.Confusednicker:
Anyone know who they are looking at ????
Cellking Wrote:One must remember what Oneida Baptist is all about. #1 Teaching kids to live a life for Christ. #2 Getting a quality education. #3 Being able to succeed in life after High School. Then if one has some ability in a sport, to enhance that ability to be the best that person can be. To become a team and play for the benefit of other team members. Don't think Rodney would be a good fit.Confusednicker:
Not one to judge whether or not Rod is teaching Christ, but he is definitely taking under privileged kids with a poor out look on life and giving them a chance to better themselves, academically and socially. He has 3 kids playing D-1, 2 @Alice Lloyd, and a couple of others playing D-2. I don't approve of all out recruiting, but you can not say he is not helping the good of the kids.
From hearing all the talk of the Cordia fans, all those guys were Division I recruits before they got to Kentucky. It sounded like they had five or six just on last year's team.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Not one to judge whether or not Rod is teaching Christ, but he is definitely taking under privileged kids with a poor out look on life and giving them a chance to better themselves, academically and socially. He has 3 kids playing D-1, 2 @Alice Lloyd, and a couple of others playing D-2. I don't approve of all out recruiting, but you can not say he is not helping the good of the kids.

I agree Rod is helping under privileged kids. I'm surely not qualified to judge him on his Christian living. Oneida has to recruit kids for school, if I were the Coach some would be very good basketball players. lolConfusednicker: