Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 Players Nominated for Kentucky Mr. Football Award
Congratulations, to all these Kentucky Players nominated this year!
They are all winners just being nominated. Good luck to all these young men!

* Mason Alstatt, Lafayette, running back, committed to Wofford
183 carries, 1,558 yards, 17 TDs; 34 catches, 349 yards, 3 TDs; seven returns for TDs

* Quinton Baker, Ashland Blazer, running back, committed to Western Kentucky - 195 carries, 1,976 yards, 26 TDs; 3 catches, 38 yards

* Rodjay Burns, Trinity, wide receiver/defensive back, committed to Louisville
44 catches, 744 yards, 14 TDs; 22 tackles, 4 interceptions

* Kash Daniel, Paintsville, quarterback/linebacker, committed to Kentucky
117 carries, 926 yards, 22 TDs; 73 of 123, 1,319 yards, 15 TDs, 5 INTs; 158 tackles (91 solo), 4 fumble recoveries

* Riley Hall, Pulaski County, quarterback
216 of 304, 3,147 yards, 35 TDs, 3 INTs; 53 carries, 336 yards, 5 TDs

* Lamarius Kinslow, Fern Creek, wide receiver/linebacker, committed to Western Kentucky - 43 catches, 783 yards, 12 TDs; 108 tackles (50 solo), 27 sacks, 1 INT

* Steven Nelson, North Laurel, running back/defensive back
271 carries, 2,292 yards, 36 TDs; 50 tackles (18 solo), 5 INTs

* Hayden Shelton, Male, quarterback
144 of 238, 2,780 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs; 39 carries, 188 yards, 6 TDs

* Luke Woods, Whitley County, quarterback/defensive back
125 of 212, 1,778 yards, 18 TDs, 11 INTs; 204 carries, 1,764 yards, 19 TDS; 31 tackles (22 solo)

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Luke Legend congrats.
Wow not Brent Slusher? Another shot at NKY football I see. Not all about how good you are, but where you play in the state obviously.
Glad to see 2 Eastern Kentucky kids on the list!! Congrats to all these kids on great seasons. Btw, Riley Halls numbers are crazy!! 35 TD's and 3 ints!?!? Wow!!
Congrats to Luke Woods and all the other kids....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I had a vote mine would go to Hall hands down look at those numbers....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
As a Tiger alum, I'll go with Kash Daniels because there's no one with both offensive and defensive numbers like him. Plus all the other awards he's been named makes him a favorite imo
I'm just tickled that Nelson and Woods, two super kids who just also happen to be great high school football players, got some deserved statewide recognition. No reason to argue over who was better, as I said both high quality on and off the field. And while I wouldn't have a problem with Daniel winning, I would still probably go for Hall too, another tremendous kid who had a phenomenal career.
Waaah
Daric Pugh??😡
Congratulations to all nominees. As many good players as there were, hard to whittle a list to 9
I live in the Somerset area, so I'd like to see the Hall kid win it, but smart money says Kash Daniels in my opinion. Hope he plays well at UK
I'm glad to see Cool Hand Luke in the running. He's a natural - born world-shaker.
Deric Pugh not being on this list is a joke!!!
I think this list is going mostly by stats, as it SHOULD.

This is why I say never take your foot off the pedal. Lukes been a hell of a player for Whitley. He has more total yards than anyone else listed.

Ive wondered this a few times, but can anyone ever remember a kid having that many yards passing and that many yards rushing that close together?
Literally within 50 total yards difference, but over 1700 total for each.

Usually you get one big number like Hall's with passing or Nelsons with Rushing, but hardly ever 50/50 with rushing and passing with that much total...

Also, congrats 5A Region 4 with 3 of the 9 players listed....
hunter 44 Wrote:Deric Pugh not being on this list is a joke!!!

Daric Pugh *^ and I think the list is pretty fair ... Daric didn't play a huge impact on defense ...
mantax Wrote:Wow not Brent Slusher? Another shot at NKY football I see. Not all about how good you are, but where you play in the state obviously.

What an ignorant statement. You should do a little research on the history of this award.
wymt Wrote:Daric Pugh *^ and I think the list is pretty fair ... Daric didn't play a huge impact on defense ...
True. He didn't have huge stats on defense, however, neither did Baker for Ashland, and Daric had better offense stats. It's subjective, really. An argument could be made for any of the players on this list, as well as for many NOT on the list. For example, compare Pugh's numbers vs Baker:

198 carries for 2069 yards

3 receptions for 47 yards and 2 TDs

2 FR, 1 returned for a TD

6 2pt conversions

16 tackles (OLB/DE position)

So if it goes purely by stats, he definitely should have been considered. BUT, again, I know it is subjective for a lot of these awards and lists, so it isn't surprising. There will always be good players left off who should be considered. Again, congrats to all the nominees.
Riley Hall. Hands down.
Iam4thecats Wrote:What an ignorant statement. You should do a little research on the history of this award.

Should I? Beau Hoge got jobbed last year, Drew Houliston the year before that and this year it is Slusher. So you and Bo Do got take a look and get back to me. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.
mantax Wrote:Should I? Beau Hoge got jobbed last year, Drew Houliston the year before that and this year it is Slusher. So you and Bo Do got take a look and get back to me. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.
Slusher was an outstanding player, I agree. Think it had more to do with he perception that NKY football was "down" this year. But like I said, every year good players are left off, not just NKY
Nelson leads the state in rushing yards, touchdowns, & scoring (total points), & 5 interceptions on defense.... According to stats.
Sportscrazed Wrote:Nelson leads the state in rushing yards, touchdowns, & scoring (total points), & 5 interceptions on defense.... According to stats.
Actually, total points is led by Humfleet from Bell County, followed by Pugh of Pikeville, then Nelson. Total TDs is also Humfleet with 41, Pugh with 38, and Nelson with 36. Nelson leads total rushing yards though. Regardless, all amazing numbers from all the players.
Hall has 35 passing TD's and 5 rushing
mantax Wrote:Should I? Beau Hoge got jobbed last year, Drew Houliston the year before that and this year it is Slusher. So you and Bo Do got take a look and get back to me. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.

There have been 4 winners from NKY you are ignorant of the history of the award to state that they are getting passed over based on where they live. You are also completely a joke to suggest that someone who lives in the golden triangle of metro population in my is getting overlooked based on where they live.
Also nobody got jobbed last year. Sindelar is a FBS qb with state passing records who was on the statewide consciousness since his sophomore year and had better stats than Hoge.
Even being a Briar Jumper I think Hall, although Kash has great all around numbers. Congratulations to these young men.
Ray Zuberer, 2A Player of the Year, QB for Owensboro Catholic with off the chart stats, not being one nominated is an absolute joke.
There are several ways to look at this, without knowing the exact criteria for being Mr. Football I'm going to say this based on stats only taking in to consideration some kids played 1,2,3, or even 4 more games than others. Hall is easily the best QB if you go by stats, Baker is the best RB based on stats, (I'm going on yards per carry). If Mr. Football is the best player in the state I'm going with Daniel, no one comes close to his numbers on both sides of the ball. So to sum it up, if the voters want the best QB, its Hall, if they want the best RB its Baker, if they want the all-around best FOOTBALL PLAYER its Daniel.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Also nobody got jobbed last year. Sindelar is a FBS qb with state passing records who was on the statewide consciousness since his sophomore year and had better stats than Hoge.

Is Hoge not an FBS quarterback? If he played anywhere but at Highlands, he would have been the quarterback for 3 years like your boy Sindelar. As I said, he was jobbed big time. Not saying Slusher should win Mr. Football, but he more than had the stats to at least be given consideration.

Why don't you post those Sindelar and Hoge stats for us along with the schedules that each played and get back to me. Please include not just the passing numbers, but the running numbers as well.