Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2016
How will the Bobcats look, in year four of the Coach Moore era? One would think, the Bobcats should be improved with only a handful of seniors graduating, but the loss of James Fletcher Collins could be hard to overcome. What do you think?
Gonna be another tough year....... Qb should be much improved and the best player on offense. However, they will prolly be leaning on the youngest Collins to produce most of their Offense. They are still a long way off, seems to me. And the D will be as weak as ever.....
Anyone else heard rumors of possibly a "new" volunteer coach on the Riverbank in 2016???????
I've heard an old face is coming back ....
As soon as the excuses stop and accountability begins things will improve. The State does tackle, catch, or block.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:As soon as the excuses stop and accountability begins things will improve. The State does tackle, catch, or block.

I totally agree 100% with you Bull. At some point the coaching staff needs to be held accountable and the excuses need to stop. Over the past two seasons, I didn't observe any improvements from week one, to week eleven with either team. Regardless, I hope to see some improvements in "16".
bcpc Wrote:I've heard an old face is coming back ....

Me too don't know how true it is or not. I asked his wife and she just smiled
wolfcat Wrote:Me too don't know how true it is or not. I asked his wife and she just smiled

She smiles a lot.ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar:happybliss:
The cat is back in the house. Sugar Bear will be happy.
Who could it be?
I have no idea. Everyone was talking really secretive on a public message board so I thought I would try and join in the fun.
Yeah someone needs to open up hahaha.
Who else but Holcomb. Rumor is he is retiring his full time position @ LCC and is coming back to breathitt as special volunteer assistant. He will not hold a position with board as teacher or athletic director as before just coach football hopefully Kyle will allow this and not feel threatened by it.
In my opinion he would be welcomed by both Kyle and the other staff. I could see where it would be possible to feel threatened by the face of the program returning. But, Kyle is a Holcomb guy and I don't think Mike would over step given that relationship. Breathitt football is going to improve despite the posts you see here. There are guys coming up with talent and as they gain experience they will be improved. Rumor has it the youngest collins has potential to be explosive, I suppose we will see...
Hearing there may not be any Collins left at Breathitt by years end........
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Hearing there may not be any Collins left at Breathitt by years end........

????? Care to explain
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Hearing there may not be any Collins left at Breathitt by years end........

How many are left? And why??
wolfcat Wrote:????? Care to explain

Hearing they may be leaving the county......but not definitive as to where......yet. I'm working on it
As someone mentioned earlier, it is rumored that Holcomb will be on the sidelines as an assistant coach. It's just hard for me imagine, Holcomb being an assistant, at the program, in which he built, but I hope the rumor has some merit. As far as the Collins family, as long as Collins is the Athletic Director, I don't see him going anywhere. Having Holcomb back, would definitely create some much needed momentum around the program. It wouldn't surprise me, if Holcomb isn't the head coach in a couple of years.
Do not know if it is the same Collins that climbed the railing to yell at some fans during the Casey Co. debacle, but if it is, he needs to go. The fans may or may not have been out of line, but an AD or coach needs to have better discipline and be a better example. I was sitting behind the fans that he yelled at and they were questioning the defense, which anyone with any common sense would do in my opinion.

Holcomb back to Breathitt? WOW
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Do not know if it is the same Collins that climbed the railing to yell at some fans during the Casey Co. debacle, but if it is, he needs to go. The fans may or may not have been out of line, but an AD or coach needs to have better discipline and be a better example. I was sitting behind the fans that he yelled at and they were questioning the defense, which anyone with any common sense would do in my opinion.

I agree that may not have been a show of leadership. But, that was NOT a Collins. Coach Collins and his Sons have all been nothing but respectful and good representatives of the program/school/county. He 100% was not the person who yelled in the stands during the game.
Holcomb back at Breathitt. Wow, that will be a plus.
Coin Toss Wrote:I agree that may not have been a show of leadership. But, that was NOT a Collins. Coach Collins and his Sons have all been nothing but respectful and good representatives of the program/school/county. He 100% was not the person who yelled in the stands during the game.
I hope you are correct. Do not know him, just going by who they said it was in front of me. Had to take my 12 year old daughter home because she got so upset with the whole situation. As I said before the fans may have gone too far in their outbursts, I did not hear it. It was a sad situation all around that I hope never occurs again.

Does anyone know how many boys we have out at this time? I have been hearing they are working hard in the weight room this offseason. Is Holcomb helping out since retirement?
Breathitt County 2016
8/26 A Perry County Central
9/3 H Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (OH)
9/9 H Prestonsburg
9/16 A Letcher County Central
9/23 H Knott County Central
9/30 A Estill County
10/7 H Powell County
10/14 H Magoffin County
10/21 A Morgan County
10/28 A Hazard
How are the Bobcats looking this upcoming season?
Is Holcomb there? Just for fun let's go through there schedule and see the games they will (w) Win and (L) Lose.
Best case scenario:

8/26 A Perry County Central - WIN
9/3 H Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (OH) - LOSS
9/9 H Prestonsburg - WIN
9/16 A Letcher County Central -LOSS
9/23 H Knott County Central - WIN
9/30 A Estill County - WIN
10/7 H Powell County -WIN
10/14 H Magoffin County -WIN
10/21 A Morgan County -WIN
10/28 A Hazard -LOSS

Worst case scenario:
8/26 A Perry County Central - LOSS
9/3 H Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (OH) - LOSS
9/9 H Prestonsburg - LOSS
9/16 A Letcher County Central -LOSS
9/23 H Knott County Central - WIN
9/30 A Estill County - LOSS
10/7 H Powell County -LOSS
10/14 H Magoffin County -WIN
10/21 A Morgan County -WIN
10/28 A Hazard -LOSS
Bobcats will be improved losing James Fletcher will hurt tremendously. However, I think Cat Daddy's first results is the most likely with a loss to a surprise team along the way. Guys are still very very young but improving.