Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tri County 2015 Football Awards - Times Tribune
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The knock on Corbin used to be that they had a weak district. Not a weak schedule. There is literally no teams who are any good at all on north's schedule until the 9th week in the season. Montgomery county isn't very good either but they beat north. The power-I always looks good when you're playing teams with less talent than you. On another note it is funny how no one can appreciate when a team is doing good. We at Corbin have been dealing with it for many years. Everyone always had some kind of knock on us. And by the way that 3a district that Harley lambert won player of the year in had two teams that would have won north's district. As well as the fastest running back in the region regardless of class. But north did score 45 points a game against a bunch of jv teams. So I guess watered down stats are all that matters to les when it's his team who gets awards. Corbin will continue to get transfers from laurel county. Not because they recruit but because they offer the best chance to play for a state title, especially going forward.

Typical Corbin rhetoric! No one is any good at anything but them! And..you ever consider the reason kids come there is so they can play 3a which is easier than 5a or have a starting spot they couldn't get in Laurel County??
goBIGblue82 Wrote:One makes one claim and the other completely opposite. North was better than Good they were very good. I'm not hating I've only stated facts as usual...

You lost me on this one?
pjdoug Wrote:oops.you forgot passing yards and supporting cast. you also forgot yards per carry and per pass attempt.Luke Woods is without a doubt Player Of The Year and the majority of non-biased voters would vote for him.

Everyone has an opinion....their player was best, I have to disagree with you, I think Nelson, deserved it. Depends on who you support & watch all the time who you think it should be. Both high quality players, I do agree with that!
Blitzer Wrote:Typical Corbin rhetoric! No one is any good at anything but them! And..you ever consider the reason kids come there is so they can play 3a which is easier than 5a or have a starting spot they couldn't get in Laurel County??

I can speak from experience I played my freshman year in laurel county. Would have started as a sophomore. Transferred to Corbin, and started six games as a senior. Played a lot in every game but only started six. We won region and were top three rated team in our class. It was the best decision I made in high school. Anyone in laurel county who thinks they will ever be a legitimate contender for a state championship is delusional. I don't think we're better at everything, I think you're getting a taste of what we've become used too. Don't worry though you'll get used too it as well. I really hope Corbin and north renew the series. It would be an awesome game in both competitiveness and atmosphere.
pjdoug Wrote:Luke Woods and Steve Nelson should exchange awards.

Single Wing 77 Wrote:I can speak from experience I played my freshman year in laurel county. Would have started as a sophomore. Transferred to Corbin, and started six games as a senior. Played a lot in every game but only started six. We won region and were top three rated team in our class. It was the best decision I made in high school. Anyone in laurel county who thinks they will ever be a legitimate contender for a state championship is delusional. I don't think we're better at everything, I think you're getting a taste of what we've become used too. Don't worry though you'll get used too it as well. I really hope Corbin and north renew the series. It would be an awesome game in both competitiveness and atmosphere.

I sure think NL will be a contender they played the defending state champs in 5a right down to the wire this year. So someone might be delusional but I do not consider it to be NL fans! I was reading on here NL now Sophomores beat Corbin 3 times when they were in the 8th grade. So might be careful what you wish for.
Every team has good days and bad days. NL played great against Pulaski. GREAT! Pulaski ran six offensive plays in the first half, and scored a touchdown. NL had a great scheme, but that's the problem with schemes they only work till the other team figures them out. Second half is when Pulaski figured it out. If NL goes to highlands they lose by 3 TDs. Middle school is not high school and I don't think Cameron Sizemore played on that middleschool team either. I may be wrong about Cameron though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
E's Army Wrote:Woods was real special. Would have been my pick for player of the year.

Some of you all seem to be leaving out, Woods was the Offensive Player Of The Year, on this list! I would expect the BEST QB in the the running to be awarded this!

:Clap:
Looks like the ( Corbin Times Tribune ) turned into the Laurel Times Tribune....
Blitzer Wrote:Everyone has an opinion....their player was best, I have to disagree with you, I think Nelson, deserved it. Depends on who you support & watch all the time who you think it should be. Both high quality players, I do agree with that!

As I said non biased voters would vote for Woods. Nelson is good but Woods should be player of the year.
Woods is a vary good player in my opinion the best player was nelson and the best team was North. just my opinion
Blitzer Wrote:You lost me on this one?

One makes claim of a tough schedule, other makes statement they can only play the teams on schedule giving excuses for weak schedule. It doesn't matter neither has anything to do with the thread. It is what it is, and everyone that won was deserving. I only ever refuted these awards were based on stats.
43 D Wrote:Woods is a vary good player in my opinion the best player was nelson and the best team was North. just my opinion

:dontthink
43 D Wrote:Woods is a vary good player in my opinion the best player was nelson and the best team was North. just my opinion

very?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Here's a stat for you North Laurel didn't win their region. Dalton Cook rushed for more yards and had more tackles than Cole McWhorter that won newcomer of the year. Cook was also only a Freshman. Most deserving of all candidates for this award.

Oh please!!! North has a sophomore and freshman running back who are both better than Cook but where sidelined due to playing behind Nelson. Matter of fact NL freshman back ran all over lc in an 8th grade game where lc had to run Cook to opposite side of the field from this kid before he could even get outta the back field.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Every team has good days and bad days. NL played great against Pulaski. GREAT! Pulaski ran six offensive plays in the first half, and scored a touchdown. NL had a great scheme, but that's the problem with schemes they only work till the other team figures them out. Second half is when Pulaski figured it out. If NL goes to highlands they lose by 3 TDs. Middle school is not high school and I don't think Cameron Sizemore played on that middleschool team either. I may be wrong about Cameron though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good grief really 3 touchdowns, I'm not saying NL would have won but 3 TD's did you ever even watch NL play a game this year other than maybe Pulaski. It was more than just the scheme against Pulaski, NL ran out of gas in the 4th quarter kids were just spent.

It was his first year at Corbin maybe mistaken but I think he actually enrolled at South Laurel and was told he would be ineligible for some reason (only in Laurel County go figure) but was obviously a blessing in disguise.
blueandgreen Wrote:Good grief really 3 touchdowns, I'm not saying NL would have won but 3 TD's did you ever even watch NL play a game this year other than maybe Pulaski. It was more than just the scheme against Pulaski, NL ran out of gas in the 4th quarter kids were just spent.

It was his first year at Corbin maybe mistaken but I think he actually enrolled at South Laurel and was told he would be ineligible for some reason (only in Laurel County go figure) but was obviously a blessing in disguise.

No doubt highlands beats north by three tds. Highlands has played team after team from the mountains who was gonna "run all over them". Ask Whitley county and Johnson central how that worked out. You are gonna have to beat highlands on the edge and out athlete them. Pulaski could do that this year. The funny thing is that I think north would have given bowling green a better game than Pulaski did. Pulaski refused to run the ball between the tackles against bowling green.

In confused about the blessing in disguise comment regarding Sizemore. Are you saying it was a blessing for south laurel or Cameron?
Sizemore never had any interest in South or North Laurel. South is a joke and North doesn't throw the ball.
blueandgreen Wrote:Oh please!!! North has a sophomore and freshman running back who are both better than Cook but where sidelined due to playing behind Nelson. Matter of fact NL freshman back ran all over lc in an 8th grade game where lc had to run Cook to opposite side of the field from this kid before he could even get outta the back field.

I'm not arguing who the most talented may be. This was an award based on stats from newcomers. How exactly are two kids that sat the bench deserving of this award?
blueandgreen Wrote:Good grief really 3 touchdowns, I'm not saying NL would have won but 3 TD's did you ever even watch NL play a game this year other than maybe Pulaski. It was more than just the scheme against Pulaski, NL ran out of gas in the 4th quarter kids were just spent.

Sizemore enrolled at Corbin the summer before his freshman season. There would be no reason he would have been ineligible anywhere he would have chosen to go. Your posts are ridiculous.
Why would a football player who didn't live in district enroll at South?
^^Football players don't enroll at South, they enroll other places.

Now basketball players that is another story..............
Seeing several of these players on several of these teams released, but it has been some new names along. Sometimes a player makes a impact on something they do at the right time when someone voting is watching and sometimes they don't, is about what I have determined! Congratulations, to all these players and continued good luck should you move on to play in College.
Congrats, to all these Tri-County Players! :1: