Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 National Guard Border Bowl
University of the Cumberlands
James H. Taylor, II Stadium
Williamsburg, KY
January 16, 2016
2:00 p.m.
Who all will be attending? looks like Kentucky has a solid roster and coaching staff http://www.kytnborderbowl.com/#!2016-ros...ches/z2wot
Glad to see Pikevilles Daric Pugh is playing. This is a class event that will give him even more exposure. If you've never been before, I encourage you to go if you can. Some really good football is played. Still up in the air if I'm going to be able to go.
Very nice event. Always a hard fought well played game.
PHSForever Wrote:Glad to see Pikevilles Daric Pugh is playing. This is a class event that will give him even more exposure. If you've never been before, I encourage you to go if you can. Some really good football is played. Still up in the air if I'm going to be able to go.

it should be fun to see Baker and Pugh in the backfield and maybe Cool Hand Luke and Nelson out wide Smile. The Border Bowl is always a great event.I might go if I feel good and we don't have frigid temperatures Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Who all will be attending? looks like Kentucky has a solid roster and coaching staff http://www.kytnborderbowl.com/#!2016-ros...ches/z2wot

I will be attending this game maybe even playing in this one for Kentucky by looking at the rosters I may haveto play OL.....Where are all the lineman names Confusednicker:
Congrats to all the players and coaches chosen. Glad to see Sutton and Murray make it from the Bobcats.

Sutton from Bell Co. is listed as a DB but he is actually a OL/DL player. Very good 1 at that.
I was wondering where all the OL were too...
Glad to see Jake McWhorter listed he is one of the best blocking backs a lot of us have ever seen & a big reason the last 3 year's RB's @ North broke all those rushing records. True story. Obvious on his films.
Did I see somewhere that ESPN2 was going to broadcast this year's game??
E's Army Wrote:Very nice event. Always a hard fought well played game.

Event is Top Notch. My Grandson played in this Event in 2012 and enjoyed it very much. It is good from Practice to the Banquet to the Game. Ring is nice also. Every College we visited the Coaches asked to look at the ring. Cong: to all on Team and a thanks to all the Coaches who give of themselves and their time to make it a success. Beat Tennessee,:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
How is this team chosen?
Cellking Wrote:Event is Top Notch. My Grandson played in this Event in 2012 and enjoyed it very much. It is good from Practice to the Banquet to the Game. Ring is nice also. Every College we visited the Coaches asked to look at the ring. Cong: to all on Team and a thanks to all the Coaches who give of themselves and their time to make it a success. Beat Tennessee,:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

We have been to a couple of these, they are always a lot of fun! Let's GO Team Kentucky beat Tennessee!!! :redboxer:
Congrats to all. Should be a great game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Wildcat18 Wrote:How is this team chosen?

You have to be nominated by your coach and then a committee selects the players along with the staff coaching.
I think it used to be that the players had to be from East of 75 or on it. That's obviously not the case anymore, at least from KY with Trinity players even playing in it.
Ive also noticed they are no limiting nominations to only two per school. However, TN seems to be struggling to get involvement in it as they have several from the same schools.
Its a shame, but I just don't think the marketing is there in TN like it is here in KY.

Not too bad for a bunch of Whitley and Williamsburg guys who started this years ago.

IMHO, its the premier all star game in the state now. The Kentucky/Tennessee game was always really cool, too bad it ended, but this is the best that this state has to offer just from a recruiting standpoint alone.

To be honest, they could actually play two of these all star games. One for the west side of the state and on for each states east side and make a line somewhere. There are a lot of players obviously being left off.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to be nominated by your coach and then a committee selects the players along with the staff coaching.
I think it used to be that the players had to be from East of 75 or on it. That's obviously not the case anymore, at least from KY with Trinity players even playing in it.
Ive also noticed they are no limiting nominations to only two per school. However, TN seems to be struggling to get involvement in it as they have several from the same schools.

Its a shame, but I just don't think the marketing is there in TN like it is here in KY.

Not too bad for a bunch of Whitley and Williamsburg guys who started this years ago.

IMHO, its the premier all star game in the state now. The Kentucky/Tennessee game was always really cool, too bad it ended, but this is the best that this state has to offer just from a recruiting standpoint alone.

To be honest, they could actually play two of these all star games. One for the west side of the state and on for each states east side and make a line somewhere. There are a lot of players obviously being left off.

How does the Bluegrass bowl work? Where do those players come from? They just play a Louisville team, right?
Blitzer Wrote:How does the Bluegrass bowl work? Where do those players come from? They just play a Louisville team, right?

Yes, the teams are Louisville (and surrounding schools like Oldham County, Hardin County schools, etc) vs players from all other schools in KY.

Nomination is the same like the border bowl, you have to nominate your players, I think the best of the bluegrass lets you nominate up to 5 players from each school, and I assume a committee and coaches pick the players.

So pretty much the same as the border bowl only different locations.
why is Kash Daniels not in this game
big dawg, small yard Wrote:why is Kash Daniels not in this game

I believe your only allowed to play in one all-star game and isn't he already playing in another all-star game? I cant remember the name of it but I'm pretty sure of it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats to all selected for Team Kentucky.

Now go and beat the orange juice out of Tennessee.
Live Maroon Wrote:Did I see somewhere that ESPN2 was going to broadcast this year's game??

Oh, I hope so!! That way I can DVR it. I got a baby shower that day; otherwise, I would be there with bells on!! LOVED this venue last year.

panther nation Wrote:I believe your only allowed to play in one all-star game and isn't he already playing in another all-star game? I cant remember the name of it but I'm pretty sure of it

Zack played in both last year, so I don't know. He may have just WENT to one of those games! LOL

#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Congrats to all selected for Team Kentucky.

Now go and beat the orange juice out of Tennessee.

I was wondering what they used for blood!
I look at these lists and there's no Dalton Frasure and I just can't understand how a kid like that doesn't get nominated.. A Division 1 signee who had a great year.. Can't help but think none of the staff submitted his name for any of it.. If that's the case that's a shame..
There's a possibility that he was nominated and chose not to attend. However, if he wasn't even nominated, then I agree.....it is a terrible shame!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh, I hope so!! That way I can DVR it. I got a baby shower that day; otherwise, I would be there with bells on!! LOVED this venue last year.

Zack played in both last year, so I don't know. He may have just WENT to one of those games! LOL

I was wondering what they used for blood!

You can play an unlimited amount of all star games if you are not going to play college ball. NCAA rules allow them to play 2.
Congratulations, to all these young men playing for team Kentucky! Several of us plan on being there rooting for this team. Good luck!!
I believe each school can only nominate 2 players.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes, the teams are Louisville (and surrounding schools like Oldham County, Hardin County schools, etc) vs players from all other schools in KY.

Nomination is the same like the border bowl, you have to nominate your players, I think the best of the bluegrass lets you nominate up to 5 players from each school, and I assume a committee and coaches pick the players.

So pretty much the same as the border bowl only different locations.
Congrats to all the players selected especially Nathan Murray! Great kid and player. I'm looking forward to watching him one last time before he begins his college career. I just heard EKU's new head coach offered him tonight during a home visit.
A lot of these players are going on to College, will be fun to watch them suit up and play a little early. I have watched a lot of them play over the past 3-4 years, should be a great game.
:Clap: Go team Kentucky! I want to beat Tennessee on all levels!! :Thumbs:
Blitzer Wrote::Clap: Go team Kentucky! I want to beat Tennessee on all levels!! :Thumbs:

You cant always get what you want, but if you try.sometime you get what you need Confusednicker: