Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 53 Christian County 50 final
Congrats to south laurel.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Once again, just because it's on the Internet, doesn't make it true. Lol. We sit with several of the CC players family today and they even said none of them had D1 offers. The stud point guard of their's doesn't even have any offers. But keep picking against South and hating on them, because it's working in their favor right now.

I'm very close friends with 1 VCU coach and 1 Xavier Coach and can confirm that CC has multiple players with offers from each school, furthermore I work for a recruiting service and can confirm again that CC has 6 players with D1 offers, and another with a few D2 offers. I know you know everything though but that's none of my business.
checkmate9113 Wrote:I'm very close friends with 1 VCU coach and 1 Xavier Coach and can confirm that CC has multiple players with offers from each school, furthermore I work for a recruiting service and can confirm again that CC has 6 players with D1 offers, and another with a few D2 offers. I know you know everything though but that's none of my business.

If CC has 6 D1 players they should fire their coach.
missthefield Wrote:Christian County is one of the most talent rich areas in the state of Kentucky and chokes at the state tournament again, losing only to out of state teams twice. They have been to the state as much as any school and have little to show for it, they just can't seem to do it on the big stage, tons of individual talent but no team concept, maybe Hoptown should have represented the second region, I don't think they would have rolled over.

sounds like Madisonville when Travis Ford was there,beat teams ranked high in the country not just state and choke every year at state..
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If CC has 6 D1 players they should fire their coach.

For what? Going 33-3? Losing to 1 team in the state? Playing a team who slowed them down and made it a half court game? Believe it or not 33-3 is actually a good record considering the teams they played. Yeah let's fire him, he failed to reach the ultimate 40-0 like Calipari. Let's fire him too while we are at it. Let's just fire all the coaches who don't go undefeated!
checkmate9113 Wrote:For what? Going 33-3? Losing to 1 team in the state? Playing a team who slowed them down and made it a half court game? Believe it or not 33-3 is actually a good record considering the teams they played. Yeah let's fire him, he failed to reach the ultimate 40-0 like Calipari. Let's fire him too while we are at it. Let's just fire all the coaches who don't go undefeated!

I was being facetious. Don't give me that Calipari crap. I've never seen Calipari lose to a team with no D1 scholarship players on it. You said CC had 6 D1 players. If a coach can't win when all of his starters and 6th man are D1 kids against at team that has none then yes he failed. He rode talent to his record, but It showed he can't coach in the end. Or they don't have 6 D1 players...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I was being facetious. Don't give me that Calipari crap. I've never seen Calipari lose to a team with no D1 scholarship players on it. You said CC had 6 D1 players. If a coach can't win when all of his starters and 6th man are D1 kids against at team that has none then yes he failed. He rode talent to his record, but It showed he can't coach in the end. Or they don't have 6 D1 players...

So he didn't lose to a Robert Morris team with 1 scholarship player who was out due to injury? Clearly those losses to GW was fake too. They only had 2 scholarship players who were freshman and redshirted. I'm anxious to here your next know it all statement.
If he is a bad coach then why did he press in the fourth? Lucky guess? Of course. Maybe he knew he could hurt them pressing. He also might've known that pressing then then didn't give South much time to adjust. I'm sure you were there giving all the good coaches advice and telling the bad coaches "told you so". Btw aren't you up for hire for the San Antonio Spurs job when Pop retires?
I concede. It's just not often you see players averaging 3-6 points and 2 rebounds receiving D1 scholarships.