Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky getting a new QB?
Seen on another board that 3* JUCO Justice Hansen is enrolling Jan 3
Need somebody to create competition for the job.
3* after 3*.
Can we never pick up a 5* qb that's good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:3* after 3*.
Can we never pick up a 5* qb that's good.
It would take more money than all of us could put together, other than that? Nope not at UK Confusednicker:
I seen title and was hoping it wasn't 3 star Stephen Johnson ll,UK offered today,Arkansas State offered early this week along with few more and he is supposed to take official visit here jan 16th,we really need him because next year could be special year here with right qb,speed and more speed at a lot of postions espically at wr,having Luper coming over from TCU who they say is the 3rd fastest person in college football along with Sanders from Texas and some others..go Cats and Redwolves..
^ speaking of Johnson, he has interest in Kentucky as well...Good dual threat QB is something that UK needs...
Strikeout King Wrote:^ speaking of Johnson, he has interest in Kentucky as well...Good dual threat QB is something that UK needs...

^hopefully its just Kentucky has interest in Johnson and not Johnson has interest in Kentucky,cause like I said he supposed to be here jan 16th,and can probally win starting job,because we have 2 qbs who are hurt and don't know if they can stay healthy to have the year they think we will have with good qb..:Thumbs:
Justin Rowland is reporting that Johnson will take a visit to UK and UK only. If his grades check out then hell more than likely be UK bound...
where is people getting the Hansen kid is enrolling Jan 3rd,he don't even mention KY
anyone hearing this rumor? Gunner Kiel to Kentucky
That's what was said about Henson on another board. I've also heard about Gunner Kiel but nothing specific. Where did you hear he's going to UK?
Plus Kiel is or was in rehab for drug issues. Something KY doesn't need...
Strikeout King Wrote:That's what was said about Henson on another board. I've also heard about Gunner Kiel but nothing specific. Where did you hear he's going to UK?

someone from Arkansas state board brought it up and seen something from some bearcats fans saying he might and was just asking..
I don't care who it is. Anyone will be better than what we have now. Barker may have been a big high school recruit but let's face it put him in a game and he gets the deer in the headlights look..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I would prolly take a drug addicted Gunner Kiel over Drew Barker. Just saying...
Strikeout King Wrote:Seen on another board that 3* JUCO Justice Hansen is enrolling Jan 3

well today is the 3rd did he enroll? and anything else on Johnson?
Johnson is visiting on the 15th, the same day that the JUCO signing period is on....

Don't hold me too it but with the signing period for JUCO's being on the 15th and with him supposedly visiting UK on the 15th, one would have to think that he's Kentucky bound..
Hearing that Stephen Johnson is UK's to lose...
Strikeout King Wrote:Hearing that Stephen Johnson is UK's to lose...

the guy that runs the astate message board was on the radio today saying he talked to both Johnson and his coach just day or so ago(I take it) and said that he was still coming jan 14th ..I guess we find out soon enough..
99.999999% of the time a recruiting thread is started, its completely wrong Confusednicker:
cuppett777 Wrote:the guy that runs the astate message board was on the radio today saying he talked to both Johnson and his coach just day or so ago(I take it) and said that he was still coming jan 14th ..I guess we find out soon enough..

Johnson is visiting Kentucky on the 14th...

Hinshaw is extremely high no him and barring any late flaunders, Johnson should be Kentucky bound...
this is from owner of the astatenation.com...........
Stephen Johnson II

12/29/2015



Talked with his coach at College of the Desert and got some good info. Also talked with Stephen, who plans to visit on Jan. 14. That is one week before A-State has a big weekend of OVs for all the commits.
Johnson (6-3, 195) is a California kid who was spotted by Jack Steptoe, who wound up is juco coach at Desert. Steptoe said he called Doug Williams at Grambling after seeing the kid in a summer combine and could not believe no one had offered. Williams called back a day later and said he was going to offer.
He redshirted in 2013 (Williams last as coach) and played in 9 games as a RFr, hitting on 59 of 105 for 723 yards, 6 TDs and 4 Int. Also ran for 92 yards. He missed 3 games because on injury.
Felt he was not given an opportunity to win the starting job in spring 15 so he called Steptoe and said he was leaving. He committed to Desert in July and wound up starting all 10 games and posted some huge numbers. He was named conference offensive player of the year. He was 257-441-3210, 34 TDs and 7 Int. He also rushed for ran 126 times for 429 yards and 8 Tds. And he caught 1 pass for 22 yards. Five of his 7 Ints came in the first 3 games.
Steptoe said they ran wide open hurry up offense with lots of "moving parts like Oregon."
The coach loves the kid and said he is smart and "he's 20. He is a man and he leads by example. He is a do-er."
He added at the end of the year they were a different team. Team finished in a 3-way tie for conf title but lost on tiebreaker so he had no bowl game.
"People don't know about Stephen because he did not get here until late. He is flying under the radar."

Johnson
He said he started talking with A-State coaches last week and coach Anderson called last night with the offer. He is a mid-year guy. "I've been doing my research and I love the way they play. It is very similar to what we did here."
At Ranco Cucamonga in HS he ran the spread offense.
Said he is very interested in the Red Wolves and is somewhat familiar with Arkansas (at least the southern part) since he played at Grambling. will visit Astate Jan 14th

like I said he backed it up on Monday on the radio........
I guees none of that matters now, Justin Hansen has committed to us (Arkansas state) has 3 yrs to play
Something is fishy because Kentucky sources are saying that Johnson is visiting UK on the 14th...Only time will tell I guess...
They are going to take a QB but who will it be, juco or 5th year transfer...I am betting on juco...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Per KSR, Luke Wright will be transferring from Cincinnati. He was a walk-on with the Bearcats and played in 4 games this season.
Johnson is supposed to be on campus today. UK could use a true dual threat QB. Can't beat one so may as well have one.
[YOUTUBE="Stephen Johnson"]p_D604DZHt0[/YOUTUBE]
Johnson arrived on campus last night according to his coach
Johnson is going home tomorrow and will announce this weekend on where he's going to college. I will be completely shocked if it's any other school but UK