Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hampshire GOP Race
Tonight's debate was a very bad one for Marco Rubio, IMO. Chris Christie really had him rattled early by pointing out how Rubio memorizes 25 second speeches and just look for a chance to deliver them. Rubio proceeded to repeat the same mini-speech about Obama almost verbatim at least three times during the debate. Rubio did much better in the second half, but the damage had been done.

I thought Kasich and Christie had the best debate tonight. I also thought Cruz did very well, as did Jeb Bush.

I thought Trump had a terrible debate, but the people on TV and Mark Levin thought Trump had a good debate. The audience booed Trump on at least two occasions and they did not boo any of the other candidates. I guess we will find out how he did on Tuesday. I still think Trump will top the voting but I think he hurt himself tonight on the eminent domain question and with his sore loser, cheap shot at Cruz before his closing statement.

I would not be surprised to see Kasich finish second and Rubio to slip to fourth or fifth. I guess Orin Hatch and the rest of the GOPe need to ask Christie to pull his punches against Rubio.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Tonight's debate was a very bad one for Marco Rubio, IMO. Chris Christie really had him rattled early by pointing out how Rubio memorizes 25 second speeches and just look for a chance to deliver them. Rubio proceeded to repeat the same mini-speech about Obama almost verbatim at least three times during the debate. Rubio did much better in the second half, but the damage had been done.

I thought Kasich and Christie had the best debate tonight. I also thought Cruz did very well, as did Jeb Bush.

I thought Trump had a terrible debate, but the people on TV and Mark Levin thought Trump had a good debate. The audience booed Trump on at least two occasions and they did not boo any of the other candidates. I guess we will find out how he did on Tuesday. I still think Trump will top the voting but I think he hurt himself tonight on the eminent domain question and with his sore loser, cheap shot at Cruz before his closing statement.

I would not be surprised to see Kasich finish second and Rubio to slip to fourth or fifth. I guess Orin Hatch and the rest of the GOPe need to ask Christie to pull his punches against Rubio.

I confess I did not get to see the whole debate. What I did see was a greatly enhanced doling out of attention to the "Governors" and Rubio by the mods. Trump did manage to destroy his closing with the cheap shot you mention. Using another coaching analogy, some people need to learn to recognize when they're winning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I didn't get to see it but I did see the highlights. It was good to see Rubio get knocked down a few notches.
[quote=Hoot Gibson]Tonight's debate was a very bad one for Marco Rubio, IMO. Chris Christie really had him rattled early by pointing out how Rubio memorizes 25 second speeches and just look for a chance to deliver them. Rubio proceeded to repeat the same mini-speech about Obama almost verbatim at least three times during the debate. Rubio did much better in the second half, but the damage had been done.

I would not be surprised to see Kasich finish second and Rubio to slip to fourth or fifth. I guess Orin Hatch and the rest of the GOPe need to ask Christie to pull his punches against Rubio.[/QUOTE

Cream of the crop rising to the top Bush and Kasich. I don't haveto be a republican to see who going to win the republican nomination. My choice would be KASICH :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Cream of the crop rising to the top Bush and Kasich. I don't haveto be a republican to see who going to win the republican nomination. My choice would be KASICH :Cheerlead
Kasich has zero chance of winning the GOP nomination and Bush is a very, very long shot. Neither one of them are conservative enough or tough enough on illegal immigration.

As I said before the debate, Kasich has a shot to finish #2 in New Hampshire because of the crowded field and the large number of moderate independent voters. Beginning with South Carolina, the only non-conservative who has a fighting chance of winning a large number of delegates is Trump.

Kasich is a virtual unknown outside NH and the GOPe is not going to spend $2,800 per vote to nominate Jeb Bush. There is simply not enough money to make either Kasich or Jeb a viable candidate in the SEC primaries. As Kasich said, maybe he should be running as a Democrat. RINOs can do pretty well running in New England and blue states, but they have to have the GOP establishment behind them to win conservative states. It takes funding to convince Republican primary voters that you are a conservative when, in fact, you are just another RINO.
I don't think the Republican establishment are the only ones who want to take Cruz and Trump down. The liberals are scared to death of them but like I have been saying from the outset. Republicans have been doing their best to partner with libs and the rabid media to besmirch the GOP front runners.

From the little I saw of the debate, there was to me, an unmistakable effort to give the governors more time. And wonder of wonders they just happen to all be RINO's. Of the portion I saw, they were the featured sect. In other words it all looked scripted or at the minimum guided. The powers that define, and/or hand "the people" their unconsidered opinion, are not about to just lay down and let Cruz or Trump take the white house without a full-on display of their manipulative craft in action IMHO. One more thing that I felt did not ring exactly true. The 'enthusiastic' debate audience seemed a little too enthusiastic, especially for the dead fish candidate in the crowd, that being Jeb Bush. I mean, the hooting and caterwauling and whooping going on after Jeb Bush, Kasich, Rubio and Christie spoke was just not credible in my book.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^^Jeb had some donors there cheering for him. From what I read this morning, there was 1000 tickets and of those 75 went to donors and special interest groups, which according to the article was higher than usual for those types to be sitting there.
Top 5 for fun in this order in New Hampshire. Confusednicker:

1. Kasich
2. Trumper
3. Bush
4. Christie
5. Rubio
6. Cruz
7. Carson
1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Rubio
4. Cruz
5. Bush
6. Christie
7. Fiorina
8. Carson
Hoot Gibson Wrote:1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Rubio
4. Cruz
5. Bush
6. Christie
7. Fiorina
8. Carson

I hate to see Jeb doing that well actually.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who in there right.mind would waste a vote on the useless kasich
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who in there right.mind would waste a vote on the useless kasich

Repubican and independent man that was easy to answer. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Repubican and independent man that was easy to answer. Confusednicker:

Not as easy as predicting how bad Hillary was going to lose New Hampshire. Sanders is making her look ridiculous, I mean, 60%? And what's worse, Democrat women have turned on her big time. You still got her back though, right there 64?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Not as easy as predicting how bad Hillary was going to lose New Hampshire. Sanders is making her look ridiculous, I mean, 60%? And what's worse, Democrat women have turned on her big time. You still got her back though, right there 64?

I'm feeling the bern and the Kash. :Cheerlead
Kasich is going nowhere in this campaign. He outspent Cruz in NH $12.1 million to $580,000. Bush spent $36 million and Rubio spent $15.2 million. Trump spent only $3.7 million. Now they head to a much more conservative South Carolina, where Cruz has already built a strong ground organization, just as he did in Iowa.

The New Hampshire results are very bad for the GOP establishment, with three candidates doing well enough to continue to split the moderate vote into South Carolina. SC should be a two man race between Trump and Cruz.

Bush should get out of the race. There is not enough money available for him to run a competitive national campaign.
^
Ive changed my stance friend.
I sincerely hope Rubio, Bush, Kasich, and Christie all stay in the race.
They are absolutely killing each other with votes.

Trump blew the competition away tonight.
I think the biggest surprises was obviously the brain dead voters wasting time with Ksaich who apparently thought winning only NH would get hi the white house since he went all in. He will be brought back down to earth in SC.
The other surprise was the fact that Rubio did as poorly as he did.

I said 6 months ago Carson stood no chance when he was supposedly leading in the polls and I got a feeling if he does stay in for SC, he will only drop lower before bowing out.
I also no longer hear the screeching voice of Fiorina. She should quit. I just don't understand people wasting millions on a sure loss.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kasich is going nowhere in this campaign. He outspent Cruz in NH $12.1 million to $580,000. Bush spent $36 million and Rubio spent $15.2 million. Trump spent only $3.7 million. Now they head to a much more conservative South Carolina, where Cruz has already built a strong ground organization, just as he did in Iowa.

The New Hampshire results are very bad for the GOP establishment, with three candidates doing well enough to continue to split the moderate vote into South Carolina. SC should be a two man race between Trump and Cruz.

Bush should get out of the race. There is not enough money available for him to run a competitive national campaign.
I keep watching the news this morning saying Bush has momentum going into SC. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but i can see he doesn't have a chance in this race. It's like watching pro ball players overstay their welcome or abilities, and just trying to stay relevant in the world. Listening to Christie last night, i think he has seen the writing on the wall and i think he will drop out in the coming days. Kasich may have been second but it was a very distant second and this will be the highlight of his campaign, once SC votes he will be back to the bottom. IMO the only three that should be left are Trump, Cruz, and Rubio.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kasich is going nowhere in this campaign. He outspent Cruz in NH $12.1 million to $580,000. Bush spent $36 million and Rubio spent $15.2 million. Trump spent only $3.7 million. Now they head to a much more conservative South Carolina, where Cruz has already built a strong ground organization, just as he did in Iowa.

To break that down even more here's what last night cost the candidates:

Bush- $1209/Vote
Christie- $918/Vote
Rubio- $536/Vote
Kasich- $283/Vote
Trump- $39/Vote
Cruz- $18/Vote

At this rate, Bush better have alot of money Confusednicker:
Another one bites the dust. Carly Fiorina suspends campaign.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I keep watching the news this morning saying Bush has momentum going into SC. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but i can see he doesn't have a chance in this race. It's like watching pro ball players overstay their welcome or abilities, and just trying to stay relevant in the world. Listening to Christie last night, i think he has seen the writing on the wall and i think he will drop out in the coming days. Kasich may have been second but it was a very distant second and this will be the highlight of his campaign, once SC votes he will be back to the bottom. IMO the only three that should be left are Trump, Cruz, and Rubio.

I wind up shaking my head most of the time the news is on. Just remember, last week according to these same bozos, Rubio was peaking and streaking toward the nomination. While Trump was considered badly on the wane and Cruz who won Iowa BTW, barely got mentioned. Again if you will recall prior to the actual caucuses, the weather or some sort of mystic force out there was going to keep Trump voters at the house. But only Trump voters were going to be affected, as all the other candidate's supporters were going to be out in force unrestrained by the weather or said mystic forces. :biggrin:

I never liked Christie for President but I would like to see him shove Loretta Lynch out of the way in his best New Jersey style manner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tried to watch a little bit of Megyn Kelly's show tonight. Fifteen minutes and nothing but Trump bashing. First she has Ted Cruz on and all the questions were designed slams and lead ins against Trump. Then she has Jeb Bush on and here we went again. Then she has a panel of experts I suppose, consisting of Chris Stirewalt, Dana Perino (a Bush supporter royale) and some other nimrod named Stewart something or other. Again, nothing but Trump slams all around.

Beginning with the sweeping elections of 2010, the GOP establishment was installed by "the people" as the majority party of both houses of the US Congress. Since that time they have been actively involved in kissing the ring of Mr Obama and prosecuting some pretty meaningful down field blocking on his behalf. Now, they can say what they want, if the establishment is for Bush or Rubio, I get that. But more of the same is not what the majority of New Hampshire, and I suspect South Carolina want. Nor is it in any way what they promised constituencies. Somehow though, they and the conservative media believe folks are going to bite again. Jeb Bush just might be the only candidate on the Republican side that Hillary still has a reasonable shot at winning against. So you know I was hanging on every word he said. Which BTW, no matter how one might choose to slice it, was merely one of a hundred ways he has perfected to say he is better than Trump.

At any rate, I can only hope that Cruz grates on little Megyn half as much as does Trump, because one of them will be the nominee. And for anybody who doubted that she has a pathological ax to grind for Trump, needs to try dropping in some time when her show is on like I did this eve and see the truth. She can't stop herself, she's borderline at the minimum. Trump looks to have had it about right with regard to her bias in the Iowa debate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Another reason to vote FOR Trump.

I love reading daily articles on CNN about how Trump is the anti Christ and all will be doomed when you got a damn pop star dressing up like black panthers and performing during the SB.

Damn im sick of this countries current direction. I hope we are smart enough to elect the right person and it takes somebody outlandish like Trump who can simply tell people to shut up. I cannot wait for political correctness to completely be eradicated.
TheRealThing Wrote:Tried to watch a little bit of Megyn Kelly's show tonight. Fifteen minutes and nothing but Trump bashing. First she has Ted Cruz on and all the questions were designed slams and lead ins against Trump. Then she has Jeb Bush on and here we went again. Then she has a panel of experts I suppose, consisting of Chris Stirewalt, Dana Perino (a Bush supporter royale) and some other nimrod named Stewart something or other. Again, nothing but Trump slams all around.

Beginning with the sweeping elections of 2010, the GOP establishment was installed by "the people" as the majority party of both houses of the US Congress. Since that time they have been actively involved in kissing the ring of Mr Obama and prosecuting some pretty meaningful down field blocking on his behalf. Now, they can say what they want, if the establishment is for Bush or Rubio, I get that. But more of the same is not what the majority of New Hampshire, and I suspect South Carolina want. Nor is it in any way what they promised constituencies. Somehow though, they and the conservative media believe folks are going to bite again. Jeb Bush just might be the only candidate on the Republican side that Hillary still has a reasonable shot at winning against. So you know I was hanging on every word he said. Which BTW, no matter how one might choose to slice it, was merely one of a hundred ways he has perfected to say he is better than Trump.

At any rate, I can only hope that Cruz grates on little Megyn half as much as does Trump, because one of them will be the nominee. And for anybody who doubted that she has a pathological ax to grind for Trump, needs to try dropping in some time when her show is on like I did this eve and see the truth. She can't stop herself, she's borderline at the minimum. Trump looks to have had it about right with regard to her bias in the Iowa debate.
It's funny you say this. Talking to some friends last night that live in different states, most of them was on the fence about who to vote for, they had narrowed it down to either Trump, Cruz, or Rubio. They are now leaning toward Trump now because of how the media is being, mostly fox news. It's like one person said, if he has the media and the establishment worried enough that they constantly talk about him, and try to bring him down, then the man is doing something right. People are tired of the media and career politicians telling them what's right and what's wrong. The republican party has become what one described as sellouts to the American people. I'm just thankful that the Dems can't seem to put a good candidate in this election or we would be seeing another dem white house. Me personally, i'm voting Trump, if he doesn't get the nomination, then i'm not sure what i'm doing.
^ Hanged on Demarecus Ware helped is on the way. Democrats are coming. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:^ Hanged on Demarecus Ware helped is on the way. Democrats are coming. :Cheerlead
I've seen which Democrats are running 64Sur, not too impressive. Bernie wants to take what we have and give it too the younger lazy crowd, and well, Hillary is a Clinton so that says it all Confusednicker:

Trump all the way 64, if not, you better be sharpening up your Arabic language skills LOL
Demarcus ware Wrote:I've seen which Democrats are running 64Sur, not too impressive. Bernie wants to take what we have and give it too the younger lazy crowd, and well, Hillary is a Clinton so that says it all Confusednicker:

Trump all the way 64, if not, you better be sharpening up your Arabic language skills LOL

I been trying to learn that language since Reagan was president. Confusednicker: Reagan open the door for the shaw of Iran when he was looking to exile. And Reagan agree only if he would bring all of the corrupt government rich cats with him. Trump does remind me of Reagan both was TV stars. Vote Kasich or vote Bush save your party. Only trying to help Demarecus. :Cheerlead
Demarcus ware Wrote:It's funny you say this. Talking to some friends last night that live in different states, most of them was on the fence about who to vote for, they had narrowed it down to either Trump, Cruz, or Rubio. They are now leaning toward Trump now because of how the media is being, mostly fox news. It's like one person said, if he has the media and the establishment worried enough that they constantly talk about him, and try to bring him down, then the man is doing something right. People are tired of the media and career politicians telling them what's right and what's wrong. The republican party has become what one described as sellouts to the American people. I'm just thankful that the Dems can't seem to put a good candidate in this election or we would be seeing another dem white house. Me personally, i'm voting Trump, if he doesn't get the nomination, then i'm not sure what i'm doing.

Forgive me for highjacking your thought, and BTW I thought Mr Ware had a tremendous game. But to develop what you said a bit, people are indeed tired of the media giving them their opinion and twisting and distorting reality in order to do that. To anybody who thinks for themselves, they already know what they think and it infuriates me when the media state matters to the contrary. The media have done as much in the matters of enhanced background checks to legally buy guns, the true popularity of ObamaCare, and the myriad of moral issues stemming from the repeal of DADT that they have been pushing on the country. In short, they lie.

Now, where it comes to the career politicians things are a little different. The Republicans generally TELL the truth on TV, and then back up on it when they are in DC. All the big talk by Mitch McConnell and the others running for the US Congress, and their promises to challenge the Obama agenda come to mind. Once the Tea Party candidates arrived via the will of "the people", Boehner and McConnell et-al, used their power to co-opt them into the status quo or otherwise neuter their efforts to govern. John McCain and his 'wacko birds' comment further reflected the disdain of the establishment toward the newbies and any meaningful change. And we are definitely sick and tired of that kind of thing! And just to clarify, the kind of change the Tea Party folks seek is just to return to the ideals of our traditionally conservative roots. Which I remember clearly BTW. And in that return we would undo the weirdness, insanity and immorality which have characterized the changes brought on by liberals of late and as presided over by the present administration. We left the path, we became the laughing stock of the planet, let's make the corrections while yet we can.

Jeb Bush for example is anything but a true conservative. The no child left behind program is just about as liberal a concept as there is out there, as is the common core concept. And as far as him being qualified to be commander-in-chief on the first day of yet another Bush Presidency? As far as I can see not only did Jeb not serve, his only brush with the duties of a commander-in-chief was to in some cases, use the Florida National Guard like auxiliary police.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just like Rush Limbaugh said today, in NH Trump has given the Republican Party everything they have been wanting, he led in every demographic, but because he's not the chosen one by the establishment they want to trash it. Does that make a lot of sense to anyone? You can find fault in any of the candidates if you try, not conservative enough, not religious enough, too extreme, the list goes on and on.
TheRealThing Wrote:Forgive me for highjacking your thought, and BTW I thought Mr Ware had a tremendous game. But to develop what you said a bit, people are indeed tired of the media giving them their opinion and twisting and distorting reality in order to do that. To anybody who thinks for themselves, they already know what they think and it infuriates me when the media state matters to the contrary. The media have done as much in the matters of enhanced background checks to legally buy guns, the true popularity of ObamaCare, and the myriad of moral issues stemming from the repeal of DADT that they have been pushing on the country. In short, they lie.

Now, where it comes to the career politicians things are a little different. The Republicans generally TELL the truth on TV, and then back up on it when they are in DC. All the big talk by Mitch McConnell and the others running for the US Congress, and their promises to challenge the Obama agenda come to mind. Once the Tea Party candidates arrived via the will of "the people", Boehner and McConnell et-al, used their power to co-opt them into the status quo or otherwise neuter their efforts to govern. John McCain and his 'wacko birds' comment further reflected the disdain of the establishment toward the newbies and any meaningful change. And we are definitely sick and tired of that kind of thing! And just to clarify, the kind of change the Tea Party folks seek is just to return to the ideals of our traditionally conservative roots. Which I remember clearly BTW. And in that return we would undo the weirdness, insanity and immorality which have characterized the changes brought on by liberals of late and as presided over by the present administration. We left the path, we became the laughing stock of the planet, let's make the corrections while yet we can.

Jeb Bush for example is anything but a true conservative. The no child left behind program is just about as liberal a concept as there is out there, as is the common core concept. And as far as him being qualified to be commander-in-chief on the first day of yet another Bush Presidency? As far as I can see not only did Jeb not serve, his only brush with the duties of a commander-in-chief was to in some cases, use the Florida National Guard like auxiliary police.
Oh hi-jack away sir Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Just like Rush Limbaugh said today, in NH Trump has given the Republican Party everything they have been wanting, he led in every demographic, but because he's not the chosen one by the establishment they want to trash it. Does that make a lot of sense to anyone? You can find fault in any of the candidates if you try, not conservative enough, not religious enough, too extreme, the list goes on and on.

I probably need to listen in on Rush once in a while, I'm hooked on Stewart Varney right now though, LOL. But what Rush said is exactly right, Trump won with every demographic and still the establishment haters are railing against him. Those same establishment types suppose themselves to be the gate keepers and they will only sanction more of the same because of their blindness. One media pundit in particular really irks me no end. And that is none other than Rich Lowry, or as I call him these days, Rich Lowlife. I mean, who died and made him the master of our opinion? They run RINO after RINO at us and now suddenly they are screaming the sky is falling and sounding the alarm about Trump not being a TRUE conservative? :please:

What is a true conservative anyway? A patriot, and one who would place the good of the country and the 'common good' above special interests and politically correct liberalism? One who recognizes that America is the Land of the Free because she offers equality of opportunity, not affirmative action? Maybe a conservative is one who seeks to restore America to her former glory by reinstating the ideals and intent of the founders? How about one who can dispassionately and accurately interpret the events of the last 50 years on geopolitical and global economic levels? Contrast that against what Mr Obama and his legion of rabid chipmunks think. Without getting into all of it, his own words are key to understanding his understanding of the world.

First, during his run up to the White House in 2007 he said, paraphrased, 'The US uses 67% of all the energy presently used each year by mankind, this cannot continue to go on.'
Hence the people have been made slave to reducing our carbon footprint through the vapid Global Warming regulatory efforts of the EPA.

Then he said with regard to captured soldiers in the Syrian crisis, again paraphrased, "If it was me, I'd pin a note on their chest saying stay out of here, and send them back out."
Whoa there fella, that's certainly not 21st Century thinking and Putin, if you keep this stuff up you can't be in our club.

Then he said with regard to the Climate Change Summit in Paris as it related to terror, "What a powerful rebuke to the terrorists it will be, when the world stands as one and shows that we will not be deterred from building a better future for our children,”
Take that you mean terrorists!

I believe I will side step the advice of Rich, Jeb, and Megyn Kelly this time around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]