•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Whitney Creech
71 points!
Whitney Creech finishes with 71 points in Jenkins' 90-87 overtime win. New career total of 4,957 points is all-time state record.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Glad I got to be there to watch history tonight. Two great things tonight. Creech breaking the record and getting to watch Paintsville lose!!!!! Never seen anyone take over a game like Creech did. 71 points is crazy no matter what level you play. Congrats Whitney Creech!!!!'n
5000 next
I saw the look in her eyes when she got 29 points and said to the people I was with the record was broke.... her body language she was focused and I don't believe anyone in the state could of stopped her
Amazing accomplishment! Congrat's! :Thumbs:
Wish I could have been there to witness history being made. Congratulations to her! Well deserved!
This young lady has completely fascinated me all season. She HAS to break that 5K number!

Congratulations Whitney. You are representing your area very well!! Good luck getting to 5K.

We are all rooting for you.
Incredible numbers. WOW!
ky_football Wrote:I think if she would pass the ball more teams wouldn't be able to triple team her and she wouldn't have to force so many shots

Pass it to who?

Their next 2 top scorers are shooting 22% and 29% while not even being guarded.

How smart is it for a 56% shooter to pass it to a 22% shooter.

That's just common basketball knowledge.
The thing about it is she is a gym rat. Last one in last one out. She sets example of what it takes. The work ethic she puts in and the dedication is what makes her who she is alone with her faith. If people want there kids to be better ball players they should have the same motivation,dedication, and work ethic as she does. No excuses. Congrats Whitney! Letcher Co is proud of you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Confusederiously:
14th region fanman Wrote:Pass it to who?

Their next 2 top scorers are shooting 22% and 29% while not even being guarded.

How smart is it for a 56% shooter to pass it to a 22% shooter.

That's just common basketball knowledge.
My only point is she will never see the state tournament without help from her team she is a great player but some one will have to step up and help if they plan on making any noise
ky counts all points you score even if you are in 6th or 7th but playing varsity for ky records. I read that nationally they only count 9-12 grades. where she stand there?
It’s amazing to think that of all the generations that played high school basketball in the state of Kentucky. None scored more points than this girl!!
AWESOME!

Congratulations, Whitney!
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:AWESOME!

Congratulations, Whitney!

And also, congratulations and thanks to everyone else who was a part of this including her fellow players and her coaches and parents.
If I could vote Whitney Creech would be Miss Basketball 2016. :Cheerlead :worthy: :Cheerlead :worthy: :Cheerlead
Where is their district being played this season, would like to catch a game?
ky_football Wrote:Confusederiously:
My only point is she will never see the state tournament without help from her team she is a great player but some one will have to step up and help if they plan on making any noise

Jenkins hasn't been to the regional tournament since 2008. There's no guarantee this year either. If they seed the 53rd, looks like they would be the 3 seed and would have to play JBS. They split with JBS this season. Won the first meeting by 4 points, lost by 10 in o.t. the last time they played.
I think it will be between her and the girl from e-town. I would give it to creech.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Creech should get it. Kid can play
She has earned it.
She deserves it.Should win Mrs Basketball
The now number 2 scorer got named Kentucky Miss Basketball in 1996. The now number 3 scorer got it in 1977. The now number 4 scorer got it in 1990. The now number 6 scorer got it in 1989. The now number 9 scorer got it in 2002.

In my opinion, the number 1 scorer and the only person in Kentucky history to score more than 5000 in their career needs to be Miss Basketball or the title has no credibility anymore.
The district is at Jenkins this year
Praying that she makes it to regions. Im betting she does with a win over letcher in the district championship. She is an unreal player that has worked hard for what she has received
Who does Jenkins play in the district this year and who is the host?
It is at Jenkins. They will play JBS and if they win they earn a spot in region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Go Jenkins!
The best player in Kentucky should be Miss Basketball.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next