•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship)
So I wonder how many kids were 19 on Beechwoods team?

The east gets no credit when they win a title. Hazard 2011 and now Pikeville 2015.
I would like to congratulate the panthers on there state championship !!! Would also like to give a big shout out to (all) the panthers !!!! Not just one !!!! The Charles boys stepped up in the first two quarters and played like true leaders!!!! Vanderbeck played like he did all year, great!!! Jarrell with the early score after the hook up with the future d1 prospect wyhatt was a thing of beauty . Jarrell had positive yardage on every carry all night , the d ,backs shut down some pretty good receivers from beachwood on the long ball all game long! plus jarrell had two key blocks that helped score two td's in the first half !! Hats off to beachwood for keeping Pugh out of the endzone as much as they did in the first Half . Not an easy thing to do! (But) deric came alive in the second half to show why ,In my opinion he was the best back in 1a this year !!! Total team effort from everyone on the panther team !!! Fun bunch of kids to watch !!! Man im going to miss it!!! One last time for 2015 Hail pikeville!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Beechie excuse of the day: "We had a 15 year-old DB trying to tackle their 19 year-old RB."Confusednicker: In the words of HP, "That's a Beechwood problem, not a Pikeville problem!"
Tune in next time and you'll hear them say "The dog ate our playbook!!!!"....AHAHA!!!! CRY NAZIS CRY!!!
Big Five-0- Wrote:I was at that 91' game, and was stunned how RB Brandon Berger just ran all over the Pikeville defense. I think everyone on the Pikeville side was stunned because we just couldn't stop him. To sum it all up, we AS FANS depended on the newspapers for information, and what we were told. No informational highway like we have today with the internet, and sports forums. Got to agree as well to the fact that the Panther fan base was overconfident in that game, and we realized the results. BTW, understand Brandon Burger is an assistant coach on the Beechwood team this season.
You also don't hear Pikeville complaining that JJ Bailey was hurt and didn't play in that game....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:You also don't hear Pikeville complaining that JJ Bailey was hurt and didn't play in that game....

True, and that kid had some great moves, along with speed.
Better late than never but huge congrats to the class 1A champion Panthers. These boys played ferociously. The way they played on defense was outstanding. You can't say enough about the way the offense played down the stretch. Played very efficiently and they were able to run the ball against 7-8 man boxes. The players on the O and D lines worked hard to put themselves in position to hammer opponents late in games. Attitude was phenomenal. Just an all around team win in the championship game. Well deserved by these young men.
Waiting on the video !!!!! Suspense is killin me !!! Lol
Pike must sure be grateful that Mayfield moved up, had we got another year in 1A there would not have been any whining from the west side of the bracket
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Pike must sure be grateful that Mayfield moved up, had we got another year in 1A there would not have been any whining from the west side of the bracket

Yep, the way you whipped NCC the East would have been scared to death. Be surprised if they would have even made the trip to Bowling Green. Lol
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Pike must sure be grateful that Mayfield moved up, had we got another year in 1A there would not have been any whining from the west side of the bracket
As much as Mayfield has gotten on here over the years and harangued anyone who disagreed with them to death, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they now have people vehemently disagreeing if Pikeville fans want to toot the horn of our team a little bit. How dare we! Yeah. If Mayfield were still in 1A, we would have just saved the money, pulled an Indiana, and hung a banner for runner up without even playing. Hell, we would have bought tickets instead to watch Mayfields 1's scrimmage their 2's. :eyeroll:
PHSForever Wrote:As much as Mayfield has gotten on here over the years and harangued anyone who disagreed with them to death, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they now have people vehemently disagreeing if Pikeville fans want to toot the horn of our team a little bit. How dare we! Yeah. If Mayfield were still in 1A, we would have just saved the money, pulled an Indiana, and hung a banner for runner up without even playing. Hell, we would have bought tickets instead to watch Mayfields 1's scrimmage their 2's. :eyeroll:

Glad to see you understand, some of the rhetoric was way over the top
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Glad to see you understand, some of the rhetoric was way over the top
Both ways. But with as many trolls who get on here, certainly you can understand the difference between being proud of your team and just trying to bait another. Most comments regarding beating Mayfield, etc were in the spirit of confidence in the team, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the way some Mayfield fans reacted, you would have thought we had spit on your trophy case or something.
MayfieldCardinal, this is the second time in as many threads I have saw you discredit anything that Eastern Kentucky did this year in Football. Yes W. Kentucky won three titles and yes Mayfield has a 4-peat Congrats. Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Central earned their way there the same way as the W. Kentucky kids did. Please be civil and give these kids their due as you do your own. Any team that makes it to December Football deserves to be there. Thanks Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Idk if anybody already said it but I believe a centre scout came to talk to daric and AJ vanderbeck at school also a Georgetown scout talked to daric. Cody Estep plays at centre so we might see 3 pikeville players up there
I have to confess something - I miss football season!! What a special year. And I'm old enough to where I can appreciate what happened this season. Something that hadn't happened in 26 years for Pikeville. I am an overly obsessed fan, so this season was magical. But what made it even more so was the success of several eastern KY teams. The mountains play some football!! Not ready to let it go.
My honest opinion I would've liked to saw Mayfield vs Pikeville game. Pikeville would've shut Mayfield up. Great job Panthers.
This Pikeville team would have been very competitive with this year's and last years Mayfield teams. I don't think they would have fared very well against the 2012/2013 Mayfield teams, but, because they were versatile on offense, it would keep them in a lot of games.
PikevillePanthers62 Wrote:Idk if anybody already said it but I believe a centre scout came to talk to daric and AJ vanderbeck at school also a Georgetown scout talked to daric. Cody Estep plays at centre so we might see 3 pikeville players up there

From what I've heard Pugh doesn't plan on playing college ball
PHSForever Wrote:Both ways. But with as many trolls who get on here, certainly you can understand the difference between being proud of your team and just trying to bait another. Most comments regarding beating Mayfield, etc were in the spirit of confidence in the team, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the way some Mayfield fans reacted, you would have thought we had spit on your trophy case or something.

BelfryPride Wrote:MayfieldCardinal, this is the second time in as many threads I have saw you discredit anything that Eastern Kentucky did this year in Football. Yes W. Kentucky won three titles and yes Mayfield has a 4-peat Congrats. Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Central earned their way there the same way as the W. Kentucky kids did. Please be civil and give these kids their due as you do your own. Any team that makes it to December Football deserves to be there. Thanks Smile

Two very good posts, PHS Congrats! all Pikevillians should be confident and proud. Not sure why there was a need by some to even drag the Cardinals into it.

Pride, congrats as well on another well deserved title

PS be glad we only went to 2A and not 3A Confusednicker:

This is what drug Mayfield into it. Notice it wasn't a Pikeville fan, it was "someone" from Mayfield. But congrats on that 2A title.

My last comment on Mayfield in this thread.
proud44pirate Wrote:My honest opinion I would've liked to saw Mayfield vs Pikeville game. Pikeville would've shut Mayfield up. Great job Panthers.

PHSForever Wrote:This is what drug Mayfield into it. Notice it wasn't a Pikeville fan, it was "someone" from Mayfield. But congrats on that 2A title.

My last comment on Mayfield in this thread.

LOL PHS goes both ways but congrats to you all and I will refrain further though I would like to add I was kidding with Pride hence the laughing face
Pikeville and belfry fans need to go back and read a few of these threads again. I seen at least twice from Pikeville fans say that they would have beat Mayfield. Also seen a belfry fan say they would have beat Mayfield like a drum. No one from Mayfield had said anything and was just enjoying the championship win. After about 3 or 4 uncalled for comments I spoke up in another thread. Y'all opened this can of worms, now have your feelings hurt.
I really am curious what Mayfield needs to do to get credit from some other fan bases. Belfry, and Pikeville both won titles, and have multiple ones so I say congratulations. Neither team is in Mayfield class so are not relevant to most Mayfield fans, and shouldn't be on belfy or Pikeville fans minds either. These teams are not even rivals, don't play each other along with being in a separate class. Not sure why Mayfield was even brought up by fans of other teams to begin with. All 3 fan bases should be enjoying there titles and not cheapining or trying to qualify there title by playing the what if card on who would win if they where in the same class. I'm not even from mayfield did live there for alittle while but have become a huge fan of them. I'm pretty dang impressed with what they have done so I'll toot there horn and take the blame for it so you can't blame people that have played for or are from or currently live in mayfield. They have the 4th most all time wins in the nation, have 12 titles, 9 runners up, 41 district titles which is a state best, 35 regional championships and semi appearances which is also state best. All of this is done by a public school, and this school is hours from any big city, which isn't the norm as most successvill programs seem to be in or within an hour of a big city. If you don't respect Mayfield history by now I doubt you ever will.
I just re watched this game and got to see everything from what I missed from heading to work.

1st quarter was all Pikeville.
2nd quarter was neutral even though Beechwood scored.
3rd Was all Beechwood because of time consuming drives. Pikeville scored 1 time in possessions.
4th Quarter was all Pikeville. The Power running could not be stopped.

Beechwoods best option in the 2nd half was to not let the Pikeville offense touch it but they couldn't do so.

Beechwood had chances but couldn't capitalize and basically pulled out all the tricks to try to catch Pikeville off guard. On the reverse pass if the player throws that on a rope instead of trying to get more yards than needed that could of been a big play.

For any NKY posters who enter this thread or Beechwood faithful I have a question?

Is there really not that many playmakers on your team that a freshmen and a sophomore are some of the best playmakers on the team besides the upperclassmen? I'm not knocking them its just not common that Beechwood plays players that young. Those kids will grow I'm sure but look small from the watching the title game.
Congrats to Pikeville. No one should try to take away your thunder and I don't think anyone else was. I would like to think that Pikeville and the rest of 1a would be happy with what Mayfield achieved. I say this because last year after Mayfield won the 1a title, all we heard from 2a DeSales fans was how Mayfield couldn't play within 2 touchdowns of them and did not impress them. This was a slap to Mayfield and all of 1a. Then, Mayfield goes on this year and beats DeSales enroute to a 2a state title. This redeems Mayfield and all of 1a. I don't get why there has to be such comparisons. Each team won their class and let's leave it at that.
mysonis55 Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. No one should try to take away your thunder and I don't think anyone else was. I would like to think that Pikeville and the rest of 1a would be happy with what Mayfield achieved. I say this because last year after Mayfield won the 1a title, all we heard from 2a DeSales fans was how Mayfield couldn't play within 2 touchdowns of them and did not impress them. This was a slap to Mayfield and all of 1a. Then, Mayfield goes on this year and beats DeSales enroute to a 2a state title. This redeems Mayfield and all of 1a. I don't get why there has to be such comparisons. Each team won their class and let's leave it at that.

I tryed saying that 2A had to returning champions and people critized me for it. Not sure if it was here or else where but to them I told you so.
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:From what I've heard Pugh doesn't plan on playing college ball

You are right but if vanderbeck goes to centre that might influence Pugh seeing a dude he played with for several years (Estep) and one of his best friends (AJ) going to play football at centre but yes from what I've heard Pugh doesn't have interest in playing college but I believe he did say he liked UK and EKU but he doesn't have offers from them yet. I hope he makes the right decision I'm sad to see him go he was a role model for a lot of people and the definition of pikeville football and he will be missed
It's all good. I just wanted all teams to get their just dues. I'd like to see Belfry vs. Mayfield.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be nice to have that as a battle of champions next year. This year we at least had the battle of champions between us and DeSales. I'm not sure how much further away they are than Corbin. But, we were able to play Corbin at Lindsey Wilson this year. I hated that drive for a regular season game but, as you know sometimes it gets hard to pick up teams to play.

Hurry up before it gets muted again. lol

Merry Christmas, Panther Family! Full thing to follow soon (hopefully).
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next