•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
Ballbuster Wrote:Not sure about spring practice all of them will be Playing baseball.

Or during the summer ? Pretty quick trigger if this is true
Neither one of them may start. Bodacious Melons watches the waiver wire like a hawk.:ChairHit:
jetpilot Wrote:Neither one of them may start. Bodacious Melons watches the waiver wire like a hawk.:ChairHit:

:hilarious: I'm always laughing at the names for BigMelons JP, the one that got me the most was PHS Forever with Floppy Melons :1:
You guys are easily entertained!!
Congrats to Tyler McCallister who will continue his football career at UPike :1:
BigMelon63 Wrote:There are a lot of good linemen waiting in the wings in the weight room getting ready for their time to shine. Remember the starting center was a freshman. IMO he was the best center in the mountains.

Really bright future
Since PHS is getting their program back on track, what's the chances of reviving the Apple Bowl with JC? No travel expenses, full house, it's a win win for both teams.
How does the Paintsville Middle School look next year? We may be looking for a new school.
TigerBlues Wrote:It would seem the Allen kid would have to lose the job through competition during spring practice ?

I believe the Allen kid lost the job when a Phelps became a freshman.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I think it will be Chris Allen. He backed up Kash last year and played QB in elementary and Middle School. #23

Where did the Allen kid play middle school at ? Seems like I remember him playing elementary football for Porter Elementary or Johnson Central Elementary.
Phelps needs to play QB, he would be tough on zone read type plays
ekywildcat Wrote:Since PHS is getting their program back on track, what's the chances of reviving the Apple Bowl with JC? No travel expenses, full house, it's a win win for both teams.

Unsure if your intentions are satire but this game will never happen again. From what I’ve gathered over the past few years from close confidants of both programs is that Paintsville would have much more to lose aside from a blemish on their record than any potential benefit a large gate would provide. Remember that this game was cancelled 5 years after Jim arrived at Johnson Central all culminating in Tiger defeats by an average score of 52-8. Outside of boys’ varsity games mandated by the KHSAA, Paintsville does not play Johnson Central and I do not see the Paintsville powers that be changing their minds any time soon.
Look for Paintsville to be very competitive this season once again!
From what I've viewed on Twitter and Instagram videos the 16 Tigers should be a strong group of kids, like one coach said you can't coach heart :Thumbs:
Have they found a game for the Sheldon Clark game
Any updates on Kent Phelps w/ his injury? Did he break his arm or re-injure shoulder?
Hope he has a speedy recovery
How did he get hurt?
bac2369 Wrote:How did he get hurt?

Broken arm in baseball practice is what I was told. That's just bad news
TigerBlues Wrote:Broken arm in baseball practice is what I was told. That's just bad news

He should be ready for football come late August though.
Clean break...broke while running relay race in gym during baseball practice, went to catch himself against the wall. In a splint for 2 weeks, a sling for another 10 days and then some rehab. Out 6-8 weeks total. Should be fine after the 8 weeks is up.
Just hope he takes his time and doesn't rush back. He should be fine.
Any updates on Kent ?
Kent will be released middle of this month in time for spring football and we hopefully get him back on baseball field in May. He has full range of motion and no pain, will have no complications from it, was a clean break. Almost healed 100%.
Looks like the tigers will be adding a golden eagle to the roster next year...Tyrese Allen spotted on campus today. Should be a huge help to the tigers on both sides of the ball
SaltyDog12 Wrote:Looks like the tigers will be adding a golden eagle to the roster next year...Tyrese Allen spotted on campus today. Should be a huge help to the tigers on both sides of the ball

Fly, Golden Tigers, Fly:flush:
I don't understand why Coach Joe doesn't take his talents to college. Hands down one of the best recruiters in the state of Kentucky. Just hope the KHSAA doesn't stand up and take notice this time.
Sounds like Chirico is getting under the skin of some, and I thought Floppy Melons was the recruiting genius :ChairHit:
Its funny how JC fans get all bent out of shape when Paintsville gets a few transfers. I guess they forget about all of the transfers JC has had since Matney arrived.
What position do you think the new kid will play?
Would Paintsville have a decent team without kids from the county?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next