•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amos McCreary Named Bell County Head Football Coach
William Muney Wrote:Shows how much some of you guys know. Where was spring practice going to be held last year??? The field was destroyed and so was practice field across the road.

Thats fine but we have ran the same offense for years with a very vanilla defense. Discipline and familiarity has always been our strength. Right now don't think we have either. New coach is hired new system being put in. With all do respect the admin chose him they need to get his a$$ here.
IDK, maybe, Old Bell High.
Has anyone heard what Mills and Hoskins are going to do. Its unlikely but i could see Fred staying and being whatever kind of coach Mccreary wants him to but, but there is no way that Mills is going to stay???
Finis Wrote:His brother who will call plays is not exactly well thought of in Harlan Co. What experience does he have calling plays on any level?

He was an assistant coach at Evarts and then he was an assistant at Harlan County when the school opened. Coach Larkey told me once that Freddie was a good play-caller and thought like him, even though coach Larkey actually called the plays. I know most of you guys are determined to be negative, but I always thought Freddie was a good coach in several sports.
redrocket Wrote:Thats fine but we have ran the same offense for years with a very vanilla defense. Discipline and familiarity has always been our strength. Right now don't think we have either. New coach is hired new system being put in. With all do respect the admin chose him they need to get his a$$ here.

You have not seen a vanilla offense till you see double tights and a power I. That is what you are getting. And an offensive coordinator that has never really coached football at all especially call the offense.
redrocket Wrote:Thats fine but we have ran the same offense for years with a very vanilla defense. Discipline and familiarity has always been our strength. Right now don't think we have either. New coach is hired new system being put in. With all do respect the admin chose him they need to get his a$$ here.

If the brother is running the offense, the kids will be very familiar with it. There could be different nomenclature, but it will be the same concepts. Actually, there'll be less of the shot gun stuff than before if that's possible. On defense, the change will be felt more though.

Why can't the brother drive down from Harlan County every day and conduct practices?
HCS Wrote:He was an assistant coach at Evarts and then he was an assistant at Harlan County when the school opened. Coach Larkey told me once that Freddie was a good play-caller and thought like him, even though coach Larkey actually called the plays. I know most of you guys are determined to be negative, but I always thought Freddie was a good coach in several sports.

The only negative comes from the lack of responsibility from the administration and now the coaching staff. In other words do what they are supposed to and there will be no negatives.
All this worry and Bell will be in the region finals next year. They might not win the region, but I wasn't expecting them to even before all of this because of what Corbin has returning and what Bell lost up front.
So, if we are in the regional finals we will beat Corbin in the second round? Ok I am good with that, if you say so. No work in spring , no lifting and we will beat Corbin in second round. Good.

Will we win the District as well?
We have people who live in a fantasy land.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:We have people who live in a fantasy land.

Auburn doesn't know how playoffs work for us, but knows how we will do.
HCS Wrote:Coach Larkey told me once that Freddie was a good play-caller and thought like him, even though coach Larkey actually called the plays. I know most of you guys are determined to be negative, but I always thought Freddie was a good coach in several sports.

Well that is a little different story than what I have heard him say?
HCS Wrote:He was an assistant coach at Evarts and then he was an assistant at Harlan County when the school opened. Coach Larkey told me once that Freddie was a good play-caller and thought like him, even though coach Larkey actually called the plays. I know most of you guys are determined to be negative, but I always thought Freddie was a good coach in several sports.

Great endorsement coming from the great play caller of Tom Larkey!!! Confusednicker: His offenses made the offense here over last 20 years look cutting edge.
Redwolf Wrote:Why can't the brother drive down from Harlan County every day and conduct practices?

B/C that involves work!!
From what I am gathering is money is a very big reason for most of this. Cost to much to drive to Bell from Harlan Co. and from Ga. don't want to use sick days.
TopCat Wrote:Great endorsement coming from the great play caller of Tom Larkey!!! Confusednicker: His offenses made the offense here over last 20 years look cutting edge.

It worked well enough to beat Bell 10 or 11 times. I don't know if anyone has done that since the school opened.
Let's put that into perspective , the school has been open how long?
Did we hire a coach or not? Why are we not working? Maybe Gambrel can answer that one. This has been a cluster from the start, and looks as if it still is.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Let's put that into perspective , the school has been open how long?

31 years
Here's some more perspective.
I doubt very many coaches, if any, beat the old Bell County more than 11 times.
How long was Chalk Stapleton at Middlesboro? If anyone did, I guess it had to be him.
Old Bell High, many more. If you are talking about Dudley at new Bell High probably no one. Especially , Middlesboro , just beat Dudley once.
Yeah, I agree about the new school.
I meant Middlesboro beating old Bell. I'm sure Corbin beat them a lot, too.
Any news on when these coaches may want to work? What does next week sound like to them? Will we have any practices?
Madness Wrote:Any news on when these coaches may want to work? What does next week sound like to them? Will we have any practices?

Don't seem like the priority is these kids. They have been cheated through this whole process. He should have never been hired if he can't be here.
Kind of off topic but with all the talk of Bell winning and losing to teams. Does any one know what team or coach has had most wins vs Bell or best success against Bell.
Madness Wrote:Any news on when these coaches may want to work? What does next week sound like to them? Will we have any practices?

I will say it would have been one of the conditions for me in a hire, that spring ball be addressed to the full extent. Especially, how the hire was handled and what has already been missed. Something is not right here and the administration better get it figured out. I know a lot of people are getting very tired of the half a$$ approach to a very good football program.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I will say it would have been one of the conditions for me in a hire, that spring ball be addressed to the full extent. Especially, how the hire was handled and what has already been missed. Something is not right here and the administration better get it figured out. I know a lot of people are getting very tired of the half a$$ approach to a very good football program.

I have to agree. He told the players and the media that spring ball would start on the 18th. It has come and gone. I would not have hired him if he couldn't all ready be here. It looks like to me he isn't invested in our kids at all.
former Wrote:Kind of off topic but with all the talk of Bell winning and losing to teams. Does any one know what team or coach has had most wins vs Bell or best success against Bell.

I'm guessing Larkey has the most wins against Bell, since the new school opened.
Not sure on winning percentage. Maybe one of the teams that beat them in the playoffs a few times. As for local coaches and winning percentage, my guess would be Jim Cullivan at Cawood in the 1980s.
HCS Wrote:I'm guessing Larkey has the most wins against Bell, since the new school opened.
Not sure on winning percentage. Maybe one of the teams that beat them in the playoffs a few times. As for local coaches and winning percentage, my guess would be Jim Cullivan at Cawood in the 1980s.

I don't think so. I would think that Corbin as a school maybe Larkey as a coach.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I don't think so. I would think that Corbin as a school maybe Larkey as a coach.

Or maybe Rockcastle when they were in same district and region.

Was Corbin and Bell ever in same dist before the recent years.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next