Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Honeycutt to Cordia (Rumor)
I have heard Honeycutt may make a return to Lotts Creek to take over the boys program.
Would this be his 3rd time?
Honeycutt was successful there in the past. I remember when Knott Central relieved him of his duties as the Patroits head coach and sent him to the other county school, Cordia, and his Lions went on to defeat Knott Central in the first round of the district the next year. I suppose he had a big grin on his face after that victory.
Honeycutt is a good coach
basketball101 Wrote:Honeycutt is a good coach

Agree with you on that. I remember them coming up to a tournament a few years ago when he was HC. I always wondered why he left there because he seemed to have done a good job.
I heard another coach would take it from inside the region Im not going to say a name but hes a pretty good coach.
Honeycutt is the best coach that has ever coached at Cordia. They would do well hiring him again.
It wasn't Honeycutt's preference to leave the last time he was there.
I say bring back the Alpha Male Neal Feltner. He's the best coach ever in Cordia history.
They should hire jeff for coach and Neal for a janitor
Honeycutt as principal!!
bradc Wrote:They should hire jeff for coach and Neal for a janitor

Now that would be a winning combination.
The_Rock Wrote:I say bring back the Alpha Male Neal Feltner. He's the best coach ever in Cordia history.

Neal is a legend in his own mind
kryptonite Wrote:Honeycutt is the best coach that has ever coached at Cordia. They would do well hiring him again.
I think the best basketball teams at Cordia, was 1991-1999 (including a 55th District Championship over KCC 79 to 57 was 1993)
Heard today that Cavanaugh Trent may take over the team at Cordia and remain AD of Knott County. Coaching Boys HS basketball has always been a dream of Cavanaughs.
The_Rock Wrote:Heard today that Cavanaugh Trent may take over the team at Cordia and remain AD of Knott County. Coaching Boys HS basketball has always been a dream of Cavanaughs.

I love Cavanaugh. But as much as he is seen as a KCC guy. Him taking over Cordia would make alot of people on the creek very upset. It would look like a play by the school board to put a KCC guy in to keep Cordia down.
I wish cordia would just cut ties and to private since they have such a problem with the rest of knott co
bradc Wrote:I wish cordia would just cut ties and to private since they have such a problem with the rest of knott co

I think it's the other way around, Cordia has always wanted to be treated equal to KCC and that has never happened. This is a typical KCC fan response though. Don't worry, I would have been afraid of that 30 point beat down coming next season too if I was you guys. Do what you had to do to prevent family and the big school from getting embarrassed by the little ol lions
I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't care if cordia beats knott co by 200
Honeycutt did a great job when he was there before
Matt Hurt is coming back. Lol
Pat Riot Wrote:Matt Hurt is coming back. Lol
Yea and he has twin brothers 6'9 coming with him, look out, I guess the principal will choose not to hire him because he is over qualified.
Deacon Lane Wrote:I have heard Honeycutt may make a return to Lotts Creek to take over the boys program.

[Image:

]

Newsflash from the war room, Honeycutt is not going anywhere! JPC and BoPo making sure of that. Contract extension thru 2022, bolz! Ole fatpat gets amped up thinking about Honeycutt's plan with the Jada express. Add Harrington to the mix with Thornsberry and company, we be cutting down the nets. Hope Cordia gets them a good one though.......

More mash taters please!!!
Fatpat,

From what i hear , thornsberry will be gone next yr, so sounds like you are a little behind. and who is JPC? surely not the football coach. What would he have to do with anything?
coalminer Wrote:Fatpat,

From what i hear , thornsberry will be gone next yr, so sounds like you are a little behind. and who is JPC? surely not the football coach. What would he have to do with anything?

[Image:

]

Coalminey, there are no dumb questions..... There is only one JPC baby. He sits at the head of the table with ole fatpat. CT didn't bring that boy on just for football. As for Thornsberry, she will be suited up in Patriot pride next season. This train is headed for the state tournament and nobody wants to jump off this train, bolz!!! Glad ole fatpat could help you out.

#whenjpcsingsweallsing More mash taters please!!!
i heard yesterday, that most of there player is at Hazard and PCC.
if anyone think a good coach can do the same thing. i don't see cordia being one of the top teams in the 14 region again. at less not for a long time.
Any word on the job? What's the names being tossed around?
Any word on this job? Who is some of the names being tossed around?
Any word on this job? What's some of the names being tossed around?
He's a good coach