Wednesday
Knox Central vs North Laurel 6:30 pm
South Laurel vs Bell County 8:00 pm
Thursday
Harlan County vs Corbin 6:30 pm
Clay County vs Barbourville 8:00 pm

Should be a great tournament.
Semi-finals Saturday at 1 and 2:30. Championship Monday night at 7:30
This will be well worth the price of admission!
North v/s South = South
Corbin v/s Clay = Clay

Clay v/s South = South Laurel champions
I know a draw is random, but if I had been seeding them, this is exactly the way my bracket would have looked. About as fairly distributed as could be. If next Saturday is South vs. North then Clay vs. Harlan Co., that will potentially be one of the best semifinal rounds I can ever remember, sure hope that's how it goes.
Van Hagar Wrote:I know a draw is random, but if I had been seeding them, this is exactly the way my bracket would have looked. About as fairly distributed as could be. If next Saturday is South vs. North then Clay vs. Harlan Co., that will potentially be one of the best semifinal rounds I can ever remember, sure hope that's how it goes.

Again, excellent post. I agree 💯 percent.
This is going to be a fantastic tournament. I wish I could get down there to watch it in person but will definitely be checking the updates of each game on here. Good luck to all teams.
Nobody has a cake walk in this regional tournament. This will be six of the best games you'll see all year.

13th Region rocks!!!!
By NO means am I counting any of these teams out. BUT, I see a potential of a Black Bear/Tiger matchup, and it makes my heart skip a little.

I've been wanting to see this game all danged year!!!!
Love to see a north/south and harlan co./clay co. semi.
Trap games everywhere in this wide open tourney
I like south laurel they've played well lately

Don't sleep on Harlan co.
Granny Bear Wrote:By NO means am I counting any of these teams out. BUT, I see a potential of a Black Bear/Tiger matchup, and it makes my heart skip a little.

I've been wanting to see this game all danged year!!!!

Upset of the year. Harlan Co Black Bears 13th region champs. 2016
Knox Central over North Laurel. Gonna shut Broughton down. Carten with 28 points to lead the panthers
Watch out for Corbin and coach P with Taylor. Nobody can stop this kid. Why not?!!!!
Never been to the arena. Is it all general admission or are there reserved seating??
TSizzle Wrote:Never been to the arena. Is it all general admission or are there reserved seating??

Both. The have reserved seats that are basically from one end of the benches to the other that are $9.50. Reserve floor seats in those padded chairs for $15.50.(I think) Then the general admission that is basically the corners and end zones for $8.50.
South Laurel is you're 13th Regional Champ. Marked ii down,Paste it,Share it and enjoy the ride to Rupp. 64SUR. :truestory:
TSizzle Wrote:Upset of the year. Harlan Co Black Bears 13th region champs. 2016
Would NOT be an upset.
IMO, no matter who wins the 13th, it will not be an upset.

TSizzle Wrote:Never been to the arena. Is it all general admission or are there reserved seating??
Prices listed above are correct from last year. I like general admission. Smile
Bell Co South Laurel game could be a very intesting one because of the style and coaching both teams have to do don't be surprise if Bell don't get one here
^I would.
IMO the 13th is the strongest region in southeastern KY. It's any teams tournament. The team who shows up to play and wants it the most will win.
Knox Central and North will be the best 1st round game, followed by Corbin and Harlan County. Knox will have a chance for the upset. Harlan County is better and will win, but you just can't count the Hounds out with Coach P calling the shots. Clay and Barbourville looks better than it is. South handles Bell. Semis, South moves on over the toss up winner, Harlan County and Clay have a classic with foul trouble deciding the game. Too close to call, but it won't matter as South defeats the winner in the finals. Hope I'm wrong and Clay wins it, but that's how I see it.
Let me return your earlier compliment by saying I think you are dead on with your breakdown. I don't think Bell or Barbourville have any type of real hopes, but I look at Knox/North as a 50/50. And normally I wouldn't give Corbin much of a chance in this spot--if Tony P didn't have an awfully good track record in games like this. Still think Harlan Co. will win that one though, and like you, I think South wins in the semis on their side of the draw, then will beat whoever is standing in the finals. I lean towards Clay to get there, but by say one point. In two overtimes.
I'm soooo excited about these games!!!!
Ky storm Wrote:Bell Co South Laurel game could be a very intesting one because of the style and coaching both teams have to do don't be surprise if Bell don't get one here
Good luck with that prediction
South has been practicing on college courts getting ready. Feel like they will come ready to go, and build off the corbin game. South Laurel 2016 Region Champs!
South Laurel is a fine team and IMO it will take a different style and coach to get em like Bell Co... They are very different and patient with the ball
I think the region is wide open. Each team there isn't there by accident. All 8 teams have strengths and all 8 teams have weaknesses. Plus playing on the Arena floor is another huge adjustment that all the teams must make. The team that can adjust the best, play to their strengths, and limit their mistakes and do this over 3 games wins this. That could be anybody.
64SUR Wrote:South Laurel is you're 13th Regional Champ. Marked ii down,Paste it,Share it and enjoy the ride to Rupp. 64SUR. :truestory:

Well its over now I was only trying to help posters to win some money on who was going to win the region. :relaxing: