Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 82 Magoffin Co 61
Final from East Ky Expo Center in the 15th region semi's. Lawrence put the hammer down tonight and showed who the team to beat is. Too many athletes for Magoffin to try and contain.
Wanna congratulate Robert Dalton for surpassing 2,000 points for his career.
Congrats to Robert Dalton on the scoring mark, also to the Bulldogs for making it to the championship game two years in a row. I'm hoping they get it done this year and make us proud at Rupp. Also congrats to Magoffin County on a great season.
How about those Bulldogs 28-4 just DO IT.
JC your next congrats to magoffin on a great season.
Fighter09 Wrote:Final from East Ky Expo Center in the 15th region semi's. Lawrence put the hammer down tonight and showed who the team to beat is. Too many athletes for Magoffin to try and contain.

It was a 5 point ball game with 4 min to go in the game. Alot closer than the score shows. We did contain them pretty well.
Great season hornets, you did very well this year and should go far next year also. Be proud of what you did this year.
Great game for Lawrence , great season for Magoffin County they got all 5 starters back keep working
Hornet dad Wrote:It was a 5 point ball game with 4 min to go in the game. Alot closer than the score shows. We did contain them pretty well.

Pretty sure you are off on that statement. I was there. It was a 5-point game with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, then LC took the lead back to double figure at the end of the 3rd quarter. I think Magoffin cut the lead to 8 points in the 4th, that was the closest they got though.

Congrats on a great season though.
Hornet dad Wrote:It was a 5 point ball game with 4 min to go in the game. Alot closer than the score shows. We did contain them pretty well.

It was not a 5 point game with 4 minutes to go. I was at the game and Lawrence led from start to finish and the game never got closer than 8. Even when Magoffin hit 3 straight 3's. There was no containment. When Lawrence did take their starters out they were up by 18. Not sure if you Hornet fans are looking for a moral victory, but you all got beat and beat bad by a much better team.
Fighter09 Wrote:It was not a 5 point game with 4 minutes to go. I was at the game and Lawrence led from start to finish and the game never got closer than 8. Even when Magoffin hit 3 straight 3's. There was no containment. When Lawrence did take their starters out they were up by 18. Not sure if you Hornet fans are looking for a moral victory, but you all got beat and beat bad by a much better team.
You are a sad individual to talk about kids after they had a great season and I'm not going to argue with a child, but it was a closer ball game than the score shows, Lawrence co. played outstanding and deserved the win, it might have been an 8 point game with 4 min to go but we did have it with in 5 points in the second half.
Hornet dad Wrote:You are a sad individual to talk about kids after they had a great season and I'm not going to argue with a child, but it was a closer ball game than the score shows, Lawrence co. played outstanding and deserved the win, it might have been an 8 point game with 4 min to go but we did have it with in 5 points in the second half.

Wait. I am not talking and calling out any kid. Where did that come from? It was not a closer ball game than it shows. I hate when people say that. The score is the score period.

Magoffin County..... you guys hit some of the deepest 3 point shots I've seen in a row that kept your team close in the game. If your guys shots dropped in the 1st half like they did in the 4th qtr., your team wins.

The 4th qtr. was 3 Point-Mania......... but NO coaching from Magoffin County's bench. It was come down the floor, shoot a 3 pointer and hope for the best.

LC on the other hand, called a timeout and set up their game plan..... they pressed in the 4th and slowed the game down when they had possession.

LC may have better athletes than MC, but this game was won with better coaching.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Another thing..... MC was visibly flustered and had some lazy turnovers that killed their momentum when they would start to make a run in the 1st half.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Magoffin County..... you guys hit some of the deepest 3 point shots I've seen in a row that kept your team close in the game. If your guys shots dropped in the 1st half like they did in the 4th qtr., your team wins.

The 4th qtr. was 3 Point-Mania......... but NO coaching from Magoffin County's bench. It was come down the floor, shoot a 3 pointer and hope for the best.

LC on the other hand, called a timeout and set up their game plan..... they pressed in the 4th and slowed the game down when they had possession.

LC may have better athletes than MC, but this game was won with better coaching.
I agree, magoffin still had a chance with 3:00 to go and started launching prayers and not looking for a patient shot, but that goes to experience, and LC had that on them. But all and all a fun game to watch.
I was not at the game but listen to it on the radio, and to be honest MC was making me a little nervous in the 4th. MC has nothing to hang their heads about they fought to the very end. They a great year and should very excited about next year.
It looks like they have a group of kids that are underclassmen, that much like the group of SR. That LC has will put MC back in contention in the 15th region in multiple sports.
Congrats on great year!
Lawrence was the better team , to say it was coaching is crazy , let's see what Lawrence Coach coach does next year when and the year after . When he has to build a program not get one handed to him . With the Dalton boys moving to Lawrence made the last four years possible .
basketball101 Wrote:Lawrence was the better team , to say it was coaching is crazy , let's see what Lawrence Coach coach does next year when and the year after . When he has to build a program not get one handed to him . With the Dalton boys moving to Lawrence made the last four years possible .

Magoffin's coach, who I don't know & he might be a great guy, looked like a lost ball in high weeds last night. His hands out to the side while looking down at the floor and shaking his head could be a Saturday Night Live skit.

As for the bolded......
LC called a timeout in the 4th after they scored a basket to set up the defense. And I believe they came out and pressed.

Coaching isn't just about X's & O's or play calling. In-game management and being able to make adjustments on the fly is part of coaching.
Hard to believe the LC coach outcoached anybody.
Wait until next year , lawrence county coach will be looking straight up . Pay back for this year will be tough .
LC will still be competitive next year, and with their 7th grade team winning their conference championship and the 8th grade team being the conference runner up the future for LC basketball is not as dim as most of you would like.
Fighter09 Wrote:It was not a 5 point game with 4 minutes to go. I was at the game and Lawrence led from start to finish and the game never got closer than 8. Even when Magoffin hit 3 straight 3's. There was no containment. When Lawrence did take their starters out they were up by 18. Not sure if you Hornet fans are looking for a moral victory, but you all got beat and beat bad by a much better team.
I don't know what game you was at but 6:45 to go in the game it was 57-52, I think that is a 5 point difference where I live.
Hornet dad Wrote:I don't know what game you was at but 6:45 to go in the game it was 57-52, I think that is a 5 point difference where I live.

You lost. Suck it up and deal with it. I knew you Magoffin fans would be making every excuse.....refs, or whatever. You got beat and beat by 21 by a much much better team...just let it go and root on the Bulldogs to state!!
Fighter09 Wrote:You lost. Suck it up and deal with it. I knew you Magoffin fans would be making every excuse.....refs, or whatever. You got beat and beat by 21 by a much much better team...just let it go and root on the Bulldogs to state!!

I haven't made one excuse for the loss, we lost and the better team won, that's fine. But all you do is run down the mchs players and fans, you are the one that should stop running your lip. These boys worked very hard for what they achieved this year , they deserve respect for that.