Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2016
I know for sure they have some good running backs and receivers coming back. Don't know much else. This past years offensive line was supposed to be the strength of the team. Not sure what they have there. Or on defense. Or who would be the QB.
As for QB, the back up last year was Gosney, who will be a senior.
I would assume he is frontrunner at this time. He came in some last year and held his own. If he improves over the offseason and goes through 2 a days as the number one guy he might be pretty good.

Schoellman will be a junior, I think he played some JV QB.

The freshman team QB I heard was really good. Its been a long time since a soph started at QB at Highlands.
Towles was forced into playing when Bardo got hurt. Pat did a great job
Gosney should be the QB. They return Murray and Pulsfort in the backfield. Receiving corps should be a strength if they can get them the ball. O-Line is certainly an area of question. Only lineman that saw meaningful minutes last year were Davidson and Dunn.

On the defensive side of the ball they return Bravard as a down-lineman, all LB's are gone except for Bowden who was switched over right around the bye week. Defensive backs should be solid with only losing one to graduation. Taylor and Greene proved more than capable last year at safety.

Kicking game is a complete overhaul. Soph to be Bowman should handle place-kicking duties, now punting game is a complete mystery.

Best question of the offseason might be whether or not they finally convince Cam'Ron Johnston that he is not going to play QB and that his only way on the field is as an offensive or defensive lineman.
Is Johston a big kid. I know Jared is fast. He ran a 50.3 at state in the 400 meters. Is Murray that fast? I know Nick. That's is Alex's brother. He should be a good one.
Sounds like another down year?
Highlands will beat Cov Cath next year.
I think that Male's coach Chris Wolfe would like to eventually get the Highlands job now that he has finally over the hump of winning a state championship.
UK1fan Wrote:Sounds like another down year?

Same old loser I see. When and what has Simon Kenton ever won? Oh that is right, nothing. I also believe that Highlands was playing as long as your beloved "Neers last year were they not?
mantax Wrote:Same old loser I see. When and what has Simon Kenton ever won? Oh that is right, nothing. I also believe that Highlands was playing as long as your beloved "Neers last year were they not?

All I know is Highlands got owned by the Pioneers! :Thumbs:
UK1fan Wrote:All I know is Highlands got owned by the Pioneers! :Thumbs:

And that did what for them exactly? That's what I thought. They exited the playoffs the same time they do each and every year. Maybe they can get a shirt to say they were NKY Champs and wear it around proudly. I am sure you will be the first one in line to purchase one, XS, so you can feel like a real man.
mantax Wrote:Same old loser I see. When and what has Simon Kenton ever won? Oh that is right, nothing. I also believe that Highlands was playing as long as your beloved "Neers last year were they not?

mantax Wrote:And that did what for them exactly? That's what I thought. They exited the playoffs the same time they do each and every year. Maybe they can get a shirt to say they were NKY Champs and wear it around proudly. I am sure you will be the first one in line to purchase one, XS, so you can feel like a real man.

Funny guy.
Is it not time for you to go to work?
They made adjustments after the bye week from what I've heard. I have no idea what they were. I'm in Florida. And they got somewhat better. That's a learning curve. Hopefully they have everything where they want it by August. I don't care if you have 200 kids. I still say you play your best athletes both ways. If you move kids from one side of the ball to another. What's the difference? If kids are good on offense and good on defense. Let them play both.
bo67 Wrote:They made adjustments after the bye week from what I've heard. I have no idea what they were. I'm in Florida. And they got somewhat better. That's a learning curve. Hopefully they have everything where they want it by August. I don't care if you have 200 kids. I still say you play your best athletes both ways. If you move kids from one side of the ball to another. What's the difference? If kids are good on offense and good on defense. Let them play both.

They didn't get better the teams they beat where not very good. They could havet played SK, Ryle or Cooper 10 times and they would have lost.
UK1fan Wrote:They didn't get better the teams they beat where not very good. They could havet played SK, Ryle or Cooper 10 times and they would have lost.

I will take that bet. Just shows how clueless you really are now doesn't it? Post in the SK threads where you can at least act like you know what you are talking about.
mantax Wrote:I will take that bet. Just shows how clueless you really are now doesn't it? Post in the SK threads where you can at least act like you know what you are talking about.

Clueless? I don't think so! I will say this much my son had fun beating your little Red Devils twice this year once in regular season and once in the super bowl! Big Grin
mantax Wrote:I will take that bet. Just shows how clueless you really are now doesn't it? Post in the SK threads where you can at least act like you know what you are talking about.

What is wrong busy working?
Nope, I do not work the 3rd shift as I am how do they say it in Independence? Edumicated? Funny I had no kid play for the Red Devils ever. This is so so easy it is not even funny. You have interjected yourself and your customary childish behavior in a Highlands thread, call me shocked.

Typical and expected considering your boys have never won ANYTHING, yet you get on here and talk talk talk.

Any truth to the rumor that open enrollment is going to be a thing of the past and Simon will lose many students to Scott and Dixie because the population of the schools is so out of balance?
mantax Wrote:Nope, I do not work the 3rd shift as I am how do they say it in Independence? Edumicated? Funny I had no kid play for the Red Devils ever. This is so so easy it is not even funny. You have interjected yourself and your customary childish behavior in a Highlands thread, call me shocked.

Typical and expected considering your boys have never won ANYTHING, yet you get on here and talk talk talk.

Any truth to the rumor that open enrollment is going to be a thing of the past and Simon will lose many students to Scott and Dixie because the population of the schools is so out of balance?

Kenton County still has open enrollment. Doesn't matter if a kid doesn't want to be a certain place so be it. I know Highlands is back to open enrollment. Yea I work 3rd shift anything else you need to know stocker?
UK1fan Wrote:Kenton County still has open enrollment. Doesn't matter if a kid doesn't want to be a certain place so be it. I know Highlands is back to open enrollment. Yea I work 3rd shift anything else you need to know stocker?

I am not a "stocker". I am a professional. Hearing SK will be losing about 700 plus students that will be dispersed among Dixie and Scott, bringing an end to open enrollment. Highlands has always accepted tuition students. The first question on the application is whether or not you play football, which automatically gets you in. ha ha
mantax Wrote:I am not a "stocker". I am a professional. Hearing SK will be losing about 700 plus students that will be dispersed among Dixie and Scott, bringing an end to open enrollment. Highlands has always accepted tuition students. The first question on the application is whether or not you play football, which automatically gets you in. ha ha

Not very professional, maybe for a stalker. If SK lost 700 kids they would go down to 4A sounds good to me. But that will never happen new houses go up everyday in Independence. :Thumbs:
UK1fan Wrote:Not very professional, maybe for a stalker. If SK lost 700 kids they would go down to 4A sounds good to me. But that will never happen new houses go up everyday in Independence. :Thumbs:

I don't care what goes up in Independence, I am told the school cannot hold that many students. You would think with that many kids that they would be able to WIN SOMETHING. Sure you won't post for a while because you are working.
mantax Wrote:I don't care what goes up in Independence, I am told the school cannot hold that many students. You would think with that many kids that they would be able to WIN SOMETHING. Sure you won't post for a while because you are working.

SK can always expand plenty of room. It is tough to compete with the Louisville schools who recruit from 5 states and the Scott County school who hands out jobs from Toyota!
Highlands will lack in size this year. They lost most of their big boys to graduation. Who will kick this year?
mantax Wrote:I don't care what goes up in Independence, I am told the school cannot hold that many students. You would think with that many kids that they would be able to WIN SOMETHING. Sure you won't post for a while because you are working.

:lame:
Nice work in this thread about Simon Kenton, uh I mean Highlands. Anyone have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation? We all know Simon Kenton will not win anything, how about the Birds? Bo you got any insight to add to the discussion other than the few brief posts that you have put out there? How about you Charlie? Stack where are you weighing in that this may well be the worst class in upteen years?
You know I don't like a certain person. But putting that aside. NO team in the state other than Trinity can brag about championships. And second in the nation for wins. And you and myself being part of that. Is a plus. But as they say. What can you do for me now? The kids I knew well are now gone. I just know that a few skilled position players are real good are back. That's why I started this thread. I knew you would give in some information. But I was hoping s few others, that you mentioned, would chime in to answer some questions about the team. I won't put down another team. I don't have to. Success and failures speak for themselves
Well. Sometimes I do LOL
There will not be a response for awhile because he is sleeping to get ready to go to work. Keep taking care of my light work for me and hopefully some of the others with "great" knowledge of the program will chime in and give us their opinions.