Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics in Scheduling?
I recently was checking the KHSAA for scores and ran across a very interesting find. McCreary Central has done some really creative scheduling this year. Have a look for yourself. They will play Middlesboro 4 times this year. Which brings me to this question, is it ethical to do this? Now I see that one might have been avoided at the recent Arbys/KFC tourney but the AD/Coach is the person who made out that bracket so I probably can be safe in saying he made sure they got Middlesboro again. Below is the link from the KHSAA schedule.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=47378
Scheduling can be miss leading.. Look at Lynn Camp schedule, it is the weakest in our region. When Coach Phipps was at Barbourville, he never played a tough schedule and would win 20 every year. Look and judge for yourself.
Middlesboro plays Red Bird 4 times and may be the only wins of the year. The last coach made the schedule not the new. I see no problem if they are meeting in local tournaments. If they are regular schedule games then personally I question that. I do not think it is a ethics or moral question, I think it is an AD question not reviewing the schedule and working with a coach. JMO
The AD is the coach......
That is a problem for me, others may see it different. How many are regular season? If it is more than 2 , schedule someone else and stop trying to make yourself look good. JMO
I agree! Middlesboro should be punished for scheduling them 4 times!
If you have seen either play, then you will think they should play each other 7 or 8 times.
Could have scheduled Williamsburg
E's Army Wrote:Could have scheduled Williamsburg

Doesn't look to me like Williamsburg will play anyone outside of the 13th Region except Jellico who is practically an honorary member of the 13th region.
This shows how down the 13th region is this year.. Clay Co and South can compete with anyone in state. The rest of the region is down with about 10 teams that are very bad!!!
They must schedule 4 loses in their district this year so this evens things out.
Bobcat4years Wrote:This shows how down the 13th region is this year.. Clay Co and South can compete with anyone in state. The rest of the region is down with about 10 teams that are very bad!!!

Clay and South are very good, but I think the 13th is pretty strong this year, especially compared to the last four or five seasons. Corbin played South really close a few weeks ago. North Laurel and Harlan County are also having good seasons.
Willie Turnover Wrote:They must schedule 4 loses in their district this year so this evens things out.

Which is a joke...

Bring Russell back to the 12th. 48th needs a 4th team badly
walterwhite Wrote:If you have seen either play, then you will think they should play each other 7 or 8 times.

Mccreary is head and shoulders better than middlesboro
Ninja Wrote:Mccreary is head and shoulders better than middlesboro

Yes they are. That's why they are 3-8 with 2 blow outs over Moro and a win over Burgin ind.
You should not play the same team twice a year unless their in your district...Or unless you meet them in a tournament....The coach should play 5 easy games 5 hard games and a couple tournaments, that should put you at 18 games and the other 9 games should be a mixture of good teas=ms and fair teams...playing a easy schedule hurts you the district and regional tournaments.
If you look at the expectations for either of these teams seasons, post season success is not one of them. Building and surviving are. I do agree on your concept of scheduling in most cases, just not this season for those two particular teams.
Every Coach has the right to make His schedule as He or She sees fit. Sometimes we go to great lengths for a Win.