•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2016
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Rumor has it that 3 players are transferring to the county. Any truth to the rumors?

Bell County? I'll ask my Corbin sources.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Did you get it?

Yes, thank you
Wildcat18 Wrote:Bell County? I'll ask my Corbin sources.

So you are sayin 3 players are transferring to Bell County?
No by "the county" I mean Whitley. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Lol
transferring to the county??? I hope it isn't Whitley County!!!! Anyone in the know of this, please don't let them do that mistake!! We can get them another school to go to where they have a chance to do something postseason
Three players? Someone has made someone mad....
bac2369 Wrote:Three players? Someone has made someone mad....

I may be wrong, but I believe this will be a non issue.
My source just informed me that it is quite possibly a 3 for 1 trade for Humfleet between Corbin and Bell County. Once again, this is nowhere near 100% confirmed.
Lol. It's to whitley. Let's be serious here. Before anybody gets their hopes up I've heard none of three even made it through summer workouts in 2015 at Corbin.
I don't see anyone getting excited, only you Corbin fans are posting.
I despise Corbin. Let's get that straight right now. My sources love Corbin. It's a love/hate relationship between us.
baller1989 Wrote:transferring to the county??? I hope it isn't Whitley County!!!! Anyone in the know of this, please don't let them do that mistake!! We can get them another school to go to where they have a chance to do something postseason

:lame:
bac2369 Wrote:Three players? Someone has made someone mad....

probably from the county to begin with.
it's true pjdoug... its a shame what talent is wasted out there and you know it. but they will never be able to compete in 5A. They just don't have the numbers and the talent to do that. it is sad, cause the facilities are top notch and the school is great at backing their programs, but you can't get the kids out and it hurts your chances. you can move a couple of key players to a small school and you have a real shot of going deep into the post season.
baller1989 Wrote:it's true pjdoug... its a shame what talent is wasted out there and you know it. but they will never be able to compete in 5A. They just don't have the numbers and the talent to do that. it is sad, cause the facilities are top notch and the school is great at backing their programs, but you can't get the kids out and it hurts your chances. you can move a couple of key players to a small school and you have a real shot of going deep into the post season.

They compete in 5A right now. Are they state championship competitive , no, but the do fine in district and region. I remember a time when Pulaski was written about, they will never compete, coming from the smaller school in county. We all see how that turned out. Never say never, my friend. Corbin needs to worry about why they lost three and less about where they go and how good that team is.
baller1989 Wrote:it's true pjdoug... its a shame what talent is wasted out there and you know it. but they will never be able to compete in 5A. They just don't have the numbers and the talent to do that. it is sad, cause the facilities are top notch and the school is great at backing their programs, but you can't get the kids out and it hurts your chances. you can move a couple of key players to a small school and you have a real shot of going deep into the post season.

After reading where you are from, Williamsburg I see the comment as being please come to us. We have lost all of our recruits and can't compete.
Paul Crewe Wrote:They compete in 5A right now. Are they state championship competitive , no, but the do fine in district and region. I remember a time when Pulaski was written about, they will never compete, coming from the smaller school in county. We all see how that turned out. Never say never, my friend. Corbin needs to worry about why they lost three and less about where they go and how good that team is.

Just to expand on the Pulaski comparison, PC lost three players in 2014 to a cross-town rival and ended up winning the title the following year. Sometimes losing players is a good thing. (No offense to the players.) Players need to evaluate their own desire before they evaluate school selections. Some programs require you to put in more work than others.
Paul Crewe Wrote:They compete in 5A right now. Are they state championship competitive , no, but the do fine in district and region. I remember a time when Pulaski was written about, they will never compete, coming from the smaller school in county. We all see how that turned out. Never say never, my friend. Corbin needs to worry about why they lost three and less about where they go and how good that team is.

Corbin shouldn't worry about either. Is it considered a transfer if they weren't playing to start with?
I saw one playing. It is a transfer. Since I think a transfer is changing schools. Has nothing to do with a team. So , I call it a transfer.

If you call finishing third in the worst district in 5a, and getting beat by 22 points in the first round of the playoffs competing. That statement says all that needs to be said about Whitley county football. And to further expand on the whole Pulaski county comparison. Pulaski county has 2 5a schools and a 2a school. if I'm not mistaken Pulaski received a large group of players who transferred in as freshman 4 years ago. Jim black took Whitley as far as Whitley can be taken, 2008 is the ceiling.
Whitley County will get better every year, if that upsets you, good. Statements like," they will never"...shows you now nothing about any sport. I guess you know when something is right, opponents start talking. So all in all, thanks, just keep that train of thought, we will be fine.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I saw one playing. It is a transfer. Since I think a transfer is changing schools. Has nothing to do with a team. So , I call it a transfer.

I'm all about what's best for the kids. I honestly didn't think he played. He and whitley would both benefit by him being part of their football program. I assume since he did play for Corbin this past year he may have to sit out this season at Whitley.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm all about what's best for the kids. I honestly didn't think he played. He and whitley would both benefit by him being part of their football program. I assume since he did play for Corbin this past year he may have to sit out this season at Whitley.

Be careful, by posting respectful and thoughtful post , you will not be considered a Corbin fan. LOL I agree with all of this post.
now don't get crazy Paul Crewe.... they've only competed in Region once in the past 15 yrs. I believe, so that's not exactly "doing fine" in the region. I could be wrong Whitley County fans... I'm not beating the football program up necessarily but to state the obvious that they won't and haven't competed in 5A like they should. They can't retain their players after their freshman yr. at that school. I'm merely suggesting to compete locally in the post season, your chances are much better at the smaller schools. And if it helped to move some kids to those schools to allow them to enjoy the benefits of competing in the post season then so be it... it always makes me laugh when someone mentions Williamsburg and how they can't compete. but yet they do year in and year out. They are celebrating their 75th yr of football and have averaged 6 wins over that 75 year span. Region titles, SEKC titles, District Titles, and yes.. 2 state runners up titles ( but we had help from kids up north....hahaha) but anyways, haters gonna hate..
I never said anything bad about these kids and I never said that I didn't pull for Whitley county. I hope they do well. My post was in response to you saying that Whitley competes in 5a. They don't. i would love to see Corbin, Whitley, and Williamsburg in bowling green in December. Whitley is by far the least likely to make it. If those kids couldn't help Corbin and can help Whitley then it's a no brainer imho. They need to transfer. There are very few kids who play all four years and never help Corbin though. They may not be a starter but having upper class men on special teams is a big benefit though. Best of luck to these young men and Whitley going forward.
Wow, east Ky folk, "Can't we all just get along?"
Good , however, with the state of programs are today, Williamsburg would be by far the least likely. Corbin has a shot. That is what I am speaking about with knowledge of state programs. I may have overreacted , but it makes me wonder when people say we don't need the kids and go to Whitley because they are terrible. I would think any program would want all their kids, especially those who played. He played in the opener. Just a thought.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I never said anything bad about these kids and I never said that I didn't pull for Whitley county. I hope they do well. My post was in response to you saying that Whitley competes in 5a. They don't. i would love to see Corbin, Whitley, and Williamsburg in bowling green in December. Whitley is by far the least likely to make it. If those kids couldn't help Corbin and can help Whitley then it's a no brainer imho. They need to transfer. There are very few kids who play all four years and never help Corbin though. They may not be a starter but having upper class men on special teams is a big benefit though. Best of luck to these young men and Whitley going forward.

Maybe you need to define compete for me.
To me competing in a respective classification is to be Ranked in the top 10 in said classification, or at least top 15. When you have reached this level then you have a chance to win against any team you play in your class, maybe not a great chance, but a legitimate chance. You should also be playing for region titles consistently. Whitley has been there on more than one occasion. I hope they get back there. Especially now that Corbin and Whitley are playing again. That game is now one of the ones I look forward to the most. There is no more wondering who is better. It's settled on the field.
I can agree with that ,exception , competing for region every year. Competing is to me being in games with a chance to win. But that is ok. If people are wondering who is better then I believe that team has achieved competing status. Since 89 Whitley is about 170- 120 around .600 ball. I think we are competing. You may not , but we can disagree.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next