Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Regional Tournament Semifinal- Lawrence County vs Magoffin County
This will be a great game I believe. I'm going with the Bulldogs 80-75. Who you got?
Lawrence by 12-15. Lawrence had a horrendous shooting night in the 1st round.
If Magoffin had Isaac then they would have a real chance to win, but I believe Lawrence will be a bit too much
Should be a great game , expo is hard to shoot in
If magoffin comes ready to play and keeps there nerves under control they have a great chance to pull out a victory. should be a great game. I think who ever wins this one will go to Rupp.
Lawrence 78
Magoffin 61
Lawrence just has too many athletes and have 5 threats to score on the floor compared to 3 for Magoffin. Russell kid can score though and I'm sure will get his usual 25 pts.
Fighter09 Wrote:Lawrence 78
Magoffin 61
Lawrence just has too many athletes and have 5 threats to score on the floor compared to 3 for Magoffin. Russell kid can score though and I'm sure will get his usual 25 pts.

I think this HAS to be a statement game for LC. If they squeak by Magoffin, and JC wins, I think the nerves will be a bit more than normal for the championship. I don't have any knowledge of Magoffin other than they have a scorer and a kid named Lovely that is very athletic. LC does have 5 potential score threats, but the shooting the other night was far less than desirable. They would go up double digits on Pikeville, then take a lot of bad shots and allow Pikeville cut the lead and then wash rinse repeat the process another 4 or 5 times throughout the game. That scenario is DANGEROUS this time of year. If you allow teams you are favorited over stay in the game and not put them away....you are asking for an upset. We see it every year in the NCAA tourney.

My prediction (and I hate predictions....don't like doing them):

LC 76
MC 62
Magoffin by 5
Lawrence County. Let's be honest..... this is LC's 'Now or Never' season.

If LC doesn't win the region this year, IMO, they never will.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Magoffin has had a great season , even after loosing the Isaac kid . If the shoot it well watch out . Lawrence is a great team they better come to play
LC beat MC double digets earlier in the season I see more of the same in this one,

LC 75
MC 61
Lawrence 69 Magoffin 59
It's LC game to lose (watch for a big 4 quarter) Bulldogs by 18
Lawrence County year. :Cheerlead

Lawrence County 84
Magoffin County 64