•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
I've been reading through this and I just have one question. If Paintsville and Johnson Central don't even play each other in football then why does it matter if a kid transfers to either school? It's not like the player who left will be used against the school he transferred from. In Eastern Kentucky kids go to school out of district within their county all the time and it only becomes an issue if the kid is a student athlete. Both schools are literally just a couple of miles away from each other so it's not like a kid who transfers to either school is going really far out of the way to get to school. I understand that they are separate districts but why shouldn't a kid be allowed to go to the school that a good fit for him/her to have a positive high school experience? Johnson County is relatively small and it just doesn't make sense why the two schools can't support each other for having good programs that kids want to go to.
Eagle84 Wrote:I feel sorry for you. It must be difficult for you to chew gum and walk.

That makes zero sense. You quoted THOMCAT and myself, then made this statement, lol. Zero sense at all. I'm surprised you can walk without chewing gum.
honestjchsfan Wrote:MR. BigMelons63 I know this is a Paintsville thread but I am not trolling. I call it like I see it that's why I go by honestjchsfan. I am a JCHS fan but the truth is Coach Matney made his bed and now he has to lay in it! IMO the Allen kid should have started day one in the JCHS backfield! Matney made JJ Jude into star he set rushing records but the results of those records are talented players are expecting the "JJ Jude" treatment now! IMO the Belcher kid was ever bit as talented as Jude but if you check the stats the number of carries that kid got was way less. The Allen kid has more football talent than either Jude or Belcher but he never got to start in the JC backfield until late last season. Some JCHS fans will disagree with this but they are not being honest with themselves! They're forgetting the Woodford Co game JC was up 42-7 at halftime and Jude had over 300 yards rushing and Matney elected to break a state record in the second half!

Are you serious !?!?!
Redneck Wrote:That makes zero sense. You quoted THOMCAT and myself, then made this statement, lol. Zero sense at all. I'm surprised you can walk without chewing gum.

When you made this post you down at BigMelonHead and had a few to many? :Thumbs:
So, has Paintsville completed there schedule yet?
I was informed that the Allen kid did not show up at Paintsville's football practices last week. I guess it's harder to get up for a 6:00 or 6:30 AM practice at Paintsville that for school at 8:00 at Johnson Central.
THOMCAT Wrote:I was informed that the Allen kid did not show up at Paintsville's football practices last week. I guess it's harder to get up for a 6:00 or 6:30 AM practice at Paintsville that for school at 8:00 at Johnson Central.

Hummmm... Maybe it's because the kid has to wait to be cleared to practice??? But of course we try to put down children on here instead of realize "children" have to do what their parents make them do.
THOMCAT Wrote:I was informed that the Allen kid did not show up at Paintsville's football practices last week. I guess it's harder to get up for a 6:00 or 6:30 AM practice at Paintsville that for school at 8:00 at Johnson Central.

Paintsville's spring practice isn't until the first of May.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville's spring practice isn't until the first of May.

The kid that told me that they met that morning must have been confused. Came from one of their players.
eaglemomma75 Wrote:Hummmm... Maybe it's because the kid has to wait to be cleared to practice??? But of course we try to put down children on here instead of realize "children" have to do what their parents make them do.

I'm not sure what, if any, drama is behind this discussion; however, I will NOT tolerate putting down children.

eaglemomma, please PM me the number of the post that puts down children, and I promise you I will investigate it.
Congrats to Kent Phelps on the offer from Morehead State, TongueirateShopTongueirateSho
So who else besides the kid from
JC has Paintsville added?
bac2369 Wrote:So who else besides the kid from
JC has Paintsville added?

Joy couch boy what people are saying
2 jc kids Allen brother
1 p burg
1 Lexington Catholic couch
Who from p burg?
Just a question , how do kids move to and from Paintsville and JC and play right away? Not stating bs it a ligit question . I know a parent trying to move their kid for a good reason but can't get anywhere and is very frustrated
Per Twitter, congrats to Kent Phelps picking up offer from Wofford TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
eagles2011 Wrote:Joy couch boy what people are saying
2 jc kids Allen brother
1 p burg
1 Lexington Catholic couch

Still might be a question mark on Tyler Couch. Just because his mom is still listed pretty high on the Lex Cath parents booster list.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I've been reading through this and I just have one question. If Paintsville and Johnson Central don't even play each other in football then why does it matter if a kid transfers to either school? It's not like the player who left will be used against the school he transferred from. In Eastern Kentucky kids go to school out of district within their county all the time and it only becomes an issue if the kid is a student athlete. Both schools are literally just a couple of miles away from each other so it's not like a kid who transfers to either school is going really far out of the way to get to school. I understand that they are separate districts but why shouldn't a kid be allowed to go to the school that a good fit for him/her to have a positive high school experience? Johnson County is relatively small and it just doesn't make sense why the two schools can't support each other for having good programs that kids want to go to.

Well said. As long as things are done the legal way, through the right channels, and the kid maintains a good GPA, it shouldnt matter where a kid goes to school. Be it one and done as a senior, or coming over in Jr High. Too much is "percieved" on these sites. Im guilty of it myself, but I am trying to maintain a more positive outlook on this subject.
The kid from Lex Cath jumping ship and heading to a smaller school doesnt suprise me. You may very well see more Lex Cath kids leaving after some of the things that have been going on there.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The kid from Lex Cath jumping ship and heading to a smaller school doesnt suprise me. You may very well see more Lex Cath kids leaving after some of the things that have been going on there.

With all do respect to your comment and of course you are entitle to your opinion... But let me just say thing, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what is going on at Lex Cath. NO ONE IS JUMPING SHIP! Let me guarantee you that. As far as Tyler Couch that he might be leaving, that is because daddy Joey is from, lives and has family out in Paintsville. Mommy Marsha still lives in Lexington. As far as going to a smaller school, LC only has 700 plus student body so how much smaller can you get? And if Tyler does decide to transfer out, good luck to him. He is coming off shoulder surgery this spring, only played freshman and JV last season. He might do well in his junior/ senior season :1:
I guess "jumping ship" may have been a bit harsh. Just know that there have been some significant issues within the program. Now, at a program like that, I would venture to say thise issues have been delt with in the correct manner. But, i stand by the statement that it wouldnt suprise me to see them lose a few kids over it. I have often wondered though, when we might see the Couch name back in EKY.
FBfan4life Wrote:With all do respect to your comment and of course you are entitle to your opinion... But let me just say thing, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what is going on at Lex Cath. NO ONE IS JUMPING SHIP! Let me guarantee you that. As far as Tyler Couch that he might be leaving, that is because daddy Joey is from, lives and has family out in Paintsville. Mommy Marsha still lives in Lexington. As far as going to a smaller school, LC only has 700 plus student body so how much smaller can you get? And if Tyler does decide to transfer out, good luck to him. He is coming off shoulder surgery this spring, only played freshman and JV last season. He might do well in his junior/ senior season :1:

Over 700 student body ? Paintsville less than 250 grades 7-12, that's how you smaller you can get :igiveup:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The kid from Lex Cath jumping ship and heading to a smaller school doesnt suprise me. You may very well see more Lex Cath kids leaving after some of the things that have been going on there.

Sorry to say, but that theory of " Jumping Ship " has gone and sailed away TongueirateSho. Lex Cath did not have anyone leave the program, including T. Couch. In fact a few transferred in to join the program.... The only student/ athletes that jumped ship were the alleged victim and perpetrator on that ugly situation.
I think with South Warren on the rise, more kids will look into the cross county move to Paintsville... Especially since Pikeville proved it can be won.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I think with South Warren on the rise, more kids will look into the cross county move to Paintsville... Especially since Pikeville proved it can be won.

NOT SURE WHAT US BEEN SMOKING OR JUST NOT UP TO DATE. But South Warren moves to 5 AAAAA in 2017 due to they are already bigger than some 5 AAAAA schools.
Paintsville returns 8 juniors, 11 sophomores and 13 freshmen. That is 32 kids not counting there transfers and in coming freshmen.
bac2369 Wrote:Paintsville returns 8 juniors, 11 sophomores and 13 freshmen. That is 32 kids not counting there transfers and in coming freshmen.

Out of those returning players, 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense. The big question mark will be replacing the 3 offensive linemen we lost to graduation.
Redneck Wrote:Out of those returning players, 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense. The big question mark will be replacing the 3 offensive linemen we lost to graduation.

Which positions did unlose on the line?
Redneck Wrote:Out of those returning players, 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense. The big question mark will be replacing the 3 offensive linemen we lost to graduation.

IMO, the biggest question mark will be at QB
TigerBlues Wrote:IMO, the biggest question mark will be at QB

Only if Phelps and Morris can't run the ball...
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next