•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
1A should be real competitive in 2016. For the playoffs the team both Raceland and Paintsville need to keep an eye on is Nicholas County.
I agree, Nicholas suprised me last year. Very one demensional though. It takes a STELLAR, run game, to be a run dominated offense and advance deep in the playoffs. I dont think Nicholas will have enough numbers and quality depth to knock of Raceland or Paintsville. They wont be a push over though.
2000 yards return is pretty solid. There line play will depend on how well they compete against the better teams. A new QB will play factors as well getting him some varsity time as he shows no stats from last season.
I'm going with Raceland and Paintsville until someone proves me wrong
E's Army Wrote:I'm going with Raceland and Paintsville until someone proves me wrong

I can't say I don't disagree with ya but that Nicholas County team keeps me thinking.
I have huge expectations for the Rams tnext year which means absolutely zip , gotta take are of business on Friday nights. They are saying snd doing all the right things now just gotta keep their eye on the prize and keep it up . A lot of lessons learned last year .
Congrats to the 2016 seniors on their Grad night. Proud of each and everyone of them. Hopefully, their leadership, particularly Kane Snyder, in the last few weeks of the season started something that will carry over into next year.

Onto the 2016 edition of the Rams. I havent watched any work outs, outside of the weight meets, havent seen much in the way of what all they are doing in speed drills, etc. but on paper and just by looking at the kids, there has been alot of growth. Several are taller, thicker, and much stronger than they were a year ago. Bailey Walker had a good showing at regional track meet, in which Raceland took home a 4th straight championship. Bailey edged out Kent Phelps and kept pace with the Browns from West Carter. I believe he was edged out by Ethan Brown by .18 seconds in the 100 meter. That type of speed is what a healthy Bailey Walker can bring to the table, not to mention his strength. If he keeps that speed up, I will like Raceland's chances to get back on track next year. Logan Mauk and Justin Fairchild both continue to impress me in their development over the course of the offseason.

In regaurds to the freshman class coming in, Landon Mauk (Logan's younger brother) is showing signs of what he could be. Big strong kid with good hands. I expect big things from him in the future for the Rams. His best discuss throw qualified him for the state meet at 77 ft. if I am not mistaken. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this Slic Rick. Just dont drop an elbow on me. Been awhile since I looked at the results.

Big kudos to the Raceland Track staff. They are some of the most under appreciated coaches across the state. Coach Helton's development of our skill players speed has been a big part of our success over the last decade. Hats off to him and his staff. Come on August!!!!
I think Jared Manis is the only Discus thrower to qualify for the State Meet placing 2nd in the Region. He had a throw of 114 feet but was edged out by 8 inches by a Pikeville thrower. Only 1st and 2nd place qualify for State Meet. I'm not Slic Ric but I'm very sure that's the way it falls.

I do think that Raceland will shock some people when they hit the Gridiron this fall.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Bailey Walker had a good showing at regional track meet, in which Raceland took home a 4th straight championship. Bailey edged out Kent Phelps and kept pace with the Browns from West Carter.

Interesting that Mr. Walker beat an individual that was clocked with the same time that former Tomcat Baker ran the 40-4.47. Does anyone have his 40 time? Does he have the potential to be better than Baker?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Bailey edged out Kent Phelps and kept pace with the Browns from West Carter. I believe he was edged out by Ethan Brown by .18 seconds in the 100 meter.

It was Braden Brown that edged out Walker in the 100m. Bailey finished ahead of Phelps, Ethan Brown, and Pikeville's Daric Pugh. No shame in coming in second behind Braden Brown. He can pick'em up and put'em down.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I think Jared Manis is the only Discus thrower to qualify for the State Meet placing 2nd in the Region. He had a throw of 114 feet but was edged out by 8 inches by a Pikeville thrower. Only 1st and 2nd place qualify for State Meet. I'm not Slic Ric but I'm very sure that's the way it falls.

I do think that Raceland will shock some people when they hit the Gridiron this fall.

Wasn't thinking it all the way thru earlier but Landon probably qualified for the Middle School State Track Meet. If so, 77 feet is pretty awesome for an 8th grader. Great job Landon ! ! ! ! !
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I think Jared Manis is the only Discus thrower to qualify for the State Meet placing 2nd in the Region. He had a throw of 114 feet but was edged out by 8 inches by a Pikeville thrower. Only 1st and 2nd place qualify for State Meet. I'm not Slic Ric but I'm very sure that's the way it falls.

He placed 2nd to Logan Coleman from Pikeville. Logan was the 4 yr starting center on the football team.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Wasn't thinking it all the way thru earlier but Landon probably qualified for the Middle School State Track Meet. If so, 77 feet is pretty awesome for an 8th grader. Great job Landon ! ! ! ! !

You r correct. It was Middle School. Landon and Logan are my cousins. Good kids with loads of potential. They are more like my little brothers. Proud of both of them. Havent heard results from tonights meet. I know very little about track, outside of how fast a kid is, high they can jump, pole vault, etc. But seeing that a senior (one who is competing at a fairly high level so i am told) threw for over a 100ft and an incoming freshman threw for nearly 80, must have been a pretty good toss. Hopefully the hard work and competitive mindset continues into August.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:You r correct. It was Middle School. Landon and Logan are my cousins. Good kids with loads of potential. They are more like my little brothers. Proud of both of them. Havent heard results from tonights meet. I know very little about track, outside of how fast a kid is, high they can jump, pole vault, etc. But seeing that a senior (one who is competing at a fairly high level so i am told) threw for over a 100ft and an incoming freshman threw for nearly 80, must have been a pretty good toss. Hopefully the hard work and competitive mindset continues into August.
I'll go one step further, I know both Maui boys very well and they are GREAT kids and they do have a lot of potential. I expect big things from Landon in a couple years.
Raceland has closed the gap some in the district w/Fairview losing a considerable amount of talent. Is Paintsville or Raceland considered the favorite in 16?
With what they both lose/return, on paper i give the preseason edge to Paintsville. But, of Bailey Walker continues on this pace with his speed and agility training, with his already extremely physical running style, Raceland is looking better and better to me. I am one though, that is tired of being let down by my thoughts on what the Rams COULD OR SHOULD BE. So I am waiting until my Rams show me that they are legit. So for now, Paintsville is my preseason district number 1. The ground work is being laid though. In the weight room and on the track. Like what I am seeing. We were pretty banged up last year, from week 0 on. We were as close to healthy as we could have been in the regional final, and it showed. So good things are happening. But the Tigers are my preseason number 1 in the district, for the same reasons Raceland was for me last year at this time.
I feel this year's Rams will be comparable to the 2013 Region Champs. A very good size line ( Fairchild, Hall, Wallace, Manis, and possibly Carmen, with alot of experience, a returning quarterback who was coming into his own in the last few games last year, Walker and possibly Black in the backfield. Returning 8 starters on Defense. Only time will tell but Raceland is my preseason District and Region favorite.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:With what they both lose/return, on paper i give the preseason edge to Paintsville. But, of Bailey Walker continues on this pace with his speed and agility training, with his already extremely physical running style, Raceland is looking better and better to me. I am one though, that is tired of being let down by my thoughts on what the Rams COULD OR SHOULD BE. So I am waiting until my Rams show me that they are legit. So for now, Paintsville is my preseason district number 1. The ground work is being laid though. In the weight room and on the track. Like what I am seeing. We were pretty banged up last year, from week 0 on. We were as close to healthy as we could have been in the regional final, and it showed. So good things are happening. But the Tigers are my preseason number 1 in the district, for the same reasons Raceland was for me last year at this time.

I agree Scotty.

Raceland let me down last year with all they had returning. But i give the nod to Paintsville for preseason. We all get to see how these teams will do early on in the season.
it's all about attitude with the Rams , last year a certain group had a terrible one , hopefully this years seniors will provide leadership and a winning attitude . From what little I've seen but heard a bunch the whole team is working with a chip on their shoulder along with a healthy Bailey , Issac and Nathaniel we should see a group that Ram fams are use to seeing
Everyone being upset about last year, imo, speaks volumes to what a small program like Raceland means to so many in the area. The Rams were One play or atleast one TD away from a 3rd straight regional championship. It wasnt the losses from last year that got to me. It was the way, in which, we lost. The West Carter game didnt feel like a win and neither did the win against Greenup. We played in 3 games last year that we saw the real potential of the latest Rams. Russell, Bishop Brossart, and Paintsville. I really hope that next years seniors took notice of what a difference leadership will make.
They won't talk Smack, they're field performance will do their talking for them. Know them all well, and they will be ready and able to take care of business.
^^^Hope so. I cant take a loss to a better team. But losing bc of a lack of desire, going through the motions, or sense of entitlement drives me nuts.

Correct. The top 2 from each region go to state, and the next best 10. Also, if a kid finishes below 2nd but meets the state's qualifying standards, he gets to go as well.
Everbody is so excited to show up on Fridays and watch the QB run the ball 20 times a game for the Rams.Yay.......
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Everbody is so excited to show up on Fridays and watch the QB run the ball 20 times a game for the Rams.Yay.......

One thing for sure, if you don't like what's happening on the field, there's another just like it 3 miles to the south and another 11 miles to the north.
Its may and there goes the neighborhood! Cant we all just get along?lol
Gotta love those parents of last years seniors hanging around and continuing their bs
Not even close.Just a guy who can look at the program without homer glasses
don't believe that for a minute . But a agree with Boogie if you don't like it, there are plenty of other teams you can go support ..
anotherfootballnut Wrote:don't believe that for a minute . But a agree with Boogie if you don't like it, there are plenty of other teams you can go support ..

So, you're calling him a liar? Cause I know him personally and can attest to the fact that he does not have a kid on the football team.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next